[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

First off, amazing. This. Is. Awesome. It has so much that I want from a rover pack. Great job as always (KPBS is the only mod i have actively recommended to friends)

One tiny thing that I did notice though, I'm currently doing a play-through, and the "Lynx Docking Module" keeps getting used for the "Rescue Kerbal" missions. I guess that this part doesn't have a way to exit it, so when it is the only part floating in orbit you can't get the Kerbals out until you have the claw. This might have been done for balance reasons, but is there maybe a way to make it not show up for the rescue missions.

5 hours ago, banisher_of_hope said:

First off, amazing. This. Is. Awesome. It has so much that I want from a rover pack. Great job as always (KPBS is the only mod i have actively recommended to friends)

One tiny thing that I did notice though, I'm currently doing a play-through, and the "Lynx Docking Module" keeps getting used for the "Rescue Kerbal" missions. I guess that this part doesn't have a way to exit it, so when it is the only part floating in orbit you can't get the Kerbals out until you have the claw. This might have been done for balance reasons, but is there maybe a way to make it not show up for the rescue missions.

@banisher_of_hope and @Aelfhe1m i looked at the only stock part i know of that also has no airlock and therefore should not be used for rescue contracts. The only difference i found in its config was the line:

noAutoEVAMulti = True

which i have not seen in other configs until now.
Will add that to the Docking Bay and hope that this is the setting that prevents KPS to use the part for rescue contracts.

Edited by Nils277

4 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@banisher_of_hope and @Aelfhe1m i looked at the only stock part i know of that also has no airlock and therefore should not be used for rescue contracts. The only difference i found in its config was the line:

noAutoEVAMulti = True

which i have not seen in other configs until now.
Will add that to the Docking Bay and hope that this is the setting that prevents KPS to use the part for rescue contracts.

I don't think that helps. The Mk 1 Crew Cabin is the only place I've seen that setting but it does have crew hatches (on the front and rear bulkheads) and sometimes appears as a rescue target.

8 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

I don't think that helps. The Mk 1 Crew Cabin is the only place I've seen that setting but it does have crew hatches (on the front and rear bulkheads) and sometimes appears as a rescue target.

Hmm might do the same for the Docking Bay to solve the problem. Adding a crew hatch that can only be used when not conncted to other parts.

10 hours ago, Merkov said:

Out of curiosity, which stock part was that?

It is the MK1 Crew Cabin.

On 8/17/2017 at 8:45 AM, Nils277 said:

Hmm, the "Inoperable" text for the hitch and joint indicate that there has something really gone wrong. Also when unlocking the parts in the hangar it should also have them unlocked in flight.
Can you post a screenshot of your craft as well as the "KSP.log" file from your KSP main directory? (the log as link please)

Also did you take a look at the KSPedia entries for the hitches? They need a strict setup for work properly. 

I'm having the same issue. Launched a rover, can unlock the hitch no problem and it bends. Recover vessel, launch it again, the unlock button is gone and part is inoperable. Very strange.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz7syy4md1x9sjm/output_log.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6ljuupp94lczre/KSP.rar?dl=0

Edited by JeeF

2 hours ago, JeeF said:

I'm having the same issue. Launched a rover, can unlock the hitch no problem and it bends. Recover vessel, launch it again, the unlock button is gone and part is inoperable. Very strange.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz7syy4md1x9sjm/output_log.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6ljuupp94lczre/KSP.rar?dl=0

I saw you use KerbalJointReinforcement, @Rodger found a possible solution to the problem,  maybe it helps you too:

On 24.8.2017 at 3:57 PM, Rodger said:

I just experienced the bellows joint bug too, and found out that you can add this line to the KJR config file:

<string name="exemptModuleType5">ModuleKerbetrotterRotateBetween</string>

just after <string name="exemptModuleType4">ModuleKerbetrotterHitch</string>

And it will work again, without having to remove KJR. So might need KJR to update it's default cfg file to fix it.

Please let mit know if this solves the problem. Will ask ferram4 to add this exempt to KJR then.

On 03/09/2017 at 5:41 PM, Nils277 said:

I saw you use KerbalJointReinforcement, @Rodger found a possible solution to the problem,  maybe it helps you too:

On 24/08/2017 at 2:57 PM, Rodger said:

I just experienced the bellows joint bug too, and found out that you can add this line to the KJR config file:

<string name="exemptModuleType5">ModuleKerbetrotterRotateBetween</string>

just after <string name="exemptModuleType4">ModuleKerbetrotterHitch</string>

And it will work again, without having to remove KJR. So might need KJR to update it's default cfg file to fix it.

Please let mit know if this solves the problem. Will ask ferram4 to add this exempt to KJR then.

I was also having problems with a "frozen" hitch but @Rodger's fix didn't completely solve it for me. I also had to add an additional line to the KJR cfg:

<string name="exemptModuleType6">ModuleKerbetrotterJointHelper</string>

Since adding that a few days ago I've not had any further hitch problems.

Hmm, that is weird...i have tested with a bit around but was not able to reproduce the error....

@LordOfMinecraft99 and @JeeF can you answer me two more questions?

1. Does the error appear when you have KerbalJointReinforcement removed?
  2. Can you name steps that always(or very often) cause the error to appear?

@Aelfhe1m thanks for the hint.

5 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, that is weird...i have tested with a bit around but was not able to reproduce the error....

@LordOfMinecraft99 and @JeeF can you answer me two more questions?

1. Does the error appear when you have KerbalJointReinforcement removed?
  2. Can you name steps that always(or very often) cause the error to appear?

@Aelfhe1m thanks for the hint.

The error does not appear without KJR.

When I go faster than 30m/s, it sometimes snaps into place. That is, assuming it works at all.

The problem is that KJR alters all connection points between the parts. The hitch needes these connection points to keep track of its state. The problem is that it does not only need its own point but also the points of the parts directly connected to it, and these points cannot be ignored by KJR because it might be every part. Will try to take a look at KJR if it has an open API so i can get a reference to the points KJR has removed. @LordOfMinecraft99 the snapping might happen because KJR recycles points and the hitch gets wrong informations. 

So for now i can only suggest to not use KJR when one wants to use the hitch/joint. Fixing this might take a long time, if possible at all.

Edited by Nils277

@LordOfMinecraft99, @Aelfhe1m, @JeeF i might have found a way to prevent this issue. I uploaded a beta with the the fix here: KerbetrotterTools.dll

Can you copy this file into GameData/KerbetrotterLtd/000_KerbetrotterTools/Plugins and try out if this fixes the problem?

Edited by Nils277

5 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@LordOfMinecraft99, @Aelfhe1m, @JeeF i might have found a way to prevent this issue. I uploaded a beta with the the fix here: KerbetrotterTools.dll

Can you copy this file into GameData/KerbetrotterLtd/000_KerbetrotterTools/Plugins and try out if this fixes the problem?

Looks promising. I reinstalled KJR and your new DLL. So far after jumping back and forward to the rover several times and taking it on drives (both manual and BonVoyage controlled) the hitch has remained fully operational.

2 hours ago, mostlydave said:

I think I have just about worn out my F5 key looking for that update!

It's not that far, but it will take another week until all the rought edges are removed. :wink: I wouldn't expect it before the 13.th september.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.