[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

Accidentally landed a test rover with crew on it. Limited O2... so I sent a K&K greenhouse base and landed it nearby... drove and drove and drove only to find out that the height differences between the Lynx docking port and the K&K base were too great for it to dock

So I kept backing up as fast as I could then slamming the brakes on to try to dip the ass of the rover enough to mate the ports. Tried that for 10 minutes with no luck

Then I thought of lowering the damping on the bellows joint and suddenly... WHAM! Docked :)

1 hour ago, Sebra said:

ROFL

Still need 1.22 with mods.

Would install 1.3 tomorrow and try it.

PS. How was "Kerbetrotter" word built? What meaning should it have?

Kerbetrotter is the kerbalized version of the word "Globetrotter" which should reflect the usage of the rover and it is also the name of a company which is selling rather expensive outdoor and camping equipment 

Edited by Nils277

7 hours ago, msnbcorp said:

Have you a lot of text in your mod ?

I have seen that you are proposing translaters to help you ? I could translate in french if you give me the text and if there are not a lot :P ^^

Thanks for offering help with the translations :) 

I uploaded the files here: Texts that need translation. FUR has around 2500 words of text. Mainly for part names and their description.

@Sebra The text for the KSPedia entries are also linked in the above text. :) 

11 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Accidentally landed a test rover with crew on it. Limited O2... so I sent a K&K greenhouse base and landed it nearby... drove and drove and drove only to find out that the height differences between the Lynx docking port and the K&K base were too great for it to dock

So I kept backing up as fast as I could then slamming the brakes on to try to dip the ass of the rover enough to mate the ports. Tried that for 10 minutes with no luck

Then I thought of lowering the damping on the bellows joint and suddenly... WHAM! Docked :)

There will be a height adjustable docking parts eventually to make this easier. No ETA yet though :wink: 

Edited by Nils277

3 hours ago, Urses said:

@Nils277a question. If you support KIS/KAS anyway would it not be easier to provide a flexible tube for uneven docking? As to work with a adjustable hight part?

Urses 

There is one in the Planetary Base pack already.

3 hours ago, Urses said:

@Nils277a question. If you support KIS/KAS anyway would it not be easier to provide a flexible tube for uneven docking? As to work with a adjustable hight part?

Urses 

Jep, that would work too. And like DStall said there is already one in KPBS. This would however require the the user to have KIS/KAS installed. 

5 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Thanks for offering help with the translations :) 

I uploaded the files here: Texts that need translation. FUR has around 2500 words of text. Mainly for part names and their description.

@Sebra The text for the KSPedia entries are also linked in the above text. :) 

There will be a height adjustable docking parts eventually to make this easier. No ETA yet though :wink: 

Ouch, 2500 words it's big XD . I will take my time for this project ^^.

I have forked the file to work little by little on github. I share it to you when it's done :wink: (it could be long ^^)

2 hours ago, msnbcorp said:

Ouch, 2500 words it's big XD . I will take my time for this project ^^.

I have forked the file to work little by little on github. I share it to you when it's done :wink: (it could be long ^^)

No need to hurry :wink: I think it will take some time until french is officially supported by KSP (i suspect that there will be a second wave of translations eventually).
To be honest i'm too surprised how much this is :wink: 

45 minutes ago, bice said:

Hi @Nils277 I can help you with spanish translations

That would be very cool, thank you! :) The files for the translation can be found here: Texts.

Edited by Nils277

On 30.5.2017 at 6:19 PM, Starwaster said:

(in my best Ed Grooberman voice)

So like... what... an hour or so?

Best i can do is two :P (i didn't mention any time unit, it can be anything from hour, over fortnight to millenia)

Edited by Nils277

On another note, translating into german can be a bit ...ehrm...funny.

e.g. the

Lynx Hitch docking adapter

translated word-for-word would be something like

Lynx  Anhängerkupplungskopplungssystemadapter

Update to 0.5.1 aka Speaking Spanish

Changelog

Localization:

• Added localization for spanish cXO4NUi.png. Thanks to @bice

Download

oYvtZpW.png UVVt0OP.png lMOxt2k.png

Happy launchings!

Edited by Nils277

Suggestion: Attach nodes on the bottom to attach things like inflatable shields. (I did some horribly convoluted things to get one attached and it occured to me how great a bottom attach node would be :P

(here, enjoy my Lynx rover landing system)

TDvCO16.jpg

Nils

have anyone reported getting inoperable message on the accordion joint. Built  a rover in the vab.  if I right click I get the standard locked, unlocked dialog switch. Press the launch button , and when the vehicle appears on launchpad and I right clickcl on the joint just reads inoperable.

rafael

****************************** Self Corrected with a restart*****************************

Will let you know if it happens again

Edited by Rafael acevedo

3 hours ago, Odentin said:

Game is crashing on startup. According to the error log, the crash happens when it tries to load this mod.

Crash log is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz-afT0AVIohTi1QMlYzNC1Rb3c

Anything I need to change? It is an interaction with another mod, maybe? Just looking to make it work.

It looks like Bon Voyage that's crashing your game. There's no official 1.3 version (but you can get an unofficial update linked below 

Never mind, that's not the problem. I'm not sure exactly what's happening. Are you certain all mods are updated to 1.3?

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

8 hours ago, Odentin said:

Game is crashing on startup. According to the error log, the crash happens when it tries to load this mod.

Crash log is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz-afT0AVIohTi1QMlYzNC1Rb3c

Anything I need to change? It is an interaction with another mod, maybe? Just looking to make it work.

As @TheRagingIrishman said, it might be a mod that is supported by FUR but not yet upated to KSP 1.3.0. Can you also send me the KSP.log file from the main folder of KSP? I can make more sense of the problems from that file most of the time. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.