[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

HYWMzVh.png

De1xAAr.png

Kerbetrotter Ltd. is happy to announce its newest creation from the Feline Utility Rover series: The Lynx Rover.
A medium sized versatile rover that is capable to operate independently in the harshest environments. It is mainly
designed to operate on other planets, but also in the outback of Kerbin.
Depending on your configuration it can be used for crew transport, mobile research including a laboratory or as a
transport for various resources. You can also use bellowed joints to be more flexible in difficult terrain or use hover
engines to pass water. It now also includes a small propeller for when the rover is swimming.

O762Vfm.png

Features

Joints and Hitches
SCRvDGp.png
Hover Engines
3964qdW.png
IVAs in all crewed parts
9PlNz1W.png
Custom Wheels
jSagDaW.png
Fits in MK3 Cargo Bay
LwO6Sua.png
Configurable Containers
CBojhtB.png

O762Vfm.png

Galleries

GLoSHTT.png NALenYi.png

O762Vfm.png

Download

Please remove the folder of older versions of this Mod before installing!

oYvtZpW.png UVVt0OP.png lMOxt2k.png

zizG9k3.png

The source code is available on GitHub
O762Vfm.png

Instructions

For instructions on how to use the hitches and joints, please take a look at the KSPedia entry of Feline Utility Rovers

The Hitches and Joints are locked by default when you first launch your vessel. You have to click "Unlock" in the
right-click menu to unlock them.

The Hover Engines can be controlled with the controls for the Wheels to accelerate and steer. Lateral movement and 
height changes can be made with the controls for RCS. Please also visit the KSPedia for more information.

O762Vfm.png

Translations

Español by @bice

Русский by @Tirathangil and @Sebra

中国语文 by @ssd21345, @vosskftw and @Levin845

Português (do Brasil) by @FellipeC

Deutsch by @DasSkelett and @Nils277

Italiano by @Simog

Français by @Mortimer Kerman

Looking for help:

If anyone is interested to translate FUR into Japanese please let me know!
You can find all the texts that need translation here: Localizable Texts.

O762Vfm.png

Supported Mods (most mods need ModuleManager to work properly)

Life Support:
TAC-LS, USI-LS, Snacks!KerbalismIFI Life Support

Gameplay:
KISKeepFitRemoteTech, Connected Living Space, Pathfinder, Realfuels, Indicator LightsCommunity Tech Tree

Visual:
JSI Advanced Transparend Pods, Raster Prop Monitor, ASET Props, Textures Unlimited

Supports resources from:
OSE Workshop, Extraplanetary Launchpads, MKS, Deepfreeze, Near Future Propulsion, Near Future Electrical

O762Vfm.png

Support and bug reports

If you encounter a bug with Feline Utility Rovers, please follow these instructions to report it.
Most important: I need the KSP.log FILE. Otherwise i won't be able to help!

O762Vfm.png

License

The art assets are licensed under: CC-BY-NC
The plugin code is licensed under: Apache License 2.0

O762Vfm.png

Thanks

@sirkut and @Ziw for Infernal Robotics, which was used as reference/learning source for the functionality of the hitch.
Also thanks to @Snjo for the Firespitter mod. The Fuel-Switch is based on the one from Firespitter.

Last but not least thanks to @Rafael acevedo for testing and suggestions during the development.

Edited by Nils277
Update to version 1.3.4

22 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Wow. This looks amazingly similar to RoverDude's Malemute Rover. I'm insanely curious as to how well these 2 rovers would work together. Either way, I'm downloading and trying it out. :) 

I think that's the case because the both mods used the rover from the last days on mars as inspiration. :wink:  RoverDudes version is way closer to the original though.
I have posted an image of the cockpit long before the MaleMute was released but unfortunately deleted the image while cleaning up my Imgur account :rolleyes: 

I don't think that you can combine the parts of both rovers seamlessly. They have quite a differend formfactor.

Edited by Nils277

43 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

I think that's the case because the both mods used the rover from the last days on mars as inspiration. :wink:  RoverDudes version is way closer to the original though.
I have posted an image of the cockpit long before the MaleMute was released but unfortunately deleted the image while cleaning up my Imgur account :rolleyes: 

I don't think that you can combine the parts of both rovers seamlessly. They have quite a differend formfactor.

True, I didn't mean work together as in, combine parts, I meant how useful it would be to use both rovers in a career game, as in can I find a specific use for each one, or will they both behave and or have the same usage, and thus only serve as a cosmetic difference between the 2 rovers.

30 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

@vardicd I guess at the moment there is nothing that the Lynx Rover can do but Malemute can't. In fact when you use MKS, then the Malemute is of more use for you because MKS is not yet supported by this mod.

I'm not so sure.  That cargo bay looks much more useful than the Malemute's - and the Malemute doen't really havy any special MKS integration.  (It's considered USI's 'small' rover, so it doesn't have habitation or anything.  The science lab is a low-quality recycler, and the storage bays can hold MKS resources, but that's it.)

10 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I'm not so sure.  That cargo bay looks much more useful than the Malemute's - and the Malemute doen't really havy any special MKS integration.  (It's considered USI's 'small' rover, so it doesn't have habitation or anything.  The science lab is a low-quality recycler, and the storage bays can hold MKS resources, but that's it.)

Yeah, the resource for MKS are the only thing i considered as support for MKS. :D 

here are some of the rovers, boats, and planes built during testing. Unless noted These were built using a stock plus install the plus included following feline utility rover, KPBS,tweakscale,kis/kas,usi-ls,kJR,ampyear, scansat, and mechjeb.

Rover, cranes, and cargo.

qW8UMss.jpg

Inside hangar in preparation for launch

VqsQteo.jpg

Rover and cargo rover on minmus, hangar open

LyVK4gW.jpg

Crane with only 3 mods in use kis, kas and feline rover monopropellant tanks on arms serve as ballast

kMKziJg.jpg

Flatbed cargo with only 3 mods kis, kas and feline rover

mxkeTBO.jpg

HKNccTw.jpg

Ok minmus with a super modded install ( over 40)

Planes

jGiY4gQ.jpg

boats

UAj81aB.jpg

hope you all like them

Edited by Rafael acevedo

2 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Will this work with 1.2.1 since its a part mod? (all supported mods I have the correct version of them for my version of game btw).

It should but I can't guarantee it because I haven't tested it with 1.2.1.

The code for the flexible parts is a bit more complex. But as said, it should work. Let me know if it doesn't. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.