[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

1 hour ago, Sebra said:

I found addon's help pages are on english. PBS's too.

What and where should I change to see translated?

The texts should translate automatically. I will take a look if i forgot to include the plugin that does that in the last release. It should be in GameData and is named StaticFileLocalizer.dll (or quite similar, im not at my pc at the moment and can't check).

Btw. also when this works, the entry for the hover engines will still be in english, no one volunteered to translate the new texts yet. 

Edited by Nils277

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:04 PM, Nils277 said:

The rear airlock? You mean with the hitch? Or in the editor?

Not the Hitch the actual "Airlock" that replaces the rear door on the Rover, that is supposed to connect to another matching airlock on my base...

Using the accordion piece to get them to same height and exactly level.  Still will never attach?

15 hours ago, Sebra said:

So, what could I check to see the reason of this?

https://imgur.com/a/RODAX

Hmm, this is weird. Can you post the KSP.log files when you started KSP and opened the KSPedia? Maybe there is a problem in the plugin that replaces the files i'm not yet aware of. Since when do you have that problem?
Do you use KSP 1.3.0 or the preview of 1.3.1?

12 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Not the Hitch the actual "Airlock" that replaces the rear door on the Rover, that is supposed to connect to another matching airlock on my base...

Using the accordion piece to get them to same height and exactly level.  Still will never attach?

The part that is called "Lynx Rear Airlock" does not have any capability to dock with another part (also not with another airlock) directly. Both parts need to have e.g. the 'Lynx Docking Port', 'Lynx Extendible Docking Port', 'Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port'.

I get that you use the 'Lynx Extendible Docking Port' to try to dock, but that is not direktly the Airlock. Maybe it would be best if you show us a screenshot of what you try to accomplish? 

could we get a flatbed piece in the "thin" format?

EDIT:  Also if the Cargo Bay and Flat Bed parts were combined to be just another model switch as the flatbed does already that would reduce part clutter as well as give us the "thin" format for the cargo bay, assuming you make this part.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

4 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

could we get a flatbed piece in the "thin" format?

EDIT:  Also if the Cargo Bay and Flat Bed parts were combined to be just another model switch as the flatbed does already that would reduce part clutter as well as give us the "thin" format for the cargo bay, assuming you make this part.

Have to think about that thin piece. I originally set myself a limit of 50 parts for the rover to keep it "small" but it is already well over it with 61 parts. (And there are already two (last) new parts coming in the next update)

Making the cargo bay and the flat bed switchable would be a bit hard. The cargo bay does protect its content from the outside, just switching the models would not be enough. Additionally the old parts would still have to remain, to not break older rovers, so the clutter would remain in one way or another.

Edited by Nils277

ah well.... the model switch is an issue I guess.  I forgot about the fact the cargo bay is protecting things from the airstream...

what about making all the flatbed / cargo bay parts be a model switch of themselves.  as in 1 part that is the flatbed part, and model switch it to be thin/single/or double length?'

also extra parts can be moved to "hidden" parts to maintain old rovers, but not allow new rovers to select them.  and then at some point in the future removed completely and added to a "legacy" pack for those that may need it.

1 hour ago, Bit Fiddler said:

ah well.... the model switch is an issue I guess.  I forgot about the fact the cargo bay is protecting things from the airstream...

what about making all the flatbed / cargo bay parts be a model switch of themselves.  as in 1 part that is the flatbed part, and model switch it to be thin/single/or double length?'

also extra parts can be moved to "hidden" parts to maintain old rovers, but not allow new rovers to select them.  and then at some point in the future removed completely and added to a "legacy" pack for those that may need it.

I already did that for some parts in KPBS and hid them in the editor. First of all, they can't be hidden completely, the parts will still show up in some of the advanced filters no matter what is done. Additionally i removed the parts altogether more than a year after they were deprecated (which is in turn also about a year ago) and there are still users asking why they were removed from time to time. Or asking why they cant load a vessel anymore. 

And a simple mesh switch in the editor would not be sufficient because i would also need to :

• Switch hidable sides/front/rear parts of the flatbed
  • change end-points and start-points of protected area of the cargo bay(of at all possible)
  • deactivate/activate/move the attach nodes of the parts when switched
  • deactivate/activate the lights of the cargo bay (probably needs rewriting of some other modules)
  • move around all attavhed parts when the model is switched. (kinda hacky)
  • Handle what happens when a part is attached to a node that won't be available when the mesh is switched (delete the attached part, don't allow switching, etc)

I don't think reducing the part-count by just 2 (or max. 4 if there is a thin version) is not worth this whole effort. 

ah I see, oh well...  I guess there is not much to do about it then.   But you knew this, as it is yours, you have thought of all this already.

oh well if you can see your way to adding in 2 more parts, the thin versions of flatbed and cargo bay would be great.

3 hours ago, mindseyemodels said:

how in gods name do I make it go forwards and back?(hover engines) I'm using a joystick

The hover engined should react to the same controls as the wheels. But i have not tested with a joystick because i don't have one. 

Are maybe the brakes enabled? 

7 hours ago, Nils277 said:

The hover engined should react to the same controls as the wheels. But i have not tested with a joystick because i don't have one. 

Are maybe the brakes enabled? 

my forward and backwards translation is mapped to the throttle slider so is that what to do? it wont work and my throttle up button is the trigger and the throttle down button is the one directly behind it

46 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

my forward and backwards translation is mapped to the throttle slider so is that what to do? it wont work and my throttle up button is the trigger and the throttle down button is the one directly behind it

There are a lot of different Joysticks i can't really say what buttons are for what purpose there.
What controls of the joystick are you using, when you want to drive around with a rover that has normal wheels? 

Edited by Nils277

1 minute ago, mindseyemodels said:

lemme try I just have to fire up ksp first

Okay. Like i said, they are controlled the exact same way as the wheels for moving forward/backward and steering.

The throttle setting will only influence the strength of the engines when they are not in the hover mode. 

I feel like the concept of hover engines can be improved...how about making dark energy hover engines?(I am busy trying to figure out how to make mods) they would be able to go way higher  and would work even without an atmosphere the reason I specify dark ENERGY is that is what we think is pushing the universe apart faster and faster so it is kind of negative mass and would come in handy if they were surface mounted(like the place anywhere rcs ports) also it would be even more handy when I get around to making my tr-3b starship mod because I would be able to make it glide around silently with use of hover engines in addition to standard propulsion methods I hope the concept of dark energy hover engines catches your attention in a good way(maximum height for dark energy drives would be 3k meters as they would be more powerful I imagine also I imagine such drives would either make no sound at all or something around 130hz to 160hz and a really low noise at that)

Edited by mindseyemodels

idk if this is a good idea or not but we should get in touch on discord so we can discuss the issues I'm having with making mods and also since you seem good at making mods perhaps you could teach me how to make mods I am currently working on a model of the TR-3B but there are hang ups...I feel like this would be better discussed on discord so we don't derail the thread any more than I unintentionally did just now

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.