[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

20 hours ago, Coolinee Kerman said:

where is the best site to download i tryed it and it did not work

What did not work? Do the parts not show up?

All the sites in the first post in this thread work and will provide you with the correct download. If you don't have KSP 1.4.0 or above you should look for the files that support your KSP version.

When the parts do not show up you have installed to mod incorrectly. The content of the folder GameData from the download (The folder KerbetrotterLtd and the file KSPModFileLocalizer.dll) have to go into the GameData folder of your KSP installation. There should NOT be a GameData folder inside the GameData folder of KSP

Update to 1.2.7 ~Doppler Effect~

Changelog:

Update:

• Recompile for KSP 1.4.5

Enhancements:

• Material bay, isru and mobile lab now satisfy contracts requesting these parts (needs ModuleManager)

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed vent particel animation playing in editor for fuel tanks
  • Adjusted light position for rear airlock and rear fueltank
  • The version file now links to the correct website

Download:

oYvtZpW.pngUVVt0OP.pnglMOxt2k.png

@se5a I have not found the time to find the cause or a fix for your problem. Hopefully there will be one one day. :/ 

Edited by Nils277

Somewhat of a bug report:

The lynx attachable thruster does not get reported by the mod "kerbal engineer redux" when calculating delta-v and other stuff in the vab.

Also : the decoupler: enable staging does nothing. It does not enable staging.

Edited by Nicky21

10 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

The lynx attachable thruster does not get reported by the mod "kerbal engineer redux" when calculating delta-v and other stuff in the vab.

Is that the one with a decoupler? If so then that's definitely going to cause a problem.

@Nils277 Have you considered changing the default rotation of the parts to match with the SPH? For example, wheels and side VTOL thrusters always have to be rotated to attach them. Also, do you intend to sometime allow symmetric attachment for side mounts like how stock parts do with the bi-couplers (would require fixing the orientation too)?

Also, the OP screenshots really don't do the current version justice; perhaps it would be worth updating them? After you added all the normal maps, metal, and such it has a lot more character.
RSM5rD3.jpg

Edited by Electrocutor

2 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

Yeah, that's the one. 

Both Kerbal Engineer and MechJeb use staging logic that gets confused when a part is both engine AND decoupler. They expect it to be one or the other when determining staging statistics.... I'm guessing it checks for decoupler before engine and doesn't consider it could be both.

On 9/26/2018 at 4:05 PM, Nicky21 said:

Also : the decoupler: enable staging does nothing. It does not enable staging.

This is unfortunately not possible. As @Starwaster mentioned, it is a limitation of KER. Will take a look at the staging of the decoupler. It should be howver a Stock functionality that should work out of the box

On 9/27/2018 at 11:20 AM, Electrocutor said:

@Nils277 Have you considered changing the default rotation of the parts to match with the SPH? For example, wheels and side VTOL thrusters always have to be rotated to attach them. Also, do you intend to sometime allow symmetric attachment for side mounts like how stock parts do with the bi-couplers (would require fixing the orientation too)?

Also, the OP screenshots really don't do the current version justice; perhaps it would be worth updating them? After you added all the normal maps, metal, and such it has a lot more character.
RSM5rD3.jpg

Might change some of the parts in the future to be rotated better. But there have been some reasons why i did not do that in the first place, but i don't remember what those were.

The screenshots in the OP already show the parts with normal and specular maps but only the stock shaders. It should show what the users get without additional mods. But you are right, at least one or two screenshots with TU would be beneficial.  

On 9/29/2018 at 6:32 AM, I likeOxidizerrfuel said:

This mod won't work with my version of KSP. @Nills277 Please help me. Thanks! Also will this mod have more integration features for MKS? Never Mind!:cool:

What additional support for MKS do you have in mind?

Edited by Nils277

On 10/3/2018 at 3:30 AM, Nils277 said:

This is unfortunately not possible. As @Starwaster mentioned, it is a limitation of KER. Will take a look at the staging of the decoupler. It should be howver a Stock functionality that should work out of the box

Might change some of the parts in the future to be rotated better. But there have been some reasons why i did not do that in the first place, but i don't remember what those were.

The screenshots in the OP already show the parts with normal and specular maps but only the stock shaders. It should show what the users get without additional mods. But you are right, at least one or two screenshots with TU would be beneficial.  

What additional support for MKS do you have in mind?

Logistics, cargo crates, and most of the functions of the Kolnony parts basicly, features that all of the parts have in to parts for our Lynx Rover.

Maybe a bug-maybe a conflict, dunno but here it goes:

All cargo containers from the smallest (attachable freight) to the largest (freight big) can hold the exact same quantity of mks resources (1700 or 600 for Ore).

Ksp,mks and feline utility rovers all at latest version.

Edit: Same thing for fuel & usi life support stuff.

Edited by Esendis

On 10/7/2018 at 5:33 PM, Esendis said:

All cargo containers from the smallest (attachable freight) to the largest (freight big) can hold the exact same quantity of mks resources (1700 or 600 for Ore).

Thanks for the report. This is definitely a bug in the plugin. Will take care of that.
Since when did you experience this bug?

Here is a little something that folks might like:

Spoiler

@PART[Lynx_CanisterEC]:NEEDS[FelineUtilityRover&Pathfinder]:AFTER[Pathfinder]
{
    // was attachRules = 1,0,0,1,0
    %attachRules = 1,1,0,1,0

MODULE
    {
        name = WBIResourceDistributor
    }
}

I made this when I was messing around trying to build a tiny rover for puttering around a base.

On 10/7/2018 at 5:33 PM, Esendis said:

Just reevaluated the bug and it seems that nearly everything from the plugin in the latest version is broken. Will fix that ASAP.

9 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Thanks for the report. This is definitely a bug in the plugin. Will take care of that.
Since when did you experience this bug?

Fresh ksp install and it's been ages since i last built a new rover so i can't help you with that ima.

47 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Just reevaluated the bug and it seems that nearly everything from the plugin in the latest version is broken. Will fix that ASAP.

Glad you're taking a look under the hood. Thanks for the response.

@Nils277, I am running KSP on a mac without using steam and am having trouble getting the mod to show up. It shows that it is loading in parts on startup but the game is essentially running vanilla. I've tried putting the putting the contents of the GameData file (Kerbtrotter and localizer) in the normal one and a bunch of other methods. Am I doing something wrong, or is this not configured for mac? It may just be a matter of redirecting the localizer based on the mac names for file locations. The mod looks really cool, so I'm hoping I'm just doing something wrong and that it's not completely incompatible with mac. Also, is module manager needed to run with the planetary base mod? I haven't downloaded it yet just wondering in general.

Edited by fire52

21 hours ago, fire52 said:

@Nils277, I am running KSP on a mac without using steam and am having trouble getting the mod to show up. It shows that it is loading in parts on startup but the game is essentially running vanilla. I've tried putting the putting the contents of the GameData file (Kerbtrotter and localizer) in the normal one and a bunch of other methods. Am I doing something wrong, or is this not configured for mac? It may just be a matter of redirecting the localizer based on the mac names for file locations. The mod looks really cool, so I'm hoping I'm just doing something wrong and that it's not completely incompatible with mac. Also, is module manager needed to run with the planetary base mod? I haven't downloaded it yet just wondering in general.

There is no difference between Mac, Windows and Linux. It should work on all systems. This error is most likely due to the mod being installed in the wrong directory. You have put the folder 'KerbetrotterLtd' and the file 'KSPModfileLocalizer.dll' directly into the GameData directory of KSP there not be another GameData folder inside Ksp's GaneData folder or similar.

If this does not help, can you post a screenshot of you GameData folder?So we can see of something is wrong there.

Edited by Nils277

52 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

There is no difference between Mac, Windows and Linux. It should work on all systems. This error is most likely due to the mod being installed in the wrong directory. You have put the folder 'KerbetrotterLtd' and the file 'KSPModfileLocalizer.dll' directly into the GameData directory of KSP there not be another GameData folder inside Ksp's GaneData folder or similar.

If this does not help, can you post a screenshot of you GameData folder?So we can see of something is wrong there.

In this screenshot I dragged the files so that the GameData folder they came with is empty. I also tried copying them so that the folder is still full.

ftQeXwm.png

2 hours ago, fire52 said:

In this screenshot I dragged the files so that the GameData folder they came with is empty. I also tried copying them so that the folder is still full.

ftQeXwm.png

Hmm, from what i see, it should work. 

What files/folders do you have in the "KerbetrotterLtd" folder? Can you upload the "KSP.log" file from your KSP folder and link it here(or per PM). I'm afraid i have to look into the log to find the cause of the problem ;) 

2 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, from what i see, it should work. 

What files/folders do you have in the "KerbetrotterLtd" folder? Can you upload the "KSP.log" file from your KSP folder and link it here(or per PM). I'm afraid i have to look into the log to find the cause of the problem ;) 

Just went on KSP to mess around and all of the sudden it worked! there are no prebuilt rovers I don't know if there are supposed to be. oh well,  I'm not complaining the mod was worth the wait.

Edited by fire52

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Nils277

Redone TU configs with support for recoloring on all parts:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d4szcIMbzI4oCnbsWKil94TAjSsTfy9Q

eeLEcli.jpg

Known Issues:

• Lynx_RemoteControl: Vents and reaction wheels need to be in their own mesh or a mask made for them
  • Lynx_FuelCell_Roof: Inside metal panel needs separate mesh or mask made
  • Lynx_Solarpanel: Panel needs separate mesh from base or mask made
  • Lynx_Solarpanel_wide: Panel needs separate mesh from base or mask made
  • Lynx_ISRU: Two canisters are part of base mesh
  • Lynx_BellowedJoint: Doors need their own mesh or mask made

Unfinished:

• I have not hooked up the specular pass-through and normalization yet, so if the existing speculars were better than flat, the details won't come through yet.
  • My diffuse normalization values are best-guess and some are slightly off, but they are fairly close, so there isn't too much variation in shades between regions.
  • Create a set of preset colors good for rovers; the included TU ones are pretty bad. You can replace the existing PresetColors.cfg in 000_TexturesUnlimited with this one for a bit more variation, but it's not made specific to anything:
    • Spoiler

KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = stockWhite
      	title = Stock White
      	color = 211, 211, 211
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = stockBlack
      	title = Stock Black
      	color = 76, 79, 71
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = stockOrange
      	title = Stock Orange
      	color = 244, 152, 65
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = stockGreen
      	title = Stock Green
      	color = 115, 123, 87
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsWhite
      	title = NCS White
      	color = 255, 255, 255
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = polishedWhite
      	title = Polished White
      	color = 255, 255, 255
      	specular = 239
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsBlack
      	title = NCS Black
      	color = 0, 0, 0
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = polishedBlack
      	title = Polished Black
      	color = 0, 0, 0
      	specular = 239
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsBrown
      	title = NCS Brown
      	color = 151, 116, 80
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedBrown
      	title = Anodized Brown
      	color = 151, 116, 80
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsRed
      	title = NCS Red
      	color = 196, 2, 51
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedRed
      	title = Anodized Red
      	color = 196, 2, 51
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsOrange
      	title = NCS Orange
      	color = 225, 106, 25
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedOrange
      	title = Anodized Orange
      	color = 225, 106, 25
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsYellow
      	title = NCS Yellow
      	color = 255, 211, 0
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedYellow
      	title = Anodized Yellow
      	color = 255, 211, 0
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsGreen
      	title = NCS Green
      	color = 0, 159, 107
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedGreen
      	title = Anodized Green
      	color = 0, 159, 107
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsTeal
      	title = NCS Teal
      	color = 0, 147, 148
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedTeal
      	title = Anodized Teal
      	color = 0, 147, 148
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsBlue
      	title = NCS Blue
      	color = 0, 135, 189
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedBlue
      	title = Anodized Blue
      	color = 0, 135, 189
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsPurple
      	title = NCS Purple
      	color = 98, 68, 120
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedPurple
      	title = Anodized Purple
      	color = 98, 68, 120
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = aluminium
      	title = Aluminium
      	color = 191, 191, 191
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = polishedAluminium
      	title = Polished Aluminium
      	color = 191, 191, 191
      	specular = 239
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = steel
      	title = Steel
      	color = 127, 127, 127
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = polishedSteel
      	title = Polished Steel
      	color = 127, 127, 127
      	specular = 239
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = copper
      	title = Copper
      	color = 184, 115, 51
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = gold
      	title = Gold
      	color = 255, 215, 0
      	specular = 239
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = bronze
      	title = Bronze
      	color = 102, 93, 30
      	specular = 191
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = brass
      	title = Brass
      	color = 181, 166, 66
      	specular = 191
      	metallic = 255
      }

On 11/3/2018 at 9:45 PM, Electrocutor said:

@Nils277

Redone TU configs with support for recoloring on all parts:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d4szcIMbzI4oCnbsWKil94TAjSsTfy9Q

eeLEcli.jpg

Known Issues:

• Lynx_RemoteControl: Vents and reaction wheels need to be in their own mesh or a mask made for them
  • Lynx_FuelCell_Roof: Inside metal panel needs separate mesh or mask made
  • Lynx_Solarpanel: Panel needs separate mesh from base or mask made
  • Lynx_Solarpanel_wide: Panel needs separate mesh from base or mask made
  • Lynx_ISRU: Two canisters are part of base mesh
  • Lynx_BellowedJoint: Doors need their own mesh or mask made

Unfinished:

• I have not hooked up the specular pass-through and normalization yet, so if the existing speculars were better than flat, the details won't come through yet.
  • My diffuse normalization values are best-guess and some are slightly off, but they are fairly close, so there isn't too much variation in shades between regions.
  • Create a set of preset colors good for rovers; the included TU ones are pretty bad. You can replace the existing PresetColors.cfg in 000_TexturesUnlimited with this one for a bit more variation, but it's not made specific to anything:
    •   Reveal hidden contents

KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = stockWhite
      	title = Stock White
      	color = 211, 211, 211
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = stockBlack
      	title = Stock Black
      	color = 76, 79, 71
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = stockOrange
      	title = Stock Orange
      	color = 244, 152, 65
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = stockGreen
      	title = Stock Green
      	color = 115, 123, 87
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsWhite
      	title = NCS White
      	color = 255, 255, 255
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = polishedWhite
      	title = Polished White
      	color = 255, 255, 255
      	specular = 239
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsBlack
      	title = NCS Black
      	color = 0, 0, 0
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = polishedBlack
      	title = Polished Black
      	color = 0, 0, 0
      	specular = 239
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsBrown
      	title = NCS Brown
      	color = 151, 116, 80
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedBrown
      	title = Anodized Brown
      	color = 151, 116, 80
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsRed
      	title = NCS Red
      	color = 196, 2, 51
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedRed
      	title = Anodized Red
      	color = 196, 2, 51
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsOrange
      	title = NCS Orange
      	color = 225, 106, 25
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedOrange
      	title = Anodized Orange
      	color = 225, 106, 25
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsYellow
      	title = NCS Yellow
      	color = 255, 211, 0
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedYellow
      	title = Anodized Yellow
      	color = 255, 211, 0
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsGreen
      	title = NCS Green
      	color = 0, 159, 107
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedGreen
      	title = Anodized Green
      	color = 0, 159, 107
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsTeal
      	title = NCS Teal
      	color = 0, 147, 148
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedTeal
      	title = Anodized Teal
      	color = 0, 147, 148
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsBlue
      	title = NCS Blue
      	color = 0, 135, 189
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedBlue
      	title = Anodized Blue
      	color = 0, 135, 189
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = ncsPurple
      	title = NCS Purple
      	color = 98, 68, 120
      	specular = 95
      	metallic = 0
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = anodizedPurple
      	title = Anodized Purple
      	color = 98, 68, 120
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = aluminium
      	title = Aluminium
      	color = 191, 191, 191
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = polishedAluminium
      	title = Polished Aluminium
      	color = 191, 191, 191
      	specular = 239
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = steel
      	title = Steel
      	color = 127, 127, 127
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = polishedSteel
      	title = Polished Steel
      	color = 127, 127, 127
      	specular = 239
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = copper
      	title = Copper
      	color = 184, 115, 51
      	specular = 127
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = gold
      	title = Gold
      	color = 255, 215, 0
      	specular = 239
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = bronze
      	title = Bronze
      	color = 102, 93, 30
      	specular = 191
      	metallic = 255
      }
      KSP_COLOR_PRESET {
      	name = brass
      	title = Brass
      	color = 181, 166, 66
      	specular = 191
      	metallic = 255
      }

Very cool thanks! Will take care of the known issues and send a pre-release to you with the changes ;) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.