[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

2 minutes ago, Sebra said:

@diegojsrw, have you seen Docking Module, I suggested?

Do you understand this is a Rover mod?

Try KPBS mod. It's corridors are beautiful.

Yeah, I did see the Docking Module, actually it kind of works as "T joint" of my suggestion list.
However, it doesn't have any attachment on the bottom, only on the roof, as mentioned earlier.

And I do understand this is a rover mod, but rovers does not necessarily need to be one-floored, IMHO.

Also, thanks for the mod suggestion, I'll try it, and as far as I can see on the screenshots, it's also an awesome mod :)

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

We seem to have a small problem under 1.4.2...

http://magehandbook.com/owncloud/index.php/s/oqWlZdA1sBK4ryw

Pretty, but a bit odd.  :wink:  (The problem appears to be related to the cabin lights, and also manifests - though not quite as strongly - with the rear airlock when it's cabin lights are on.)

Thought i fixed that before the release. 

In the image the crew cabin is highlighted but you say something about the airlock. Are both affected?

What do you mean with manifests?

Edited by Nils277

2 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Thought i fixed that before the release. 

In the image the crew cabin is highlighted but you say something about the airlock. Are both affected?

What do you mean with manifests?

'Manifests' - shows, demonstrates, appears, occurs.  I meant it was affected as well - though slightly differently.  (I apologize for not having a picture of it - I thought I took another screenshot, but apparently didn't.)  The airlock doesn't light up completely like the science lab - in it's case, all the piping and details light up.  It's actually not a bad look.  :wink:

6 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Using parts in ways they were never intended is the very epitome of Kerbal Space Program.

Ease up.

I particularly can't stand the cringe of making rovers with parts designated to be used in the vertical and in space stations/rockets, or bases with vertical cylinders when surface space is the last concern you have. The Nils277's mods brings me a lot of internal peace.

On 3/31/2018 at 11:02 AM, Sebra said:

2.Suggested to use mod, which has exactly what he need.

Although it worked, it doesn't seem like I expected: it's too curvy based on the FUR cabin:
24B6DE3BE95ABDAF314250F84A4B3F25C741DBB2
The docking module provides tee horizontal attachment, but won't provide vertical one like the screenshot above.

1 hour ago, diegojsrw said:

The docking module provides tee horizontal attachment, but won't provide vertical one like the screenshot above.

I used Docking module upside down without problem. Is it against your desire? (no offence) :wink:

Unlimited in any direction. Lowest module is laboratory. One Docking Module per line per floor used.

Still adding bottom node to Docking Module would be better. And hatches. And Interior. :P

4C6B03D1DAF27E152C9436785FABDA519486B0B2

P.S. Instead of double post.

@Nils277, is this visual artefacts known?

Alternative solution:

CE65C05B24E2E77445F19C1CC5BD4FA68D955D5F

Edited by Sebra

16 minutes ago, Sebra said:

I used Docking module upside down without problem. Is it against your desire? (no offence) :wink:

Unlimited in any direction. Lowest module is laboratory. One Docking Module per line per floor used.

Still adding bottom node to Docking Module would be better. And hatches. And Interior. :P

4C6B03D1DAF27E152C9436785FABDA519486B0B2

Yeah, this solution is the nearest to native (in other words, this solution uses only FUR parts, which is better IMO).
But it has some cons.
The first thing is that the clipping doesn't let room for any canisters to be put on the higher floors, let me demonstrate using your own screenshot:HeCoj4D.png

Although it can be circumvented using the offset tool.

Second issue is regarding the rotation on the even levels (second floor, fourth floor, etc), although it also can be circumvented, this time using the rotate tool.

Anyway, like you said, still adding bottom node to Docking Module would be really better. And hatches. And Interior. 
(Although it would be nicer if that "K&K Cross-way" from the other mod were ported into FUR shape)

@diegojsrw, I've seen mesh clipping and do not like it.

Using offset and rotation you can use two roof nodes of cabins and move one in desired position. What's problems?

K&K Corridors can be used (as in my PS of previous post) but do not fit theme of this mod: Rover.

Docking Module still the best corridor for rover.

@diegojsrw @Sebra will think about adding optional ports to the top and bottom of the docking module.

@Sebra the artifacts are already known. They appear when IVA overlay active on every part with specular highlighting; also on the stock parts. It depends on the intensity of specular lights. I already made a bug report in the tracker two weeks go for KSP 1.4.1.

@Electrocutor Will increate the specular of the windows a bit. Still i won't set it to 100% because this seems to remove the specular light reflection. Changing the specular map resolution to e.g. 256 or 512 does significantly improve the reflection.

6 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@Electrocutor Will increate the specular of the windows a bit. Still i won't set it to 100% because this seems to remove the specular light reflection. Changing the specular map resolution to e.g. 256 or 512 does significantly improve the reflection.

My preferred setting is 75% metallic and 90% gloss for glass, but you may have your own perspective on the matter.

On 3/31/2018 at 5:45 AM, diegojsrw said:

Yeah, I did see the Docking Module, actually it kind of works as "T joint" of my suggestion list.
However, it doesn't have any attachment on the bottom, only on the roof, as mentioned earlier.

And I do understand this is a rover mod, but rovers does not necessarily need to be one-floored, IMHO.

Also, thanks for the mod suggestion, I'll try it, and as far as I can see on the screenshots, it's also an awesome mod :)

You might also want to try the Bison parts from the Heisenberg Airship mod,

On 4/19/2017 at 12:49 PM, Angel-125 said:

I converted the remaining Bison hab/lab/garden modules to support office-style constructions:

UUmYGYD.png

7 hours ago, Supercheese said:

I've made a simple Pull Request to fix this issue: https://github.com/Nils277/FelineUtilityRovers/pull/36

Thanks, will be included in the next update

aaand there it is:

Update to 1.2.4 ~Ten Four~

Changelog:

Update:

• Recompile for KSP 1.4.2
  • Updated KSPModFileLocalizer to version 0.2.3.1

Enhancements:

• You can now enable vertical connetions ports on the docking bay

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed support for indicator lights from ISRU
  • Fixed cabin lights of rear airlock and mobile lab
  • Fixed some textures for Textures Unlimited support

Mod Support:

• Tweaked support for Textures Unlimited

Download:

oYvtZpW.pngUVVt0OP.pnglMOxt2k.png

Edited by Nils277

1 hour ago, m.kerman said:

I shove the whole FUR file into the GameData folder but I don't see any parts in the game? Help.

If you have put the file with the .zip ending into GameData it won't work. You have to put the folder called 'KerbetrotterLtd' that is inside the .zip folder into the GameData folder 

Edited by Nils277

16 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

If you have put the file with the .zip ending into GameData it won't work. You have to put the folder called 'KerbetrotterLtd' that is inside the .zip folder into the GameData folder 

Ohh! Thanks man. Can't wait to use these new parts!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.