[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

3 hours ago, iTzPepperony said:

Can you help me or give me some hints on how to send the Rover made from this mod to the Moon?

1. Build a rocket
  2. Add moar boosters
  3. Need moar Delta-V? Repeat step 2:D

...wait... Moon? Never heard about that celestial body in Ksp

ahahah, joke:wink:

Can you specify where exactly you need help: on how to build a craft/spaceflight/only general tips?

11 hours ago, KyleKidd said:

Hey guys, I just did a Mod Spotlight on Nils277's Feline Utility Rovers mod.

Check it out on YouTube:  Feline Utility Rovers - KSP Mod Spotlight

[SNIP]

Cool, will add your video to the gallery section in the OP when i get time.

5 hours ago, iTzPepperony said:

Can you help me or give me some hints on how to send the Rover made from this mod to the Moon?

Build a really big rocket and attache the structural adater with one end to the rear of your rover and the other end to your rocket.
I still need to create some kind of thrusters that help landing on planets/moons without an atmosphere.

And welcome to the forums, glad you like this mod :wink: 

Edited by Nils277

3 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Cool, will add your video to the gallery section in the OP when i get time.

Build a really big rocket and attache the structural adater with one end to the rear of your rover and the other end to your rocket.
I still need to create some kind of thrusters that help landing on planets/moons without an atmosphere.

And welcome to the forums, glad you like this mod :wink: 

I'm playing in career mode, is it hard for me to do that? I never sent a rover before in case that would be the first one.

7 hours ago, iTzPepperony said:

I'm playing in career mode, is it hard for me to do that? I never sent a rover before in case that would be the first one.

No it is not that hard. One just needs a little practice :wink: When this is your first rover, I would suggest to first make a few launches with small stock rovers to get a feeling for them. 

Update to 0.3.1 aka the KIS Update

xAVkEvS.png

0.3.1 [Released: 21. Feb. 2017]

Misc:

• Kerbals cannot level up in the mobile lab anymore
  • Added surface scanner ability to the mobile lab
  • Removed Ore from the FuelTank. It is carried by the Freight Container now
  • Straightened roof of cargo ramp
  • The front piece now has switchable lights
  • Adjusted crash tolerance of many parts

New Parts:

• Added small freight container
  • Added big freight container
  • Added small flatbed
  • Added big flatbed
  • Added Solar Panels (2x)
  • Added bumper (for Freight and Flatbed)

Mod Support:

• Added support for KIS
  • Added support for JSI Advanced Transparent Pods
  • Added support for WheelSounds
  • Added support for BonVoyage

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed the collider of the ladders
  • Corrected name of the cargo ramp (removed the "big")

lDjPofR.png

oYvtZpW.png UVVt0OP.png lMOxt2k.png

The freight container will hold resources for Pathfinder, MKS and Extraplanetary Launchpads in the future. 

Edit: Version 0.3.1 does have the science converter in the Mobile Lab again, it was removed in 0.3.0

Edited by Nils277
changed from 0.3.0 to 0.3.1

36 minutes ago, Antik said:

Soooo, mobile lab is just a big surface scanner now?

No, it still has the ability to reset already conducted tests.

Having all the options from the waaay bigger stock laboratory seemed a bit overpowered to me, so i nerved it. If this is not well recieved i will add the ability to convert science back to it.

Edit: You can add the Science converter back in, it is only commented out in the config in: KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Science/MobileLab.cfg (starting in line 97)

Edited by Nils277

Just now, Antik said:

This change feels kinda odd. Can you elaborate in why did you remove science converter?

As i said, the stock Laboratory from KSP is way bigger (three times) than the Mobile Lab and also weights more. It would be unbalanced to have a way smaller part that can fulfill the same function. So i decided that the mobile lab should have less features than the full grown Lab.

Compared to stock Lab, it's Science Converter stats look okay, maybe scienceMultiplier can be just brought even more down, to 2 ot even 1, making mobile lab a really inefficient converter, but still- converter. IMO, having overnerfed, inefficient lab, that can crunch some data at site is anyway better than not having one at all.

About exp management- removing it is fair- it's just a lab, not a classroom.

Edited by Antik

Again- sorry for this. Your mod is great anyway, at least just for being a great and somewhat superior alternative to stock rovers. Keep it up the way you want.

Flatbeds are nice, though.

Aaaaand also- IMC-2500 KIS container lacks underside/wheels attachment points, is it supposed to be so?

Edited by Antik

Hi!

Let me add another criticism to this beautiful mod. :wink:

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

No, it still has the ability to reset already conducted tests.

Like any scientist can without it? Glad Science Converter is back.

I cannot understand three things in this mod:

1. Why Ladders and Bumper placement so weird for me?

2. Where the square Solar Panel supposed to be?

3. What should be the reason to store rover in rover?

And please add note to the opening post about joints unlocking before they can bent. It was hard for me to find this key info.

Thanks!

@Sebra

1. The bumper has the same placement node like all other parts. I would have to add two new nodes to each part just for the bumper when it has its own. Don't know what about the ladders, they behave exactly like the stock ones.
  2. On the top of the parts like the wide solar panel (e.g. it looks better than the wide one on top of the life support part )
  3. Because it might be fun. You can also store other things there

About unlocking the joints: This is already clearly stated in the KSPedia entry. 
Edit: added it to the OP nonetheless

Edited by Nils277

Ooooh, neat!!

I love that the flatbed has rails that can be hidden. Very cool!

And thank you for making the solar panels have good impact tolerances. *glomps*

Two questions...

The Life Support Container won't let me change its resource type. It has four buttons, two that say "Next fuel" and two that say "Previous fuel", but they don't seem to do anything. It currently has 200 Electric Charge, and nothing else.

The cargo containers also just have ore tanks, and the buttons just say "Next Resource: Ore" and "Previous Resource: Ore"

Could this be because of either Interstellar Fuel Switch, or Allista's Configurable Containers?

The undercarriage life support container does have the correct resources, however.

Edited by FirroSeranel

22 minutes ago, FirroSeranel said:

Ooooh, neat!!

I love that the flatbed has rails that can be hidden. Very cool!

And thank you for making the solar panels have good impact tolerances. *glomps*

Two questions...

The Life Support Container won't let me change its resource type. It has four buttons, two that say "Next fuel" and two that say "Previous fuel", but they don't seem to do anything. It currently has 200 Electric Charge, and nothing else.

The cargo containers also just have ore tanks, and the buttons just say "Next Resource: Ore" and "Previous Resource: Ore"

Could this be because of either Interstellar Fuel Switch, or Allista's Configurable Containers?

The undercarriage life support container does have the correct resources, however.

The behaviour of the Freight container is normal. It will have more options for resources with one of the next updates. (e.g. the resources for Extraplanetary Launchpads, Pathfinder etc.) To be honest, i should hide the switching ability when only one resource is available.

The behaviour of the Life Support container is not intended. You should be able to change its resources and only have one option to switch the fuels. What LS mod are you using?

Edited by Nils277

Umbra Space Industries. I'm trying it without IFSW and KSPIE now. I'm not a huge fan of Interstellar Extended anyway. Brilliantly done, but just... a tad too much realism in the nuclear engineering side for a game. Well... I mean, it's about the same level of complexity as the nuclear power mods for Factorio, but... anyway, I'll let you know if it's still doing it.

Yep, same behavior without Interstellar Fuel Switch. Though the IFS Core is still installed, 'cause a lot of other mods depend on it. I think, anyway.

I'll try uninstalling the core, which will remove a couple of other mods, next. Mk2 and Mk3 expansions depend on it. :(

Edited by FirroSeranel

10 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

The behaviour of the Freight container is normal. It will have more options for resources with one of the next updates.

It seems KIS inventory is too different to be in it.

52 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

The bumper has the same placement node like all other parts. I would have to add two new nodes to each part just for the bumper when it has its own. Don't know what about the ladders, they behave exactly like the stock ones.

When I try to place Bumper on the command module it attach under wheels level, not in the place of hinge.

Ladders always demand rotation to place correctly :(

55 minutes ago, Nils277 said:
  • On the top of the parts like the wide solar panel (e.g. it looks better than the wide one on top of the life support part )

Oh, I forgot about windows and thought about side square without attach node on some modules. Now I see.

1 minute ago, Sebra said:

When I try to place Bumper on the command module it attach under wheels level, not in the place of hinge.

Oh, I forgot about windows and thought about side square without attach node on some modules. Now I see.

There's a separate unit for KIS storage.

I... don't think the bumper is intended for the cockpit, but for the flatbeds if you want one to be the last thing in a rover or trailer. <.<

Stock ladders often require rotation as well, depending on what you're putting them in. It's probably because if you have angle snap turned on, it's trying to angle it as if it were below the center line of a cylinder. Try it with angle snap off.

8 minutes ago, Sebra said:

Yes, the Inventory of KIS is not really compatible with normal Resources. I know that the Bufflo uses some workaround by setting the inventory to 0 when switching to another resource, but i don't like this idea :wink: 

4 minutes ago, FirroSeranel said:

There's a separate unit for KIS storage.

I... don't think the bumper is intended for the cockpit, but for the flatbeds if you want one to be the last thing in a rover or trailer. <.<

Stock ladders often require rotation as well, depending on what you're putting them in. It's probably because if you have angle snap turned on, it's trying to angle it as if it were below the center line of a cylinder. Try it with angle snap off.

Oh yes, the bumper is not for the front of the rover it is an alternative front/rear for e.g. the flatbeds or freight parts when you want to have them as separate trailer.

I had some serious issues with the ladders when they were in another orientation...don't know why they only work correctly with the orientation they have now. 

Edited by Nils277

Still doing it even without IFS.

Configurable Containers I can't remove, because USI itself is dependent on it.

Edit: It could also maybe be B9 Part Switch? But the entire B9 Constellation and Nertea's entire constellation are both dependent on that... I want those. <.< :(

Let me take a look in the configs and see what's different between the undercarriage life support canister, and the full sized one...

Edited by FirroSeranel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.