[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

I'm sure this isn't the fault of this mod, probably something with AVP, but all the glass and solar panels from this mod specifically are bright purple. I'm mostly curious if the author or anyone else knows what might be causing this.

Edit: Remembered the in-game debug console, looks like a TextureReplacerReplaced issue. Specifically,

[TRR.TextureReplacerReplaced] Error: Shader not found: ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha

Sounds like it's missing something to make the windows reflective? 

Edited by ForgiLaGeord

19 hours ago, ForgiLaGeord said:

I'm sure this isn't the fault of this mod, probably something with AVP, but all the glass and solar panels from this mod specifically are bright purple. I'm mostly curious if the author or anyone else knows what might be causing this.

Edit: Remembered the in-game debug console, looks like a TextureReplacerReplaced issue. Specifically,

[TRR.TextureReplacerReplaced] Error: Shader not found: ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha

Sounds like it's missing something to make the windows reflective? 

I had a quick look at your problem.You are using the latest version of KSP (1.4.2) right? If this is the case you should remove TextureReplacerReplaced and Windowshine (the windows are changed by Windowshine but Windowshine uses TRR). Both mods are not yet updated for KPS 1.4.2 but are for KSP 1.3.+. Which means that all shaders they provide are not functional in KSP 1.4.+, which causes the purple windows. 

Edited by Nils277

5 hours ago, Nils277 said:

I had a quick look at your problem.You are using the latest version of KSP (1.4.2) right? If this is the case you should remove TextureReplacerReplaced and Windowshine (the windows are changed by Windowshine but Windowshine uses TRR). Both mods are not yet updated for KPS 1.4.2 but are for KSP 1.3.+. Which means that all shaders they provide are not functional in KSP 1.4.+, which causes the purple windows. 

That makes sense, I only had TRR because of AVP, and I sort of just figured that since AVP was stated as being up to date, all the dependencies would be too. Seems like they work mostly alright in the base game (helmet visors are purple too, actually), but cause problems with some mods.

4 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Superb! :D Did you make any significant tweaks to KSP3 flight settings?

Yes, there are some changes :wink: 

Deactivated Eye_Adaptation because it does not work with -force-glcore
Bloom

Threshold = 1.2
Dirt_Intensity = 3

Vignette 

Intensity to 0.15

and added Ambient Occlusion:

Ambient_Occlusion
{
	Ambient_Only = false
	Downsampling = false
	Force_Forward_Compatibility = false
	High_Precision = false
	Intensity = 1
	Radius = 0.15
	Sample_Count = 2
}

Edited by Nils277

• 2 weeks later...

Update to 1.2.5 ~Preparations~

Changelog:

Update:

• Recompile for KSP 1.4.3 

General:

• Moved Props from FUR to Kerbetrotter directory

Enhancements:

• Enhanced the ladder of the ladder with platform a bit
  • Tweaked friction of the wheels to reduce risk of rover tipping 

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed problems of IVA switch for docking bay
  • Fixed the IVA being off on parts behind hitches when the rover crashes

Download:

oYvtZpW.pngUVVt0OP.pnglMOxt2k.png

Warning: I discovered a bug with KSP 1.4.3 that causes all parts that are behind either a "Docking hitch" or a "Joint with Bellow" to be (randomly?) offset by a slight amount which persists through saves!!
I have currently not the slightes idea why this happens or how on earth it can be fixed. My biggest fear is that it is somehow related to the changes/fixes Squad did in regard to KrakensBane and the Floating Point Origin.

If anyone has an idea why this happens, please let me know!

Edited by Nils277

Update to 1.2.6 ~Out of control~

Changelog:

Update:

• Updated KSPModFileLocalizer to version 0.2.3.2

General:

• Overhaul of Switching framework

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed critical bug from Hitches/Joints to cause offset on subsequent parts

Download:

oYvtZpW.pngUVVt0OP.pnglMOxt2k.png

I hope that the bug from the hitches did not affect too many rovers.

Edited by Nils277

Good morning, I have a suggestion for the mod, the top panels with the groups would be more practical If it were near the front panel, because for those who drive EVA, changing the camera causes discomfort, however beautiful the organization look inside the lynx cabin. The proximity of the windshield makes any camera uncomfortable to gain access to this panel of groups. Of course, from my point of view as a user.

Edited by Catatau_27

20 minutes ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

anyone here used the hover engines for helis?

No but I did try to use them to make a quad drone.... it was a disaster..... totally uncontrollable. Was pretty basic, just a 2.5m probe core with radially attached hover engines. I may try again eventually

• 1 month later...

I realize it's kind of dark and difficult to see, but this bad boy didn't even break a sweat at -60 degree pitch on the Mun going down this crater cliff 34 game days of roving across the Mun. real time, leaving the mechjeb rover autopilot on and guiding it when I'm asleep or at work. {the lighted path on the scansat map is it's path thus far.}:

FgjC9wd.jpg

19 hours ago, tonimark said:

please update for ksp 1.4.4

Have you even tried to run this Mod with KSP 1.4.4? I don't know of any problems of the latest version of FUR with 1.4.4. If you have found any problems that are caused by 1.4.4, please tell what these problems are, they can't be fixed otherwise. See here to learn how to report bugs: 

Hi folks, I love this mod!

I'm using it and Connected Living Spaces with 1.4.4 so compatibility might be an issue, but no matter what I do I can't seem to get the Lynx Docking Port (or Extendible Port) working with CLS. Vehicle/ship parts are not connected through them. I'm only using Lynx parts (see screenshot).

HVPX38E.png

I tried undocking and re-docking.

I ensured the ports were open.

I tried going for a quick EVA has cleared up CLS state issues with other vessels.

If I replace the ports with regular clamp-o-trons then CLS works.

I've tried turning on all the CLS options (attached/attachable) in the editor for all the ports and the parts they're connected to.

Again, 1.4.4 compatibility might be an issue, but CLS does work with other parts so I figured I'd ask here about these ports in particular.

On 7/14/2018 at 2:07 AM, r1chardj0n3s said:

Hi folks, I love this mod!

I'm using it and Connected Living Spaces with 1.4.4 so compatibility might be an issue, but no matter what I do I can't seem to get the Lynx Docking Port (or Extendible Port) working with CLS. Vehicle/ship parts are not connected through them. I'm only using Lynx parts (see screenshot).

HVPX38E.png

I tried undocking and re-docking.

I ensured the ports were open.

I tried going for a quick EVA has cleared up CLS state issues with other vessels.

If I replace the ports with regular clamp-o-trons then CLS works.

I've tried turning on all the CLS options (attached/attachable) in the editor for all the ports and the parts they're connected to.

Again, 1.4.4 compatibility might be an issue, but CLS does work with other parts so I figured I'd ask here about these ports in particular.

Hmm, seems i forgot to make the docking ports passable for CLS. Shouldn't be a problem with 1.4.4

Will take care of that problem in the next update.

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, seems i forgot to make the docking ports passable for CLS. Shouldn't be a problem with 1.4.4

Will take care of that problem in the next update.

Awesome, thanks!!

I don't know whether you're interested in wish items, but an adaptor for Lynx to 1.25 and/or Lynx to Planetary Base System form factor would be super awesome :-)

Edit: OMG I didn't even realise you're responsible for KPBS too - another of my favourite mods! Do you have a Patreon or even just some way for me to shout you a beer?

Edited by r1chardj0n3s

On 7/15/2018 at 4:30 AM, r1chardj0n3s said:

Awesome, thanks!!

I don't know whether you're interested in wish items, but an adaptor for Lynx to 1.25 and/or Lynx to Planetary Base System form factor would be super awesome :-)

Edit: OMG I didn't even realise you're responsible for KPBS too - another of my favourite mods! Do you have a Patreon or even just some way for me to shout you a beer?

Speaking of wish items, how about a new rover series? Like the Bobcat? In other words, a Lynx parts in a 1.875 form factor. I'd really like to see this. Thanks Nils!

1 hour ago, Skywalket said:

Speaking of wish items, how about a new rover series? Like the Bobcat? In other words, a Lynx parts in a 1.875 form factor. I'd really like to see this. Thanks Nils!

Malemute is a good step up from the Lynx - have you seen it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.