[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

On 5/30/2021 at 4:09 PM, MacGregor said:

Just installed this mod the other day. It's awesome! However, it is causing some weird issues. Whenever I have a rover loaded I can no longer save, quick save, switch between crafts, or revert flights. Any idea why this might be? 

Edit: The strangeness continues. I can save now, but I can't return to Space Center or Tracking Station. Also, on the Mun once I exited the rover, my Kerbal can plant a flag but afterwards he just sits there and can't be moved. The flag also doesn't trigger the mission objective for some reason. 

This indeed sounds strange! Are there any messages or similar when you try to save/ switch/etc? None of this should be interfered with by the rover. It does not even remotely change any behaviour in that regard. There really must be a severe error that cause trouble all over the place.

What version of this Mod and KSP are you using?

Can you please upload the KSP.log file and link it here after you tried the actions that did not work? The log file should contain information that can give a clue what is going wrong.

Do you have any other mods installed that might interfere with this mod? 

Edit: After you saved the KSP.log file you can try to remove the temporary files created by KSP and ModuleManager and also delete and reinstall FUR. Maybe some of the files was corrupted and causes problems.

Edited by Nils277

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seriously don't know after playing over 5,000 hours of KSP I have somehow missed using this Mod , suffice to say it is now my default rover mod as it's amazing .

Question ?

How the did you get the reflections looking so amazing on the glass ???

Edited by Puggonaut

After much deliberation, I have decided NOT to use this mod. I love it but its just not stock-alike enough for me. The pieces all fit together SO neatly, it just doesn't have the same experimental look. After a while, if I grow tired of fiddling with my rovers, I'll check back in.

• 3 months later...
On 1/21/2017 at 11:40 AM, Nils277 said:

If anyone is interested to translate FUR into Japanese or French, please
let me know!

Hi Nils!
I know I should have done this years ago, but I've finally done the french translation of the mod!

I couldn't push it on Github, so I'm sending you a message here waiting for your answer so that you can tell me where and how to send it to you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! The description for this mod pack at Curseforge indicates the documentation is in KSPedia, but I cannot find it. I'm probably just missing it. Any advice?  

https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/feline-utility-rovers

Update: Never mind, I just realized it gets inserted into the in-game KSPedia. Duh

Edited by AlwaysBeBatman
Solved my own problem

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DEAR NILS277

this is a great mod , i almost can't play ksp with out this , however, i hope my craft can hover at a higher attitude. I had already change the maxHoverHeight in {MODULE  name = ModuleKerbetrotterEngine}, but i can still set the hover height max to 2 in game. how can i solute this problem?

I can use the rcs control to hover higher even into 700meters now ,but the vertical speed seem be lock to 2 m/s , Can i edit cfg to increse the vertical speed ? thank you very much.

english is not my first language ,i'm sorry for any grammar mistakes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 12:24 PM, littlecaptian said:

DEAR NILS277

this is a great mod , i almost can't play ksp with out this , however, i hope my craft can hover at a higher attitude. I had already change the maxHoverHeight in {MODULE  name = ModuleKerbetrotterEngine}, but i can still set the hover height max to 2 in game. how can i solute this problem?

I can use the rcs control to hover higher even into 700meters now ,but the vertical speed seem be lock to 2 m/s , Can i edit cfg to increse the vertical speed ? thank you very much.

english is not my first language ,i'm sorry for any grammar mistakes. 

Hi @littlecaptian sorry for the late reply. Having a higher hover height is not possible using configs. This was a design decision to not make the hover engines too overpowered. As a kind of physical explanation, the hover engines use the "ground effect" to hover efficiently, This would not work in higher altitudes.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:16 PM, Nils277 said:

Having a higher hover height is not possible using configs. This was a design decision to not make the hover engines too overpowered.

In my opinion, it's better practice to not hard-code things. If, say, someone wanted to use your code to make some hover thing that could hover at 5KM, then they cant in the current setup. Also, maybe air density would be a better threshold? I don't know much about aerodynamics.

33 minutes ago, SkyFall2489 said:

In my opinion, it's better practice to not hard-code things. If, say, someone wanted to use your code to make some hover thing that could hover at 5KM, then they cant in the current setup. Also, maybe air density would be a better threshold? I don't know much about aerodynamics.

I'm sure the mod owner knows that. If you disagree with the design decision, I think the license allows derivative works and you can create your own version.

On 5/1/2022 at 5:14 AM, SkyFall2489 said:

I can understand that this might be something that someone would like to change in the settings. I will try to remember to make this possible for the next update. ;) 

On 5/6/2022 at 3:17 PM, MrLake said:

I think I found a strange bug with the latest install - all the fuel tanks (regardless of size) seem to have the same capacity (225/275 LFO), and same for the freight/ore containers (600 ore). Can anyone verify?

Thanks for reporting! I will take a look at the issue and fix it if requred :) 

Update to 1.3.6   ~Spaaaaaace~

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed incorrect volume of parts with switchable resources
  • Fixed incompatibility issues with Simple Repaint 

oYvtZpW.pngUVVt0OP.pnglMOxt2k.png

@littlecaptian I have looked up the max height for hovering and it can be set by the paramater you have changed in the config file. What you are using for the hover height is the actual "offset" for the height which is meant for making the rover be horizontal while hovering when the engines are not all at the same height. You can change the actual height via the "i" key for higher and "k" key for lower.

Edited by Nils277

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.