[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

51 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Just found out that the function filter of this mod is not working when CCK is not installed. Will try to make a bugfix release soon. 

Would that be the issue with Planetary Base? Upon inspection of the CCK folder that came with KPB there seem to be no icon files for Planetary Bases...?

@Kerbart KPBS does not use CCK for its Base folder. CCK is only there for the Life Support parts. Its an issue with the code of the plugins of FUR and KPBS. I already found the error abd know how to fix it. I just need to find some time to do this. 

Edited by Nils277

11 hours ago, Mandella said:

Anybody added in Windowshine support for FUR?

Just asking before I attempt my own.

Support for WindowShine was added natively with update 1.0.2. :wink: 

10 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

just installed this, and while using tac life support, when you put on life support moduals, you just have waste water and co2 as resources, and when you click the next and previous button nothing happens.

Hmm, it seems to work properly for me. What version of FUR are you using? There has been an error in regard to the Life Support Module where it deleted CO2 and Waste Water when the resource was switched. But something like this is not yet known to me.
Can you send me the KSP.log file from the games main directory? Maybe i can see what goes wrong there. 

Edited by Nils277

3 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

fur 1.0.2 installed by ckan, its a fresh install of everything with dev versions of things that havent been updated except EL and ose i installed them after i noticed this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/okku4ka5t0p1cvi/KSP.log?dl=0

Holy Kerbal...that is some really weird error. The resource switch is not able to find its own configuration from the config file for some weird reason. My only quess would be that some other mod adds its own module to a part dynamically at runtime and not via ModuleManager.

I created a debug version of the plugin that logs all modules and might show which mod is causing the problem: KerbetrotterTools.dll. You need to copy it into: GameData\KerbetrotterLtd\000_KerbetrotterTools\Plugins
It also has a (hacky) workaround for the bug but it would be better to find out which mod is causing the problem. Can you send me the KSP.log from this plugin? 

Edited by Nils277

46 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Holy Kerbal...that is some really weird error. The resource switch is not able to find its own configuration from the config file for some weird reason. My only quess would be that some other mod adds its own module to a part dynamically at runtime and not via ModuleManager.

I created a debug version of the plugin that logs all modules and might show which mod is causing the problem: KerbetrotterTools.dll. You need to copy it into: GameData\KerbetrotterLtd\000_KerbetrotterTools\Plugins
It also has a (hacky) workaround for the bug but it would be better to find out which mod is causing the problem. Can you send me the KSP.log from this plugin? 

here you go kind sir!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/23tskjz9pmm4s8z/KSP.log?dl=0

46 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

Thanks. Found the mod that is causing the problems: Pathfinder. It adds a 'WBIPartScrapper'  to each and very part. It seems that ModuleManager adds this module way after the modules of FUR and therefore messes with the indices of modules. Already know how this can be fixed. Will be done in the next update.

Edited by Nils277

15 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

@Angel-125 heres something interesting for you!
@Nils277 thanks for your help and the workaround for the moment

It is not really the fault of Pathfinder or @Angel-125. I erroneously assumed that the order of the list of modules in the config node does always resemble the order of the modules of the part, bescause they are loaded in the that order. This does not always seem to be the case.

Edited by Nils277

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

It is not really the fault of Pathfinder or @Angel-125. I erroneously assumed that the order of the list of modules in the config node does always resemble the order of the modules of the part, bescause they are loaded in the that order. This does not always seem to be the case.

WBI PartScrapper comes from Pathfinder. I’ll make sure that the MM patch isn’t doing something dumb. Please hollar if you need some help as well. :)

Here's the MM patch in question, it comes from MM_Skills:

@PART[*]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]:HAS[!MODULE[KerbalEVA],!MODULE[ModuleAsteroid]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = WBIPartScrapper

//Skill required to scrap parts
		scrapSkill = RepairSkill

//Minimum skill level required to recycle an individual part
		minimumPartRecycleSkill = 2

//Minimum skill level required to recycle an entire vessel
		minimumVesselRecycleSkill = 4

//What resource to give back when scrapping the part
		recycleResource = Equipment

//How much per crew skill to give back
		recyclePercentPerSkill = 10
	}
}

40 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Here's the MM patch in question, it comes from MM_Skills:

@PART[*]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]:HAS[!MODULE[KerbalEVA],!MODULE[ModuleAsteroid]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = WBIPartScrapper

//Skill required to scrap parts
		scrapSkill = RepairSkill

//Minimum skill level required to recycle an individual part
		minimumPartRecycleSkill = 2

//Minimum skill level required to recycle an entire vessel
		minimumVesselRecycleSkill = 4

//What resource to give back when scrapping the part
		recycleResource = Equipment

//How much per crew skill to give back
		recyclePercentPerSkill = 10
	}
}

Thanks. I can't see anything wrong with it. Also tried to use the modules when pathfinder is installed and it all works as it should.

But there is something really interesting in the log that most probably causes the problem:

[ERR 10:45:25.855] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'WBIPartScrapper'

This means that the Config-Node for the WBIPartScrapper does exist but cannot be loaded as a module in the part. Which causes subsequent modules to have a mismatch between their module index in the part and the index of their Config-Node.
The reason for this in turn is because the Pathfinder.dll is not loaded. (It does not appear as a loaded plugin but also does not seem to cause an error)

Therefore: @Space Kadet you should try to install the latest version of Pathfinder because its plugin does either not exist or cannot be loaded because of some version problems. This should fix your problem.

PS. it also seems that you have the "WildBlueTools.dll" installed two times. This can also cause some bad problems 

Edited by Nils277

50 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Thanks. I can't see anything wrong with it. Also tried to use the modules when pathfinder is installed and it all works as it should.

But there is something really interesting in the log that most probably causes the problem:

This means that the Config-Node for the WBIPartScrapper does exist but cannot be loaded as a module in the part. Which causes subsequent modules to have a mismatch between their module index in the part and the index of their Config-Node.
The reason for this in turn is because the Pathfinder.dll is not loaded. (It does not appear as a loaded plugin but also does not seem to cause an error)

Therefore: @Space Kadet you should try to install the latest version of Pathfinder because its plugin does either not exist or cannot be loaded because of some version problems. This should fix your problem.

PS. it also seems that you have the "WildBlueTools.dll" installed two times. This can also cause some bad problems 

That might also explain the problems @SpaceKadet has with DSEV's Homestead inflatable part.. Thanks for the analysis, @Nils277! :)

10 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Support for WindowShine was added natively with update 1.0.2. :wink: 

That was quick, but you really didn't have to go back in time to comply with my request!

:wink:

However, I'm still screwed for a bit, since I'm holding off updating to 1.3.1 until everybody on my eternally expanding mod list gets caught up too...

21 minutes ago, Mandella said:

That was quick, but you really didn't have to go back in time to comply with my request!

:wink:

However, I'm still screwed for a bit, since I'm holding off updating to 1.3.1 until everybody on my eternally expanding mod list gets caught up too...

You are not screwed. FUR should be fully compatible with both KSP 1.3.0 and 1.3.1.  :wink: 

Edited by Nils277

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

That might also explain the problems @SpaceKadet has with DSEV's Homestead inflatable part.. Thanks for the analysis, @Nils277! :)

thats brilliant, and yes i was window licking spethal, and had installed hizenberg wrong (out the wildblue folder into the wild blue folder. immeadatly fixed the issue.

@Angel-125 no luck with the inflatable modual still but im gonna reup everything again just incase ive missed summot else.

@Nils227 i owe you a beer, thanks man!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

fixed, seems i downloaded from github and something went awry, on re-downloading from spacedock all my problems have vanished, thanks again.

now im off to bed to wallow in my nooblike shame.....

Edited by Space Kadet

6 hours ago, Skywalket said:

I'm having trouble. I am running it on 1.3.0. Here's my log: LOG

What kind of troube do you have?

You did not post a link to the log. The text is blue and underlined but does not point to a log file.

6 hours ago, Nils277 said:

What kind of troube do you have?

You did not post a link to the log. The text is blue and underlined but does not point to a log file.

Oh. Sorry. I guess it didn't work. Anyway, my troubles are that none of the rover parts are showing up in the parts menu. I see the parts on the loading bar, but only before the patches. I think that may be where my problems are.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.