[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

8 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Honestly, I don't see that as a problem, personally - this is a field lab built into a rover, not a real full lab.  It's biggest use to me is making it easier to reset experiments as I go from biome to biome.

I can agree. Just trying to use Rover as a Spaceship. ;) Not convenient.

10 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I think the Squad drills are getting all the resources from OSE.  Nothing else installed?  My suspicion is that something's just patching dirt into every drill.

Just re-looked my mod list for any resource mods. OSE demanded "Community Resource Pack" to be installed. Do not know what it does really.

4 minutes ago, Sebra said:

Just re-looked my mod list for any resource mods. OSE demanded "Community Resource Pack" to be installed. Do not know what it does really.

It's just a list of resource definitions, so there can be a central source and not have dozens of mods all trying to create their own.  It makes no changes to parts.

I suspect OSE is adding the dirt as well if that's all you have, though I was thinking that's mostly a USI resource.

3 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I suspect OSE is adding the dirt as well if that's all you have, though I was thinking that's mostly a USI resource.

OSE is indeed adding Dirt, ExoticMinerals and RareMetals to stock scanners and drills.

Check GameData/Workshop/MM_Patches/MM_Workshop.cfg line 27ff.

1 hour ago, Sebra said:

USI not installed. Should I uninstall OSE to test?

If you're interested, in general the easiest way to test for this type of thing is to check the Module Manager logs, which should be in their own folder in your 'logs' folder.  Find the internal name of the part, and then search through the logs to see what patches were applied to it.

53 minutes ago, Madmax said:

OSE is indeed adding Dirt, ExoticMinerals and RareMetals to stock scanners and drills.

That is a good reason to allow Rear Drill to harvest those resources too. Build time selector is not convenient to use.

And yes. Scanners got many resources to scan. Surface scanner even got many unused resourced.

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

If you're interested, in general the easiest way to test for this type of thing is to check the Module Manager logs, which should be in their own folder in your 'logs' folder.  Find the internal name of the part, and then search through the logs to see what patches were applied to it.

I do not know this structure yet. Thanks.

Really, the main takeaway for all this is that *as supplied by this mod* the drill and the converter in this mod only handle Ore.  Any other resources they can work with are being handled by patches in other mods.

If what's being added in that way is unbalanced, it may make sense to add a specific patch to this mod to support those mods, or to talk to the authors of those mods to tailor their patches in how they affect this mod.  Either way, the more explicit you can make what change you think should be done (with the most explicit being you providing the actual MM patch yourself) the more likely the change is to make it into the relevant mod.  ;) 

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

Really, the main takeaway for all this is that *as supplied by this mod* the drill and the converter in this mod only handle Ore. 

Nils277 added Dirt resource to his Drill, but not converter. I think it is not good. But it is up to him how to resolve this (if). I would not demand.

I do not play MKS and cannot imagine reason for dirt drill on rover. Maybe someone need to search for dirt for his greenhouse far from base. Who knows.

9 minutes ago, Sebra said:

Also:

Nudge engine still do not count for dV value. Stage on/off seems do nothing.

Limitation in the dV stock calculator - since the part has both an engine and a decoupler, it assumes the engine detaches before it fires.

KER gets it correctly, from what I've seen.

16 hours ago, Sebra said:

I would like to have it as pictures at least. To remind.

Will add images to the OP when i get some time

Laboratory still cannot upgrade Kerbals,

This is an intended behaviour. The laboratory should be a bit inferior to the Stock one because it is smaller and leighter.

Rear drill can be built for Ore or Dirt. But Convert-o-tron cannot use Dirt. Why? Why should I build dirt drill on rover, where I cannot use it? At least allow to change drill mode on field. It has both stats already. (I was surprized Squad Drills both can get Ore, Dirt, ExM, RareM for some reason. OSE Workshop and KBPS installed.)

Service modules spam console message if mouse over.

Thanks.

Seems that the conversion for OSE Workshop are not added to the ISRU. Will add some (reasonable) converters to it.

Service modules spam console message if mouse over.

Will have a look at this

7 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Will add images to the OP when i get some time

Thanks. I tried to use both bellow and other link.  Tweaks barely change behaviour. Turned over each time.

This is an intended behaviour. The laboratory should be a bit inferior to the Stock one because it is smaller and leighter.

Yes, I remember. Just miss this ability in any rover part. Pasenger cabin may be? It has Kerbin link screen. I know there is upgrader in KBPS.

Seems that the conversion for OSE Workshop are not added to the ISRU. Will add some (reasonable) converters to it.

Thanks again. Hope rear drill would have own advantages over junior also. I know about one. %)

Hi, Nils277!

Just installed ExceptionDetectorUpdated mod and in it's log found:

*EDU*    Load(Model): KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Assets/Parts/Skid--> WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
*EDU*    Load(Model): KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Assets/Parts/Wheel--> WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
*EDU*    Load(Model): KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Assets/Parts/Wheel_LowProfile--> WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
*EDU*    Load(Model): PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Wheels/LandingGear--> WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
*EDU*    Load(Model): PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Wheels/LandingLeg--> WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
*EDU*    Load(Model): PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Wheels/LandingLeg2--> WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
*EDU*    Load(Model): Squad/Parts/Utility/landingLegLT-5/model--> WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

It seems Squad also have this error or EDU mod had false alarms.

I hope you know better than me.

Best wishes and be healthy!

4 hours ago, Rocket Witch said:

@Sebra Make .txt file wherever you want in GameData.

Thanks. I know it. I did not decide yet which part would I add it to. (hope this is right sentence)

Rocket and Witch... rarely together ;)

Best wishes, be healthy.

On 10/23/2019 at 3:31 PM, Grigetio said:

Edit2: Found(?) the culprit at the bottom of the post.

Edit: More Debug info at bottom of post.

Replying to my earlier post regarding the log spam. I am running 1.7.3, 200+ mods, so not sure what is causing it, but the relevant section is below. Pretty sure it's due to another mod's interaction. I'm not looking at you to dig into it. With the release of 1.8 I have VS fired up and am in full debug mod. Relevant log below. The exception at the end just keeps spamming the log file. I have some possible culprits in mind but don't want to go around naming names prematurely.

---------------------------

[LOG 20:17:26.569] PartLoader: Part 'KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Payload/ServiceBay/Lynx_ServiceBay' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 20:17:26.581] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'Lynx.ServiceBay'
[LOG 20:17:26.638] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Resources/Drill_rear/Lynx_DrillRear'
[LOG 20:17:26.687] enabling TSMD..model (UnityEngine.Transform) updateMode: False
[ERR 20:17:26.687] Material doesn't have a texture property '_Emissive'

[LOG 20:17:26.687] enabling TSMD..model (UnityEngine.Transform) updateMode: False
[LOG 20:17:26.688] enabling TSMD..model (UnityEngine.Transform) updateMode: False
[LOG 20:17:26.688] enabling TSMD..model (UnityEngine.Transform) updateMode: False
[LOG 20:17:26.689] enabling TSMD..model (UnityEngine.Transform) updateMode: False
[ERR 20:17:26.689] Material doesn't have a texture property '_BumpMap'

[EXC 20:17:26.704] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PartModule.Awake ()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    Part:AddModule(String, Boolean)
    Part:AddModule(ConfigNode, Boolean)
    PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)
    <CompileParts>c__Iterator1:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[ERR 20:17:26.704] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartModule.ApplyUpgradeNode (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 appliedUps, .ConfigNode node, Boolean doLoad) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node, Boolean forceAwake) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[ERR 20:17:26.704] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 20:17:26.704] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Resources/ISRU/Lynx_ISRU'
[LOG 20:17:26.757] enabling TSMD..model (UnityEngine.Transform) updateMode: False
[ERR 20:17:26.757] Material doesn't have a texture property '_Emissive'

[LOG 20:17:26.757] enabling TSMD..model (UnityEngine.Transform) updateMode: False
[LOG 20:17:26.758] enabling TSMD..model (UnityEngine.Transform) updateMode: False
[ERR 20:17:26.758] Material doesn't have a texture property '_Emissive'

[LOG 20:17:26.758] enabling TSMD..model (UnityEngine.Transform) updateMode: False
[LOG 20:17:26.759] enabling TSMD..model (UnityEngine.Transform) updateMode: False
[LOG 20:17:26.801] PartLoader: Part 'KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Resources/ISRU/Lynx_ISRU' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 20:17:26.815] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'Lynx.ISRU'
[EXC 20:17:26.835] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p)
    PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName)
    DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p)
    Part+<Start>c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[EXC 20:17:26.880] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbetrotterTools.ModuleKerbetrotterMultiLight.updateLights (Single state)
    KerbetrotterTools.ModuleKerbetrotterMultiLight.Update ()
[EXC 20:17:26.923] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 20:17:26.944] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Edit: Debug build info.

[EXC 21:02:30.412] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbetrotterTools.ModuleKerbetrotterMultiLight.updateLights (Single state) (at F:/Modding/ksp/Unowned/FelineUtilityRovers-master/FelineUtilityRovers/Sources/Plugin/KerbetrotterTools/Misc/Visual/ModuleKerbetrotterMultiLight.cs:147)
    KerbetrotterTools.ModuleKerbetrotterMultiLight.Update () (at F:/Modding/ksp/Unowned/FelineUtilityRovers-master/FelineUtilityRovers/Sources/Plugin/KerbetrotterTools/Misc/Visual/ModuleKerbetrotterMultiLight.cs:60)

--------------

-- lightSettings is null for some reason

private void updateLights(float state)
        {
            //when the active model changes
            if (oldModelNum != numModel)
            {
                for (int i = 0; i < lightSettings.Count; i++)
                {
                    if (i == numModel)
                    {

-------------------

Edit2: Getting closer.

[LOG 22:13:10.762] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Control/Cockpit/Lynx_Cockpit'
[LOG 22:13:10.833] FailureModule.OnLoad
[LOG 22:13:10.837] FailureModule.OnLoad
[EXC 22:13:10.845] UnityException: get_dataPath is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor (or instance field initializer), call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from MonoBehaviour 'ModuleCrewIndicatorToggle' on game object 'K2Pod'.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
    KSP.IO.IOUtils.get_PluginRootPath ()
    KSP.IO.IOUtils.GetFilePathFor (System.Type T, System.String file, .Vessel flight)
    KSP.IO.PluginConfiguration.CreateForType[ModuleControllableEmissive] (.Vessel flight)
    IndicatorLights.Configuration..cctor ()

Did you ever find what was causing the conflict? I've got the same issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! 
I would like to ask info about a small bug that happened to me recently.
It happens for Every part of FUR v 1.2.9 on KSP 1.61 in the VAB/SPH:
Once selected a part from FUR the VAB/SPH "freeze" you can't add new part, exit the structure, save or launch the craft (the icons are actually darkened) you can load another craft and the VAB/SPH goes back to be usable BUT you still cannot select any FUR part..
I'm looking on the log for any data but i'm not even sure what to look for 

It happened on a Heavily Modded Game (165+ mod) and i'm pretty sure is a conflict with some module..
So now i'm starting the tedious process of screening for which one it is..
From a clean install..
i'm sure i'm gonna find the conflict even if i have to test every mod at a time.. but is gonna take some time...

I know is not a lot of details but it bugs me ( pun intended xD ) that is EVERY part from this fantastic mod and does not affect any other part mod (not even KPBS!) so if it ring a bell for someone any help would be appreciated..

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nils277,

I have some suggestions for "new parts":

• a mobile Ground Construction (Global Construction) workspace, maybe based on the lab module
  • a material kits container (config), maybe based on the ore module
  • add the ability to manufacture material kits to the rover ISRU?

Reason is that i plan/have a very wide ground base in mind, wider than the 300m restriction of Global Construction. I would haul the DIY kits to the construktion side and want to build them there with a rover based workshop.

I could build a rover with this capability by using the workshop and tank from your Planetary Base Mod, but this looks so ugly.

Maybe you find this idea cool/good enough.

Sincerely yours Thorsten

8 hours ago, technikadonis said:

Hi Nils277,

I have some suggestions for "new parts":

• a mobile Ground Construction (Global Construction) workspace, maybe based on the lab module
  • a material kits container (config), maybe based on the ore module
  • add the ability to manufacture material kits to the rover ISRU?

Reason is that i plan/have a very wide ground base in mind, wider than the 300m restriction of Global Construction. I would haul the DIY kits to the construktion side and want to build them there with a rover based workshop.

I could build a rover with this capability by using the workshop and tank from your Planetary Base Mod, but this looks so ugly.

Maybe you find this idea cool/good enough.

Sincerely yours Thorsten

Hiya Nils, I would agree with technik here in that a mobile GC part would be dandy. I'd probably suggest though, in keeping with allista's concept for GC that available space per kerbal in the workshop dictates their efficiency/productivity, I'd probably disagree with using the lab module as a workspace (else it'd have to be limited to two engineers only), but maybe make the module expandable like the KPBS Mk2 Habitat/Greenhouse/Lab, and/or similar to camper vans and trailers that unpack/expand for use, so that at least it contains the same total volume as the KPBS GC workshop. 

I'd however state, technik, that, while the GC workshop is quite mismatched to the FUR profile, with some creativity in offsetting, a few additional mods, and by rethinking about the architecture of your Mobile Construction Vehicle (we're going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world [Frank Klepacki intensifies]) it can even look somewhat decent. If I may suggest?

wP0mw6U.png

x3U5zvf.png

The idea here is that the MCV is the workshop and batteries only (as well as living quarters modeled in using the crew cabin, especially for life support purposes), while Matkits are brought down in disposable USI containers to the construction site by skycranes, and hooked up using KAS. So you wouldn't have to worry about Matkit tankage onboard the MCV, especially if you're constructing something a very wide ground base that is past the 300m limit of GC (wait, there's a limit? Or are we talking about distance of workshop from kit-efficiency of construction here?), if you can bring the Matkits in separately and dispose of the tanks afterwards when there's no further need of them. For a FUR-profile resource tank to hold the Matkits needed while still being reasonably within the size profile (e.g., a FUR fuel tank), and have enough kits to construct a megabase (like a hundred thousand Matkits) you'd be towing a lot of trailers, that it'd be more parts and space-efficient to just use the largest tanks you can get out of USI/NearFuture/Configurable Containers (instead of the rover tanks from FUR/Buffalo or Bison, for example) and bring them in separately. Not even the basic GC Mobile Workshop can hold that much Matkits for what I think you're trying to suggest, even if all the internal tanks were converted to Matkits. Trust me: back in 1.4, a Minmus megabase I built required THREE of the 3.5m USI Matkit Kontainers (the one that look like shipping containers, not the circular one like up above there), and I picked the 3.5m profile only because making a skycrane for the 5m profile Kontainer was a nightmare. And I think I had required two KPBS GC workshops so I could get it done fast (as in a week's work).  

Not that I'm disagreeing with your petition to Nils to include a FUR GC workshop, Nils, he does have a point there. But in order to keep to allista's space-use philosophy while giving the FUR GC workshop the same efficiency as its KPBS counterpart, we'd have to either reduce the number of kerbals inside, or make it an expandable campervan to match the KPBS GC's internal volume. And admittedly, I haven't even thought of the possibility that GC isn't programmed to take into account expandable parts, unless it is possible to establish the efficiency of a part independently of any formula? 

EDIT: also a good idea to include Matkit production in FUR's ISRU (I can't recall right now if FUR has a drill and ISRU, but if it does, then yes, KPBS already has a setup made for OSE after all I think?). Alternatively, technik, you can ModuleManager patch it into the appropriate FUR part with the appropriate module provided in GC's config files that plug the functionality into the Squad ISRU, you'll just have to get the ratios between the Squad ISRU and FUR ISRU right to make sure it isn't too OP. I know I did one for the Mining Expansion's S3 ISRU, but I cannot locate that patch anymore (and I think the functionality was already patched in by suicidalinsanity in the MEx mod, so I didn't have to anymore nowadays).

Edited by B-STRK

Hi B-STRK,

your idea of an expandable workshop is nice! Regarding to the tanks, your right when you consindering delivery to the construction side, wrong when your using the ISRU on location.

Your design looks nice. Maybe we just need some kind of adapter between FUR and KPBS profiles that (for better look) and a way to get the wheels under the KPBS without to much fiddeling.

I am getting the same logspam in my 1.8 game: 

[EXC 07:16:34.523] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KerbetrotterTools.ModuleKerbetrotterMultiLight.updateLights (System.Single state) (at <98708cd0b1b64b7aa836b8d11a08f9cd>:0)
	KerbetrotterTools.ModuleKerbetrotterMultiLight.Update () (at <98708cd0b1b64b7aa836b8d11a08f9cd>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	KSPe.Util.Log.UnityLogDecorator:UnityEngine.ILogHandler.LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

After the rover and the tools plugin is loaded, every part that is loaded afterwards get this error. I wasn't noticing this in windows, but in linux this spamming really slows down the game loading. 

Logs here: https://yadi.sk/d/nDjmWlHyXxQbKQ

@Grigetio did you find any other mod interaction?

The Kerbetrotter contracts keep vanishing after I accepted them, activating the next contract available in the series when I get back to mission complex

Edit: they seem to be in conflict with the stock missions because they always show up together with a similar mission type. e.g. Explore the the mun offered by kerbetrotter and Exploration

Edited by Poldi

On 6/11/2020 at 11:47 AM, technikadonis said:

Hi B-STRK,

your idea of an expandable workshop is nice! Regarding to the tanks, your right when you consindering delivery to the construction side, wrong when your using the ISRU on location.

Your design looks nice. Maybe we just need some kind of adapter between FUR and KPBS profiles that (for better look) and a way to get the wheels under the KPBS without to much fiddeling.

A fairly good way of getting wheels under the KPBS modules is to connect things via the stack nodes on the base modules, and use a FUR flatbed piece on the node underneath as a wheel attachment point. As for material kits storage, I think it may be in conjunction with USI mods, but the Lynx does have configurable storage containers that includes MaterialKits (1700 resources) that is indeed based off the ore container. I do however agree that I would love to see a FUR workshop module (partly because Nils makes great IVAs), or some KPBS-FUR adaptors. Also looking forward to the Lynx crew cabin being a viable USI-LS habitat again. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.