[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

14 hours ago, Nils277 said:

To be honest, i did not :) 

There is one part that can be attached to a rover on the front, to create an unmanned rover, but never really how sized parts for an unmanned rover. Might take a look at it at some day ;) 

Can you make parts for rover stages?

-insert image of rover stage-

• 1 month later...

Hi, can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? Even with only the Lynx Cockpit, 2 Lynx Service bays, a Lynx rear airlock, and Talon wheels it rolls every time i try to turn even slightly. Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, it makes no difference. It rolls on them all.

• 4 weeks later...

This is likely due to reaction wheels acting in conjunction with the wheel steering.  Two options here if this is the case:

a) change all reaction wheels/parts with reaction wheel modules to "SAS Only".  Now they will not react to manual steering input, so you can drive normally without trying to torque the whole rover around.

b) Edit your control settings so that Drive Forward, Drive Reverse, Steer Left, Steer Right controls are remapped to (or have alternative keys) something that is not the same as the usual WASD.  Personally, I disable using the arrow keys for camera control and instead use them for my rover steering.

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2019 at 3:04 AM, Nils277 said:

i thought that at least the textures are not working because KPS does not support DXT3 textures anymore and FUR still uses them for the diffuse textures.

Actually no it doesn't (I know I'm replying to the mod author here :P). I just loaded up on 1.8.1 and got no errors. DXT3 textures throw log errors. So all good there

However you will find that the KSPedia entries will need to be updated and do throw errors. I've just removed them for now

Edited by Drew Kerman

On 2/22/2020 at 3:08 AM, Drew Kerman said:

Actually no it doesn't (I know I'm replying to the mod author here :P). I just loaded up on 1.8.1 and got no errors. DXT3 textures throw log errors. So all good there

However you will find that the KSPedia entries will need to be updated and do throw errors. I've just removed them for now

Oh, thanks for the hint with KSPedia, totally forgot these. Will prepare an update for them.

Then the export option from Paint.net for dds is a bit misleading. :D I'm 100% sure i chose DXT3 for diffuse textures because it does not have an alpha channel. Well thats even better, so i don't have to change so much. 

Hey there. I love the mod and was my first pick for my new reinstall, but I encountered a slight and very annoying issue: When subjected to high forces, the rover becomes... twisted...

Basically, it goes all janky, veering to one side, you can see the seams as adjecent parts rotate from each other, etc. I loved how it was always able to compensate for....uhm.... adventurous driving, but it seems to have lost that ability. Even worse, this also happens when the grabber in the cargo hold...well... grabs it to hold it on the cargo hold.

Is this a 1.9 issue, or has anyone encountered it before?

Ps.: maybe add an alignment rectifier module? Flipping is the only weakness, but the unflipper tools are much more flimsy during a crash than the rover itself.

Edited by Nazamroth

• 2 weeks later...

I am using 1.8.1 and i just noticed that the two types of storage boxes are missing that i realy liked. am i doing something wrong or looking in the wrong spot, or were they removed for some reason? if they were, could you put them back? they are very usefull for adding small and large storage boxes that look nice on rovers and some landers. Thanks. love the style of the rover.

11 hours ago, dvdwilliams88 said:

I am using 1.8.1 and i just noticed that the two types of storage boxes are missing that i realy liked. am i doing something wrong or looking in the wrong spot, or were they removed for some reason? if they were, could you put them back? they are very usefull for adding small and large storage boxes that look nice on rovers and some landers. Thanks. love the style of the rover.

Most likely removed by the game itself because 1.8 changed unity versions and so caused some parts from part mods to go missing, just needs to be updated to 1.8 or 1.9 that's all

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 5:59 AM, dvdwilliams88 said:

Which to storage boxed do you not find? Are they from a mod, or for the vanilla game?

On 3/4/2020 at 4:05 PM, Nazamroth said:

Hey there. I love the mod and was my first pick for my new reinstall, but I encountered a slight and very annoying issue: When subjected to high forces, the rover becomes... twisted...

Basically, it goes all janky, veering to one side, you can see the seams as adjecent parts rotate from each other, etc. I loved how it was always able to compensate for....uhm.... adventurous driving, but it seems to have lost that ability. Even worse, this also happens when the grabber in the cargo hold...well... grabs it to hold it on the cargo hold.

Is this a 1.9 issue, or has anyone encountered it before?

Ps.: maybe add an alignment rectifier module? Flipping is the only weakness, but the unflipper tools are much more flimsy during a crash than the rover itself.

Will take a look what happends...sounds like a new issue with KSP 1.9 to me.
You mean the joints and hitches right?

Edited by Nils277

50 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Will take a look what happends...sounds like a new issue with KSP 1.9 to me.

Looks like a docking port attached after a hitch. Attaching docking ports or grabbing units to the trailer has always caused troubles.

15 hours ago, Manul said:

Looks like a docking port attached after a hitch. Attaching docking ports or grabbing units to the trailer has always caused troubles.

Can you tell me, what happens when you dock or grap onto the trailer? I have tried and tested many options and really thought i had removed nearly all errors :/ 

Edit: Even better, do you have a save (best without many other mods) where a Problem can be reproduced?

Edited by Nils277

3 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Can you tell me, what happens when you dock or grap onto the trailer?

Hmmm... nothing. I remember some weird glitches with trailer wobbling and clipping in earlier versions (the same as with docking ports attached to Infernal Robotics parts) but I couldn't reproduce them in 1.9. Also I couldn't reproduce this problem:

On 3/4/2020 at 6:05 PM, Nazamroth said:

Basically, it goes all janky, veering to one side, you can see the seams as adjecent parts rotate from each other, etc.

Yes, stock wheel physics has been changed (again) in 1.9 and tires grip has been reduced so high speed driving with a trailer became more challenging because it doesn't roll like on rails anymore. Not more challenging than it is with KF wheels and trailer attached with BG joint, but more challenging than it used to be. Spring and damping settings of a joint should be adjusted to prevent resonant oscillations of a trailer. And it's extremely easy to loose control at high speed (like in real life)491oPFx.png

The parts that i cant find were two small lockers or storage boxes. i think they were called feline storage boxes cor containers or something like that. they worked with kis and kas they were smaler than a kerbal, black and one was longer or taller than the other. they were able to surface attach and said storage or something similar to that on them. very nice looking and added small storage bays any place i needed them. great for rovers and carrying small parts for kerbals to access from the side of the ship. they were not the larger cargo boxes that kis and others have. wold love to have them again. they looked awsome.

1 hour ago, dvdwilliams88 said:

The parts that i cant find were two small lockers or storage boxes. i think they were called feline storage boxes cor containers or something like that. they worked with kis and kas they were smaler than a kerbal, black and one was longer or taller than the other. they were able to surface attach and said storage or something similar to that on them. very nice looking and added small storage bays any place i needed them. great for rovers and carrying small parts for kerbals to access from the side of the ship. they were not the larger cargo boxes that kis and others have. wold love to have them again. they looked awsome.

These them?
73596115-72ab7a80-44ed-11ea-9692-aa4b247

They have nothing to do with this mod.  They were a part of Surface Experiment Pack, and are scheduled to be included into the next version of KIS.

17 hours ago, Rocket Witch said:

@Nils277 Since this is called Feline Utility Rovers, plural, did or do you intend to add more rover types to make a family with the Lynx being one of a variety of models? Just curious.

There are two different cabs and two different drone units, as well as different wheels and hover fans. You can obviously create plural rovers. I believe the name 'feline rovers' is a nod to the very similar malemute (canine) rover from USI.

Update to 1.2.11 ~Still alive~

Changelog:

Update:

• Recompile for KSP 1.9.1
  • Temporarily removed KSPedia entries due to problems with 1.9.X
  • Updated KSPModFileLocalizer to version 0.2.3.5

Enhancements:

• Adapted lab science multiplier to be more balanced

Mod Support:

• Fixed support for the rear drill for MKS
  • Fixed config typo for realfuels
  • Updated support for BonVoyage. Thanks to jarosm
  • Updated support for Pathfinder. Thanks to jarosm

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed UI update after switching resources of tanks
  • Fixed lights of the rear drill

Download:

oYvtZpW.pngUVVt0OP.pnglMOxt2k.png

19 hours ago, Rocket Witch said:

@Nils277 Since this is called Feline Utility Rovers, plural, did or do you intend to add more rover types to make a family with the Lynx being one of a variety of models? Just curious.

In fact there have been plans for a smaller rover/bike/tricycle like addition i had in mind, but i never really had time to add it...maybe some day ;) 

Edited by Nils277

29 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Update to 1.2.11 ~Still alive~

Changelog:

Download:

oYvtZpW.pngUVVt0OP.pnglMOxt2k.png

In fact there have been plans for a smaller rover/bike/tricycle like addition i had in mind, but i never really had time to add it...maybe some day ;) 

Nils 

Guten Abend.  Glad to have you back my friend.  hope you and your fafiily are well.  keep safe

Rafael

1 hour ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Nils 

Guten Abend.  Glad to have you back my friend.  hope you and your fafiily are well.  keep safe

Rafael

Buenas tardes (hope this is correct :wink:)

Thanks, glad to be back, home office does have its benefits sometime. Yeah, we are fortunately all well until now. Hope you and your family too!

On 4/2/2020 at 4:24 PM, Nils277 said:
  • Temporarily removed KSPedia entries due to problems with 1.9.X

I would like to have it as pictures at least. To remind.

Laboratory still cannot upgrade Kerbals,

Rear drill can be built for Ore or Dirt. But Convert-o-tron cannot use Dirt. Why? Why should I build dirt drill on rover, where I cannot use it? At least allow to change drill mode on field. It has both stats already. (I was surprized Squad Drills both can get Ore, Dirt, ExM, RareM for some reason. OSE Workshop and KBPS installed.)

Service modules spam console message if mouse over.

Thanks.

50 minutes ago, Sebra said:

Laboratory still cannot upgrade Kerbals,

Honestly, I don't see that as a problem, personally - this is a field lab built into a rover, not a real full lab.  It's biggest use to me is making it easier to reset experiments as I go from biome to biome.

50 minutes ago, Sebra said:

Rear drill can be built for Ore or Dirt. But Convert-o-tron cannot use Dirt. Why? Why should I build dirt drill on rover, where I cannot use it? At least allow to change drill mode on field. It has both stats already. (I was surprized Squad Drills both can get Ore, Dirt, ExM, RareM for some reason. OSE Workshop and KBPS installed.)

I think the Squad drills are getting all the resources from OSE.  Nothing else installed?  My suspicion is that something's just patching dirt into every drill.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.