[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2018 at 10:27 PM, technikadonis said:

Hi,

I have found an issue with the Feline/Malemute-Adapter. It seams to me that the docking node for the Malemute-side is on the same hights as the node for the Feline parts, so the Malemute part attaches to high.

Best Regards

Thorsten

Thanks for the report, will look into that.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:41 PM, inkoalawetrust said:

Does this mod have Community Tech Tree integration ?

On 12/3/2018 at 11:47 PM, KerbalSofaProgram said:

id like to know as well

Yes it does have CTT integration

On 12/17/2018 at 10:38 AM, Nils277 said:

Thanks for the report, will look into that.

Yes it does have CTT integration

Downloaded then! Thank you for your contribution! I'm realizing that all the games I like to play have at least 20 mods installed. This type of thing is as big of a contribution to ksp as anything else, except you don't get paid!

Hiyas!

Mind I ask, what you guys think about adding Power Couplers and Power Distributors (modules from MKS) to some Lynx parts?

My suggestion would be:

• Lynx_Bumper - Power Coupler (range 250)
  • Lynx_FrontPiece - Power Coupler (range 250)
  • Lynx_FuelCell_Roof (potentially cheaty) - Power Coupler (range 250)
  • Lynx_Cockpit & Lynx_CockpitTruck - Power Coupler (range 500) and Distributor (range 500)

An updated KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Patches/MKS.cfg according to the list above could be:

Spoiler

@PART[Lynx_FuelTankBig,Lynx_FuelTankRear,Lynx_FuelTankSmall,Lynx_FuelTankThin,Lynx_FreightBig,Lynx_FreightSmall,Lynx_CanisterFuel,Lynx_AttachableFueltank,Lynx_AttachableCargo,Lynx_CanisterFreight]:FOR[FelineUtilityRover]:NEEDS[MKS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = USI_ModuleResourceWarehouse
	}
}

@PART[Lynx_FuelTankRear]:FOR[FelineUtilityRover]:NEEDS[MKS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = USI_ModuleRecycleBin
	}
}

@PART[Lynx_Cockpit,Lynx_CockpitTruck]:FOR[FelineUtilityRover]:NEEDS[MKS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceDistributor
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModulePowerDistributor
		PowerDistributionRange = 500
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModulePowerCoupler
		PowerCouplingRange = 500
	}
}

@PART[Lynx_Bumper,Lynx_FrontPiece,Lynx_FuelCell_Roof]:FOR[FelineUtilityRover]:NEEDS[MKS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		PowerCouplingRange = 250
	}
}

this way some parts can be saved due to the nature of the idea of having rovers and disconnected vehicles/bases/etc.

standalone config:

Spoiler

@PART[Lynx_Cockpit,Lynx_CockpitTruck]:HAS[!MODULE[ModulePowerDistributor]]:NEEDS[FelineUtilityRover&MKS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModulePowerDistributor
		PowerDistributionRange = 500
	}
}

@PART[Lynx_Cockpit,Lynx_CockpitTruck]:HAS[!MODULE[ModulePowerCoupler]]:NEEDS[FelineUtilityRover&MKS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		PowerCouplingRange = 500
	}
}

@PART[Lynx_Bumper,Lynx_FrontPiece,Lynx_FuelCell_Roof]:HAS[!MODULE[ModulePowerCoupler]]:NEEDS[FelineUtilityRover&MKS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		PowerCouplingRange = 250
	}
}

---
Also another idea came through my mind, what about adding USI_InertialDampener to all Lynx_* parts?
A standalone config suggestion might look like:

Spoiler

@PART[Lynx_*]:HAS[!MODULE[USI_InertialDampener]]:NEEDS[FelineUtilityRover&MKS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = USI_InertialDampener
	}
}

Edited by LatiMacciato

• 2 weeks later...

Getting null refs while loading up KSP 1.6.  Might be a conflict with another mod (tried it with just feline utility rovers installed and didn't get null refs while loading) but I'm not sure and also not sure how to upload the entire log to here

[LOG 08:10:55.448] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Resources/Drill_rear/Lynx_DrillRear'
[EXC 08:10:55.527] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PartModule.Awake ()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    Part:AddModule(String, Boolean)
    Part:AddModule(ConfigNode, Boolean)
    PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)
    <CompileParts>c__Iterator1:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[ERR 08:10:55.528] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartModule.ApplyUpgradeNode (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 appliedUps, .ConfigNode node, Boolean doLoad) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node, Boolean forceAwake) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 08:10:55.528] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 08:10:55.528] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Resources/ISRU/Lynx_ISRU'
[LOG 08:10:55.661] PartLoader: Part 'KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Resources/ISRU/Lynx_ISRU' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 08:10:55.684] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'Lynx.ISRU'
[EXC 08:10:55.725] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Part+<Start>c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[EXC 08:10:55.786] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbetrotterTools.ModuleKerbetrotterMultiLight.updateLights (Single state)
    KerbetrotterTools.ModuleKerbetrotterMultiLight.Update ()
[EXC 08:10:55.832] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 08:10:55.875] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 08:10:55.900] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Science/Canister_Science/Lynx_CanisterScience'
[LOG 08:10:55.985] PartLoader: Part 'KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Science/Canister_Science/Lynx_CanisterScience' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 08:10:55.996] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'Lynx.CanisterScience'
[EXC 08:10:55.999] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 08:10:56.041] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 08:10:56.067] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Edited by Kerbex

On 1/5/2019 at 11:55 PM, FLO said:

Is it working with 1.6, I can't play without this mod :(

Yes, it should work with KSP 1.6. Will make a new release in the next time with the updated shader for TU (thanks to @Electrocutor) and a recompile for KSP 1.6. 
If you find any issues, please let me know ;) 

On 1/5/2019 at 3:55 PM, Kerbex said:

Getting null refs while loading up KSP 1.6.  Might be a conflict with another mod (tried it with just feline utility rovers installed and didn't get null refs while loading) but I'm not sure and also not sure how to upload the entire log to here

Thanks, i think the part of the NULL ref you posted already helps. I will take a look at the problem. What mods do you have installed?
The drill actually has support for: MKS, Extraplanetary Workshop, Pathfinder, USI-LS and TAC-LS.

Do you have any of theses mods installed?

21 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Thanks, i think the part of the NULL ref you posted already helps. I will take a look at the problem. What mods do you have installed?
The drill actually has support for: MKS, Extraplanetary Workshop, Pathfinder, USI-LS and TAC-LS.

Do you have any of theses mods installed?

Yes, MKS and USI-LS.  After some troubleshooting I think it was because I was using the newest USI constellation (the one from November) which changed some module names.   Then there was some strange issue with AmpYear + newest USI Constellation + Feline Utility Rovers. I reverted back to the USI constellation from October and no exceptions show up. 

Edited by Kerbex

4 hours ago, Kerbex said:

Yes, MKS and USI-LS.  After some troubleshooting I think it was because I was using the newest USI constellation (the one from November) which changed some module names.   Then there was some strange issue with AmpYear + newest USI Constellation + Feline Utility Rovers. I reverted back to the USI constellation from October and no exceptions show up. 

Thanks for the info, will try to update FUR for the latest USI versions.

• 3 weeks later...

@Kerbex yeah, its the changes from the latest USI-Constellation mod (pack) that is causing the issues.

After looking at the problem i think i will stay with the current configs until MKS and USI-LS are officially released with the module changes. Otherwise it will break the functions for everyone who uses the official versions of the mods and not the latest constellation package.
Once @RoverDude releases the changes to MKS and USI-LS i will make an update with the latest modules. 

Hello,

First, thank  you for your mod, it is really cool !

I just have a small problem, some parts of this mod notably all the wheel dont react when I want to place them and build something. Like they are transparent and I cant place them on other parts during construction, how can I fix that ?

Update to 1.2.9 ~Profiling Numbers~

Changelog

Update:

• Recompile for KSP 1.6.1
  • Updated KSPModFileLocalizer to version 0.2.3.3 

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed height of the Malemute Adapter
  • Fixed Hitches breaking when the vessel docks

Download:

oYvtZpW.pngUVVt0OP.pnglMOxt2k.png

@Astrochymist Some parts, e.g. the wheels can only be placed at attachment nodes, so attaching them to a side of a normal part won't work. If this is not the case, can you post a screenshot of what you want to do?

Edited by Nils277

Hello Nills.

First or all, thank you for this excelent mod. It's been a mainstay of mine in the last years.

Second, a question: Would it be possible to use the flexibile dockign ports to pull out multiple docking? One difficulty with multiple docking (is that you have to have the same distance on both vessels)

I'm planiing to buidl a drydock in sapce that can accomodate a multitude of vessels adn i want to have the docking standard on teh starbase to be double port docking. Your flexibile ports come to mind as beeing perfect for the job, as you always miss the alignment by a amilimeter or so.

Andother question is what is the docking strength on those ports, adn hat do i need to do to set it to maximum? (as i plan to dock several large ships usign that method)

2 hours ago, sharkx said:

I have a problem with installation. I added to game data but, in the game, I don't see parts. Please help me.

Typically, you need to show a picture of your GameData folder and maybe your logs to help you effectively, but to start off with, make sure you don't have nested GameData folders. Should just be Kerbal Space Program -> GameData -> KerbetrotterLtd

Hi everyone - I've been using FUR for about a week, 3 part articulated rover driven hundreds of K's on Duna, but suddenly my bellows joint has stopped working, I can no longer lock or unlock it?

3HUVumw.png

It has also started doing this weird concertina thing.  It is still drivable with the wheels that are in contact with the ground, but each time I switch to this ship, the concertina issue gets worse?

Any help is appreciated!

4 hours ago, FeersumEndjinn said:

It has also started doing this weird concertina thing.  It is still drivable with the wheels that are in contact with the ground, but each time I switch to this ship, the concertina issue gets worse?

It's measuring the duna-golds! :D

17 hours ago, FeersumEndjinn said:

Hi everyone - I've been using FUR for about a week, 3 part articulated rover driven hundreds of K's on Duna, but suddenly my bellows joint has stopped working, I can no longer lock or unlock it?

3HUVumw.png

Any help is appreciated!

Oh :o This does not seem good. Can you send me the save file for that? 

What happens when you time warp with the rover?

Edited by Nils277

On 2/1/2019 at 6:47 AM, Nils277 said:

Oh :o This does not seem good. Can you send me the save file for that? 

What happens when you time warp with the rover?

Sure - what is the best way to send you the save file?

When I time-warped with the rover prior to the problem it worked fine - I kept the speed under 20m/s and used time warp to make it go faster and that was fine.  Suddenly after loading my game I lost the ability to lock and unlock (buttons missing), and now it seems to get about 10 degrees worse each time I switch to it.

Bn2FEd4.png

The only thing I had changed between it working fine and not working, was that I installed Antenna Helper (https://spacedock.info/mod/1730/Antenna Helper).

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.