[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

22 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Do you have windowshine installed as a mod per chance? Animated lights in the windows and windowshine are not compatible. Therefore the cabin lights are disabled/not working when windowshine is installed.

Might add one in the future.

Such a structural piece might be a good idea. Will put it on the list of parts to add.

This should not happen. Are you sure that all engines ad the hover mode enabled? Maybe you can post an image of the craft so we can see what might cause this?

It does. When you are in the VAB/SPH you can switch the lights settgins on various parts. The bumper has the options for "No Light", "Rear Light" and "Front Light"

The part about TRR and lights that bug was fixed sometime back but TRR does have anther bug where you can see through the glass 

LSKQjXL.png

cuhUzld.png

Has you can see here on the pod and solar panel

17 hours ago, Pavel ☭ said:

I have looked through them. The only parts with completely functional light system are all the red back lights and the headlights, as well as the rear airlock's window. There is no "toggle lights" or any button that turns on lights for the crew part or lab, and the cockpit lights only turn on the headlights, while the cockpit windows themselves are glitched; they used to only glow as if their lights were on when I hovered my mouse over them and subsequently had the green filter over the part, however, now the lights stay on when I move my mouse away; but when turning the lights off I must do the same thing when the headlights are off in order to turn off the window lights. I have used the hover option for the engines. Granted I did have landing gear clipping into them but they were part of the craft so they shouldn't have done such a thing. Unfortunately hover mode was not enough to stop the violent flipping.

Pretty sure your the one that asked for the windowshine  patch there was already one in the folder that is delete the lights has that bug has been fix if you open the mods folder you will see a patch folder in it you will find a windowshine.cfg open it with notepad you will see 

TextureReplacerReplaced
{
	Folders
	{
		Default = WindowShine/Default/		
	}
}

@PART[Lynx_Cockpit,Lynx_CockpitTruck,Lynx_CrewCabin,Lynx_MobileLab,Lynx_RearAirlock]:HAS[!MODULE[TRR_Reflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacerReplaced]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleColorChanger] {}              <---------------------  HERE DELETE this whole line

%MODULE[TRR_Reflection]
	{
        %name = TRR_Reflection
        %shader = ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha
        %colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
        %interval = 8
        %meshes = Windows
	}
}

@PART[Lynx_Solarpanel,Lynx_Solarpanel_wide]:HAS[!MODULE[TRR_Reflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacerReplaced]
{
	%MODULE[TRR_Reflection]
	{
        %name = TRR_Reflection
        %colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
        %interval = 8
	}
}

make it look like 

TextureReplacerReplaced
{
	Folders
	{
	}
}

@PART[Lynx_Cockpit,Lynx_CockpitTruck,Lynx_CrewCabin,Lynx_MobileLab,Lynx_RearAirlock]:HAS[!MODULE[TRR_Reflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacerReplaced]
{

%MODULE[TRR_Reflection]
	{
        %name = TRR_Reflection
        %colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
        %interval = 8
        %meshes = Windows
	}
}

@PART[Lynx_Solarpanel,Lynx_Solarpanel_wide]:HAS[!MODULE[TRR_Reflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacerReplaced]
{
	%MODULE[TRR_Reflection]
	{
        %name = TRR_Reflection
        %colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
        %interval = 8
	}
}

6 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Do you have windowshine installed as a mod per chance? Animated lights in the windows and windowshine are not compatible. Therefore the cabin lights are disabled/not working when windowshine is installed.

I have installed it yesterday but this problem was happening before I did so. And as far as I know, pretty much all other lights in all other modules including planetary base system, stockalike station parts expansion, and default windowed modules seem to work perfectly fine, so I don't understand why it wouldn't work with the Lynx rover, especially considering you made planetary base systems.

6 hours ago, Nils277 said:

This should not happen. Are you sure that all engines ad the hover mode enabled? Maybe you can post an image of the craft so we can see what might cause this?

Unfortunately the craft file depends on Ven's Stock Revamp which I removed so I cannot load it or provide a picture, so I will do my best to explain everything. The craft was attached via docking ports to a Lynx trailer I made out of flatbeds and a passive hitch piece. The docking port on the trailer was raised higher with batteries, while the craft had a docking port on the bottom of it docked with this one (well, I attached them in the SPH) The craft itself is a probodyne rovemate, with three tooth pick landing gears, two of which were slightly clipping into the engines, with a ladder and a few EVA seats on top of it, with two scorpion engines on either side. COM was balanced so that this should have been able to fly at least for long enough for me to figure out what was wrong with it. I undocked the ports and turned on the engines and hover mode, but it just sat there. The fans were spinning and I was confused. Eventually the engine said "flame-out" and after pressing the engine toggle and hover toggle buttons for a while, it went back and forth between flame-out and actually running. I also was changing between electric and air breathing mode to try to get it to work, but to no avail. Eventually, the craft went flying at 70-100 m/s and back/front flipping many times per second. It proceeded to crash some 600 meters away. I hope this was more descriptive this time. I can reinstall the mod if this isn't enough but it will take a while

5 hours ago, Mecripp said:

Pretty sure your the one that asked for the windowshine patch

Yes, yes I am.

I did what you told me to do and will test it now.

Edited by Pavel ☭

I did what you said to the .cfg file, but now I cannot turn the rear airlock lights on. Actually, I can't turn on the lights of any module with the red rear lights. I have an option to "turn cabin lights" on/off for the rear airlock but it doesn't do anything. However I have a vehicle that I made beforehand and put the rear airlock's lights in the lights action group, and am able to toggle the lights successfully by using the action group, but cannot do the same action outside of the action group... and subsequently cannot re-add this function to the action group if I were to remove it.

Edited by Pavel ☭

I think there's a bug with the red lights on the airlock part in general. If you change them to white, turn them on then switch back to red, they are lit up fine. But while set at red, they will not turn on or off. Some of the parts don't even have the option to turn the lights on and off, such as the rear fuel tank.

That aside, Pass 1 complete for Feline.

7OdK3fS.jpg

3HT4lhy.jpg

Hey , love this mod, and it is probably the best mod ever made for ksp. I have one request though. How should I edit my .cfg files in order to prevent flipping while in hover mode. It seems that every bump i hover over flips my vehicle. It is mainly an issue with heavier vehicles, and my center of thrust and center of gravity are aligned. It seems that the hover engines follow the terrain to perfectly, so bumps really affect them. Also, the stabilization translation of the hover engines on heavier vessels stabilize the ship way to fast or to slow causing a loss of control. Oh, and Merry Christmas.

Edited by grantbebop

The model, textures and sound of the hover engines are simple amazing. but I think the maximum hovering height (2 m) is too low, and they consume to little electric charge. Is possible to easily change that in my game using the config files?

In the regular mode the engines are very powerful, but I can't get TCA to balance them, seems that they are different from regular engines. Other mods adds similar electric engines, but the models are very inferior and they lack the animations.

Thanks!!

On 12/25/2017 at 12:13 AM, Electrocutor said:

I think there's a bug with the red lights on the airlock part in general. If you change them to white, turn them on then switch back to red, they are lit up fine. But while set at red, they will not turn on or off. Some of the parts don't even have the option to turn the lights on and off, such as the rear fuel tank.

That aside, Pass 1 complete for Feline.

7OdK3fS.jpg

3HT4lhy.jpg

I'm looking for a window shine configuration for the lynx rover. I don't even know what TU is.

On 23.12.2017 at 4:46 PM, Mecripp said:

Pretty sure your the one that asked for the windowshine  patch there was already one in the folder that is delete the lights has that bug has been fix if you open the mods folder you will see a patch folder in it you will find a windowshine.cfg open it with notepad you will see 

TextureReplacerReplaced
{
	Folders
	{
	}
}

{
    !MODULE[ModuleColorChanger] {}              <---------------------  HERE DELETE this whole line

%MODULE[TRR_Reflection]
	{
        %name = TRR_Reflection
        %colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
        %interval = 8
        %meshes = Windows
	}
}

{
	%MODULE[TRR_Reflection]
	{
        %name = TRR_Reflection
        %colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
        %interval = 8
	}
}

make it look like 

TextureReplacerReplaced
{
	Folders
	{
	}
}

{

%MODULE[TRR_Reflection]
	{
        %name = TRR_Reflection
        %colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
        %interval = 8
        %meshes = Windows
	}
}

{
	%MODULE[TRR_Reflection]
	{
        %name = TRR_Reflection
        %colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
        %interval = 8
	}
}

Thanks! Will update the patch to make it fully work with the latest version of windowshine

On 23.12.2017 at 10:17 PM, Pavel ☭ said:

I have installed it yesterday but this problem was happening before I did so. And as far as I know, pretty much all other lights in all other modules including planetary base system, stockalike station parts expansion, and default windowed modules seem to work perfectly fine, so I don't understand why it wouldn't work with the Lynx rover, especially considering you made planetary base systems.

Unfortunately the craft file depends on Ven's Stock Revamp which I removed so I cannot load it or provide a picture, so I will do my best to explain everything. The craft was attached via docking ports to a Lynx trailer I made out of flatbeds and a passive hitch piece. The docking port on the trailer was raised higher with batteries, while the craft had a docking port on the bottom of it docked with this one (well, I attached them in the SPH) The craft itself is a probodyne rovemate, with three tooth pick landing gears, two of which were slightly clipping into the engines, with a ladder and a few EVA seats on top of it, with two scorpion engines on either side. COM was balanced so that this should have been able to fly at least for long enough for me to figure out what was wrong with it. I undocked the ports and turned on the engines and hover mode, but it just sat there. The fans were spinning and I was confused. Eventually the engine said "flame-out" and after pressing the engine toggle and hover toggle buttons for a while, it went back and forth between flame-out and actually running. I also was changing between electric and air breathing mode to try to get it to work, but to no avail. Eventually, the craft went flying at 70-100 m/s and back/front flipping many times per second. It proceeded to crash some 600 meters away. I hope this was more descriptive this time. I can reinstall the mod if this isn't enough but it will take a while

Yes, yes I am.

I did what you told me to do and will test it now.

Hmm, i can't see a problem with the size of general composition of your craft. One thing to try out is. When you start the hover mode, the engines automatically use your current height to hover. So when you sit on the ground and activate the engines and enable the hover mode, then you have to use the "I" and "K" keys to heighten/lower your current hover height. Maybe this may have been the problem. Will take a close look at all parts with lights and windows to make sure they all work for the next update. Seems like i have broken something with the last one.

@Pavel ☭ and @Electrocutor You are right, i reinstalled FUR and it seems that i used a internal development version of the plugin where all the lights still worked. Will change it to make all lights work in the next update again

On 25.12.2017 at 6:12 PM, grantbebop said:

Hey , love this mod, and it is probably the best mod ever made for ksp. I have one request though. How should I edit my .cfg files in order to prevent flipping while in hover mode. It seems that every bump i hover over flips my vehicle. It is mainly an issue with heavier vehicles, and my center of thrust and center of gravity are aligned. It seems that the hover engines follow the terrain to perfectly, so bumps really affect them. Also, the stabilization translation of the hover engines on heavier vessels stabilize the ship way to fast or to slow causing a loss of control. Oh, and Merry Christmas.

You don't have to change things in .cfg files to change that. Just click the "Show advanced engine settings" option the right click menu of the engine and change the "Height P", "Height I" and "Height D" values. Generally speaking lower values will make the engines react slower and more smoothly. But, the slower the engines react the higher the chance to crash into terrin when it rises suddenly. High I values will make the engines react faster but can cause oscillations. High D values damps the movement and might prevent oscillations. The P will make the engine react more directly. Play around with the values until you see that they fit to your play stile.

On 26.12.2017 at 12:42 PM, kerbalfreak said:

The model, textures and sound of the hover engines are simple amazing. but I think the maximum hovering height (2 m) is too low, and they consume to little electric charge. Is possible to easily change that in my game using the config files?

In the regular mode the engines are very powerful, but I can't get TCA to balance them, seems that they are different from regular engines. Other mods adds similar electric engines, but the models are very inferior and they lack the animations.

Thanks!!

You can change the consumption of the engines in the "HoverEngine.cfg" and the "HoverEngine_rear.cfg" in the "GameData\KerbetrotterLtd\FelineUtilityRover\Parts\Engine" folder. Just search for this:

PROPELLANT
            {
                name = ElectricCharge
                ratio = 7
            }

in the Mode nodet in the ModuleKerbetrotterEngine module and change the ratio to whatever you see fit.

For the maximal hover height, you can change the "maxHoverHeight" value in ModuleKerbetrotterEngine module from all engines to what you want.

But be carefule: The reason for the limited hover height is a restriction from the game. The restriction is that all buildings and generally all things in the KSC as well as all artifacts etc count as terrain from the game and the hover height is set as a distance to the terrain. This means that when you would be able to hover over buildings the engines would think that the ground just came 3m closer and try to compensate for that causing the rover to make a flip every time you hover over an edge of a building/artifact. To prevent that i set the maximal hover height low enough to not be able to hover over a building.

2 hours ago, kerbalfreak said:

Thanks for the update! I was missing the ISRU and the Science Jr., and loved the new drill. I only noted a small problem with typing on the title of the Science Jr. and a localization problem with the ore/water in the drill.

I'm using KSP 1.3 and Module Manager 3.0.1.

8vI5FDW.png
U9XkImW.png

Tbanks for the info. Will fix the typo. What exactly is the localization problem with the ore/water drill? And to which language?

On 12/27/2017 at 11:48 AM, Nils277 said:

Snippity snip snip, backity backspace

Thanks a lot for fixing these problems

I hope someone can get me a real windowshine config for the lynx rover eventually.

Edited by Pavel ☭

I wanted to take a moment and showcase a small example of the sheer versatility of the beautiful mod you have created @Nils277. Your rovers not only provide an eloquent and, dare I say, perfect solution to any and all of my rover needs. In addition, they provide an outstanding bed of development for machines of war. In the pictures below, the AH-128 Viper, it allows me the opportunity for a sleek, compact, and versatile hover craft that can be packed to the brim with weaponry. I used to use the rover body for fighting vehicles as well, in which they allowed me to mount even more weapons. 

I wanted to thank you for this amazing piece of ingenuity and allowing me hundreds of hours of procrastination from doing things I probably should be doing but instead I am tinkering with what you see below and so much more. 

Even your Planetary Base Systems mod has become a vital part of my "war campaign" by providing crucial forward operating bases for logistics and support... and I may or may not have put weapons and radar systems on them as well. o.o

If there is ever anything I can help with in the testing process for new content for any of your amazing mods or what have you, please all you need is but to ask. 

oyJyax.pngoyLI2O.png

oyLBGd.pngoyJZPQ.png

oyLvYq.pngoyLGiN.png

oyLoBm.png

Hello. Thank you for this lovely mod. I want to be able to use an action group binding to Lynx.AttachableThruster so that I can toggle the extend option. But in sph I see no extend option when I click on the thruster. Is there a simple MM patch I can use? Thanks again.

10 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Hello. Thank you for this lovely mod. I want to be able to use an action group binding to Lynx.AttachableThruster so that I can toggle the extend option. But in sph I see no extend option when I click on the thruster. Is there a simple MM patch I can use? Thanks again.

I do believe that this is the droid you're looking for. 

pGg2e5.png

4 hours ago, dbsmda said:

Fun mod, especially the hovering engines.

A small bug I noticed is the "cancel rotation, cancel lateral speed, and point to ground" settings dont stay saved and need to be reset every time.

Thanks! Very good find, bug will be fixed in the next update.

Update to 1.0.6 ~Let there be ligh....ahhh i'm blind!~ 

Changelog:

Localization:

• Updated chinese translation. Thanks to @Levin845
  • Updated brazilian-portuguese translations. Thanks to @FellipeC
  • Updated spanish translations. Thanks to @bice
  • Updated russian translations. Thanks to @Sebra

Enhancements:

• Added airlocks to all crewed parts so kerbals can enter cargo bays and flatbeds directly
  • Renamed deploy toggle option of the Attachable Truster to be more intuitive

New Parts:

• Special part for an easier attachment of the hover engines to the site of the rovers

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed several light issues on rear airlock and rear fueltank
  • Fixed bug where the hover engines do not start when enabling hover mode before enabling the engines
  • Fixed typo in the science jr.
  • The Rear Drill is now translated properly
  • The settings for the hover engines are now saved correctly

Download:

oYvtZpW.png UVVt0OP.png lMOxt2k.png

With this update all supported languages are now fully translated again!
I want to express my gratitude towards everyone who helped translating FUR (in alphabetical order): @bice@FellipeC@Levin845@Sebra@ssd21345@Tirathangil and @vosskftw. Thank you for bringing FUR into so many languages!
If you have some spare Rep, they definitely deserve it!

Edited by Nils277
Whoops meant 1.0.6

Great Mod!

However I cant seem to keep the rover from wanting to roll right immediately on liftoff...

I've canceled Lateral Speed on engines but still happens...

Any suggestions?

Happen with and without TCA enabled and or SAS on or off as well.

17 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Great Mod!

However I cant seem to keep the rover from wanting to roll right immediately on liftoff...

I've canceled Lateral Speed on engines but still happens...

Any suggestions?

Happen with and without TCA enabled and or SAS on or off as well.

This is most likely due to the fact that not all engines are changed into the hover mode or the engines are at unequal hights. You can change roll for unequal heights when in the right click menu of the engines. When you use action groups to enbable/disable the hover mode, make sure all engines are added to this action.

These engines are custom made and therefore cannot be controlled by TCA. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.