[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2019 at 3:40 PM, Trolol29 said:

Hello Nills277, I CAN make the french translation! I send this the May 25th. Sorry for mistakes. I'm french.

PS: How can I you send the files?

Hi, that would be really cool! :)

You can make a pull request to GitHub, if you have a GitHub. Or you can upload them to Dropbox or other file uploader. Or you can send the content of the files in a pm, i would recreate the files then :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

First thank you for this awesome mod.  I have made some crazy creations in combination with bda armory. !    I was wondering if there was a problem with the Lynx Truck Cockpit.  It does not seem to support remote control. I have added a relay antenna and another remote guidance unit to it and it won't get remote control ....?

6 hours ago, Davaeron said:

First thank you for this awesome mod.  I have made some crazy creations in combination with bda armory. !    I was wondering if there was a problem with the Lynx Truck Cockpit.  It does not seem to support remote control. I have added a relay antenna and another remote guidance unit to it and it won't get remote control ....?

The Cockpit does not have remote control. There is a slot in the top of the cockpits. There is a control unit place into that slot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/05/2019 at 17:40, Nils277 said:

Salut, ce serait vraiment cool! :)

Vous pouvez faire une demande de tir à GitHub, si vous avez un GitHub. Ou vous pouvez les télécharger sur Dropbox ou un autre téléchargeur de fichiers. Ou vous pouvez envoyer le contenu des fichiers dans un pm, je recréerais les fichiers puis :clin d'œil:

Sorry, I’m very late.

23 minutes ago, Speedoothecat said:

Salut ! Je trouve ces rovers très gentils, mais j'ai un gros problème :

Transfert d'équipage impossible, cible verrouillée, je ne comprends pas pourquoi

Est-ce un bug?

Only the cockpit is blocked, passes through the outside via a piece of the base game (the mk2 lander can (rover version) works well)

Edited by Trolol29

Feline rover, my setup

|---------------|------------------|-------------------|

|-cockpit---|-Crewcabin-|-Laboratory|

|---------------|------------------|--------------------|

The tests

Transfers :

From cockpit to crewcabin = no

from cockpit to laboratory = yes

from crewcabin to cockpit = no

from crewcabin to lab = yes

from lab to cockpit = no

from lab to crewcabin = no

AEV :

Cockpit = yes

Crewcabin = yes

Laboratory = no

A Kerbal who is transfered into the lab is stucked in the lab.

5 hours ago, Speedoothecat said:

Feline rover, my setup

|---------------|------------------|-------------------|

|-cockpit---|-Crewcabin-|-Laboratory|

|---------------|------------------|--------------------|

The tests

Transfers :

From cockpit to crewcabin = no

from cockpit to laboratory = yes

from crewcabin to cockpit = no

from crewcabin to lab = yes

from lab to cockpit = no

from lab to crewcabin = no

AEV :

Cockpit = yes

Crewcabin = yes

Laboratory = no

A Kerbal who is transfered into the lab is stucked in the lab.

This is weird. What is the message when you can't transfer a kerbal?

Du you have Connected Living Space installed? 

A screenshot and/or a savegame might help

11 hours ago, RocketScientist345 said:

how long would it take to update this for use with v 1.7.2

It already should work with 1.7.2 no changes needed.

Just now, RocketScientist345 said:

@Tonka Crash okay im probably needing to do that. do you suggest which versions i pick?

I use 1.4 and later. There are no guarantees, but a mod works until something in KSP changes to break it and KSP has been relatively stable since 1.4. The version of Unity the game was based on changed for 1.4, so older mods will have more problems. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem as some others with the electrical hover engine not working on non-oxygen atmospheres. I've tried it with only your mod & hyperedit to make sure and I confirm that on Duna They do not work :/

If you need me to test something or whatever, just ask; the rover is neat and the engiens are neat, I want to help make them fly again :)

Edit: I'm on 1.7.1

Edited by DarkGod

Hi, love the mod - there seemt to be an issue, when MKS is installed is somehow removes the Rear Drill part - obviously there is some interaction between the mods to enable the drill to mine USI resources. Removing MKS brings it back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 6:49 PM, Deacon Ix said:

Hi, love the mod - there seemt to be an issue, when MKS is installed is somehow removes the Rear Drill part - obviously there is some interaction between the mods to enable the drill to mine USI resources. Removing MKS brings it back.

Hmm, this should not happen. Will take a look at what goes wrong there

On 6/28/2019 at 6:38 PM, DarkGod said:

I have the same problem as some others with the electrical hover engine not working on non-oxygen atmospheres. I've tried it with only your mod & hyperedit to make sure and I confirm that on Duna They do not work :/

If you need me to test something or whatever, just ask; the rover is neat and the engiens are neat, I want to help make them fly again :)

Hmm, are they set to run completely electrical? I will try this out this week and see what happens and what i have to fix.

On 6/28/2019 at 7:38 PM, DarkGod said:

Test them on Eve. Duna's atmosphere is not dense enough for the propellers, so they produce no thrust (no thrust = flameout for jet based game mechanics).

On 7/8/2019 at 9:27 PM, Manul said:

Test them on Eve. Duna's atmosphere is not dense enough for the propellers, so they produce no thrust (no thrust = flameout for jet based game mechanics).

Thats not true for the Hover Engines (or at least it should not be). I have tested the engines on every planet with an atmosphere and they worked as they should. Especially duna was where most of my tests were made (aside from kerbin of course)

On 7/9/2019 at 10:54 PM, Nils277 said:

Thats not true for the Hover Engines (or at least it should not be). I have tested the engines on every planet with an atmosphere and they worked as they should. Especially duna was where most of my tests were made (aside from kerbin of course)

I used to build some VTOL planes with Lynx hover engines in 1.4. A nuclear VTOL plane was tested on Duna and it didn't work: the nuclear thermal jet produced very little thrust and hover engines didn't work at all.  I didn't find it surprising that lifting fans don't work at the pressure of 0,006 Atm :) Maybe I need to test it again because horizontal jumping landing on Duna is pain.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.