[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

16 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

As @TheRagingIrishman said, it might be a mod that is supported by FUR but not yet upated to KSP 1.3.0. Can you also send me the KSP.log file from the main folder of KSP? I can make more sense of the problems from that file most of the time. 

Actually, after a few other crashes, I just cleared everything and started reinstalling one by one. Now it boots up fine with FUR, so it's has to be something further down the list.

I'll let you know if I discover a weird interaction, but at this point I've only got 6 left and I'm pretty sure they're all stable.

Might just have been trying to load up too many mods at once for the first time.

Edit: Yep. Boots up just fine, now. No clue what happened earlier. Sorry to be a bother.

Edited by Odentin

On 17.6.2017 at 0:39 AM, Rafael acevedo said:

Nils

have anyone reported getting inoperable message on the accordion joint. Built  a rover in the vab.  if I right click I get the standard locked, unlocked dialog switch. Press the launch button , and when the vehicle appears on launchpad and I right clickcl on the joint just reads inoperable.

rafael

****************************** Self Corrected with a restart*****************************

Will let you know if it happens again

Hmm, the inoperable state is something that is only reached when something really goes horribly wrong and is acutally the worst case scenario. Might be that something in the loading sequence changed and there is a chance that some of the parts of the vessel are not loaded when the module is initialized. 

30 minutes ago, Odentin said:

Actually, after a few other crashes, I just cleared everything and started reinstalling one by one. Now it boots up fine with FUR, so it's has to be something further down the list.

I'll let you know if I discover a weird interaction, but at this point I've only got 6 left and I'm pretty sure they're all stable.

Might just have been trying to load up too many mods at once for the first time.

Edit: Yep. Boots up just fine, now. No clue what happened earlier. Sorry to be a bother.

It might just be that there was one mod where the folder structure changed and there was still an old plugin left that was not replaced. Also had such a change in KPBS some time ago which caused some confusion. Thats why i recommend to remove the old folder of the mod before installing an update :wink: 

Edited by Nils277

7 hours ago, Nils277 said:

It might just be that there was one mod where the folder structure changed and there was still an old plugin left that was not replaced. Also had such a change in KPBS some time ago which caused some confusion. Thats why i recommend to remove the old folder of the mod before installing an update :wink: 

This was all on a fresh install from the start, which was what threw me so hard.

Regardless, it seems to have resolved itself. Thanks for your time, sorry it came of naught.

And thanks for the mod. I love these rovers.

On 6/19/2017 at 3:10 AM, Nils277 said:

Hmm, the inoperable state is something that is only reached when something really goes horribly wrong and is acutally the worst case scenario. Might be that something in the loading sequence changed and there is a chance that some of the parts of the vessel are not loaded when the module is initialized. 

It started again pretty much intermittent will attempt to capture log files

21 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

It started again pretty much intermittent will attempt to capture log files

Hmm, that is bad. Can you download this plugin file: KerbetrotterTools.dll and put it in the KerbetrotterLtd/000_KerbetrotterTools/Plugins folder? It logs all the cases that can cause this. This might help finding the reason.

Do you encounter this bug only with one and the same vehicle or also with others?

Edited by Nils277

It looks like a great mod, however I seem to be having trouble with it. I've installed it, however, it doesn't appear, none of the parts and such. For what it's worth, the KSPedia entry appears, but nothing else. I also have Mechjeb 2.0 and stagerecovery along with airplanesplus installed on my game, and they work fine.

update: I read the bug thing, and i am using windows 10, through steam, and i have found the log file, but i am not sure how to attach it to here.

Edited by Jace_malcom
update

38 minutes ago, Jace_malcom said:

It looks like a great mod, however I seem to be having trouble with it. I've installed it, however, it doesn't appear, none of the parts and such. For what it's worth, the KSPedia entry appears, but nothing else. I also have Mechjeb 2.0 and stagerecovery along with airplanesplus installed on my game, and they work fine.

update: I read the bug thing, and i am using windows 10, through steam, and i have found the log file, but i am not sure how to attach it to here.

I think this bug is a quite common one. It is most likely because the mod is not installed into the right directory. It MUST look like this Kerbal Space Program /GameData/KerbetrotterLtd.

It won't work if you have something like Kerbal Space Program/GameData/GameData/KerbetrotterLtd or Kerbal Space Program/KerbetrotterLtd or Kerbal Space Program/GameData/FelineUtilityRover

Edited by Nils277

4 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

I think this bug is a quite common one. It is most likely because the mod installed into the right direction. It MUST look like this Kerbal Space Program /GameData/KerbetrotterLtd.

It won't work if you have something like Kerbal Space Program/GameData/GameData/KerbetrotterLtd or Kerbal Space Program/KerbetrotterLtd or Kerbal Space Program/GameData/FelineUtilityRover

that fixed it. Thank you so much.

10 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, that is bad. Can you download this plugin file: KerbetrotterTools.dll and put it in the KerbetrotterLtd/000_KerbetrotterTools/Plugins folder? It logs all the cases that can cause this. This might help finding the reason.

Do you encounter this bug only with one and the same vehicle or also with others?

I will download plug in and let you know.  Bug appears only on one vehicle (only one I have in current game).  Again a game full restart solved the issue.  However I did capture the ksp log. before rebooting and will post on dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/200btbn6mok0s1q/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Rafael acevedo

19 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

I will download plug in and let you know.  Bug appears only on one vehicle (only one I have in current game).  Again a game full restart solved the issue.  However I did capture the ksp log. before rebooting and will post on dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/200btbn6mok0s1q/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks. Can you post the KSP.log file for the run with the modified dll? This file is more informative for me most of the time.

Two things are already guessed. A new cab (no worries @Starwaster the other cab will remain :wink:) and legs that can be attached underneath the the rover.
The third is some kind of small service bay. Landing thrusters are on the way too, but will look differently.

Sooo, i'm currently trying to find a good part with thrusters for the Lynx and have 4 options at hand. The problem is, that i'm not completely happy with any of them.

So to make it short it is your decision which idea should make it into the mod.

Here are the four concepts:
BlzA4G1.png

So, which one si your favorite?

I'd personally go with 1 or 3 but the two other options also have their benefits.

Edited by Nils277

15 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Sooo, i'm currently trying to find a good part with thrusters for the Lynx and have 4 options at hand. The problem is, that i'm not completely happy with any of them.

I'd personally go with 1 or 3 but the two other options also have their benefits.

I like #3 best. 1 and 2 are right out, IMO, due to not being two discrete engines. That would be problematic because I rely on MechJeb's differential throttling which in turn requires separate engines to throttle. (see my lander above; it has four independently placed engines and MJ can throttle them independently to make up for center of mass issues and for steering purposes. If your engines can also be independently mounted then it makes it easy to deal with off balance CoM)

So, selfishly, I prefer 3. 4 looks like it could work too.

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

BlzA4G1.png

1 and 3 get my vote

5 hours ago, Nils277 said:

BlzA4G1.png

Vote for 3 and 4

3 for rovers that will keep the ability to use the thrusters. 4 is for landing the rovers and ejecting the engines once it has landed.

Edited by FellipeC
Spelling

Additionally to my previous  vote (for 3 and 4).

Concepts 1 and 2 looks like they cannot be walked through.

Concept 3 looks like douse is too short.

Concept 4 looks like it need self decoupler.

Also I think absence of own fuel is better for the balance reasons.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.