[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

Anyone else having issues getting the active and passive hitches to dock in KSP 1.6.1?  I've created a test environment with nothing but FUR, which BTW is an awesome mod kudos, and I can't seem to get them to dock.

I created a simple two part vessel connected by the hitches (active on the first part, passive on the second).  Loaded it on the runway.  Decoupled the nodes move the first part ahead about 50 meters then backed it back up to the second part and no matter how perfectly I get them aligned they just won't reconnect.  I don't even notice the 'magnetism' that usually occurs with docking.  I'm including my ksp.log file just in case.

ksp.log

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Shaman said:

Anyone else having issues getting the active and passive hitches to dock in KSP 1.6.1?  I've created a test environment with nothing but FUR, which BTW is an awesome mod kudos, and I can't seem to get them to dock.

I created a simple two part vessel connected by the hitches (active on the first part, passive on the second).  Loaded it on the runway.  Decoupled the nodes move the first part ahead about 50 meters then backed it back up to the second part and no matter how perfectly I get them aligned they just won't reconnect.  I don't even notice the 'magnetism' that usually occurs with docking.  I'm including my ksp.log file just in case.

ksp.log

Thanks!

How about a screenshot showing how you set up the rover and hitch?

20 minutes ago, FeersumEndjinn said:

What benefit does the hitch have compared to the bellows joint?  I used the bellows as I can lock it stiff for transport, as my only FUR so far is on Duna :)

You can decouple it. I’ve set up mobile communication outposts and dragged them as a trailer to the right destination, decouple, and I’m in business.

9 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

You can decouple it. I’ve set up mobile communication outposts and dragged them as a trailer to the right destination, decouple, and I’m in business.

Nice!  I think I'll give that a go.  Do you have to add a control panel to the roof once you've unhitched them?  I'm thinking of a mining trailer that I can unhitch and leave?

Awesome thanks!  So it was a id10t error :).   It seems weird that you need to add a little part to the hitch to make it work right.  Why not just incorporate it into the hitch or does it also perform some other function?

16 minutes ago, Shaman said:

Awesome thanks!  So it was a id10t error :).   It seems weird that you need to add a little part to the hitch to make it work right.  Why not just incorporate it into the hitch or does it also perform some other function?

You'll have to check with Nills277 for exact details, but it's probably something like 'the flexible joint can't also be a docking port'.  So there's the flex joint, then a tiny dock, which docks to the larger part on the other side.

It also helps you make sure you aren't trying to dock two flex joints together, which would be a Bad Thing.  ;) 

1) USI updated their config files, your rovers no longer have usi habitation/recycling stats in them.

2) I've always found the lynx habitation stats to be way overpowered. Personally I changed BaseKerbalMonths = 20 to 10 to feel like i'm not cheating.

On 2/5/2019 at 10:35 PM, DStaal said:

You'll have to check with Nills277 for exact details, but it's probably something like 'the flexible joint can't also be a docking port'.  So there's the flex joint, then a tiny dock, which docks to the larger part on the other side.

It also helps you make sure you aren't trying to dock two flex joints together, which would be a Bad Thing.  ;) 

Exactly what @DStaal said :wink:

20 hours ago, dttrtryui said:

I can't get any of the parts to show up in the VAB or SPH but the entry in KSPedia is there. Is there anything I can do?

You have installed FUR not correctly. The KerbetrotterLtd Folder and the KSPModfileLocalizer should be in the GameData directory of KSP. There should be no GameData folder inside the GameData folder. If this does not help, can you post a screenshot of your GameData folder?

5 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

1) USI updated their config files, your rovers no longer have usi habitation/recycling stats in them.

2) I've always found the lynx habitation stats to be way overpowered. Personally I changed BaseKerbalMonths = 20 to 10 to feel like i'm not cheating.

Already working an on update to fix the support. Should be out this week. Will also tweak the settings of the habitation module a bit.

i have seen some issue but i enjoy this much

running ksp 64 windows 10 ver1.6.1

mod version 1.2.9 only mod installed as i like to test all mods in a clean environment first

i noticed the symmetry and radial attachments don't duplicate on the bottom ports on any of the parts that have them meaning you have to manually attach both sides for every hover engine or wheels asemb

also the drill doesn't include a deploy drill option for action groups.

i was able to add the option in by removing a line in the part config file

"displayActions = false"

at line 205 

a few suggestions 

you should make an inline drill so you can use multiple drills on one rover instead of being limited to the 1 or 2, maybe a cargo bay that has a drill come out the sides instead of the rear.

and maybe adding a smaller docking port so you can easily connect to the stock docking ports on already existing bases

other than the few things this is a great mod and will  be added to my list of mods to keep.

• 2 weeks later...

@Nils277

If you wanted to add some stock variants, you can just make the different materials use different named Unity Materials and set the _Color within the variants to give different options (for example, matching the soviet/russian green/orange or what not). https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/173441-partvariant-guide/ The TEXTURE->materialName property sets which unity material it modifies.

I noticed you decided not to use the newer TU cfg I made a while back (link). Do you not want the TU recolorable options available? I was going to work on updating them for the 1.6.1 release of TU, but I want to be sure to do it in the way that you wanted to use.

On 2/27/2019 at 4:15 PM, Electrocutor said:

@Nils277

If you wanted to add some stock variants, you can just make the different materials use different named Unity Materials and set the _Color within the variants to give different options (for example, matching the soviet/russian green/orange or what not). https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/173441-partvariant-guide/ The TEXTURE->materialName property sets which unity material it modifies.

I noticed you decided not to use the newer TU cfg I made a while back (link). Do you not want the TU recolorable options available? I was going to work on updating them for the 1.6.1 release of TU, but I want to be sure to do it in the way that you wanted to use.

Thanks for the info ;)
I think there has been a little misunderstanding regarding the config. I did not incorporate your new configs for TU because i thought you wanted to first finish the configs for the missing parts you listed when you posted the config. I think i send you a list of how the separated meshes are now named ;) 

On 2/27/2019 at 4:34 PM, FeersumEndjinn said:

Any luck figuring out why my rovers bellows joints are doing that?  Also, is there any way to undo this by editing the save file etc?

No luck at all. I tried to play around with the save file, as well as the craft file to find out what is going wrong. I was not able to find out what was causing your problem in the first place and some tries to fix the problem in the save file results in an even greater mess. 
I will try again to fix the issue at least for your save file, so that you can continue. I cannot guarante though that it will not happen again. Hope i can say more ( or have fixed save file in a few days)

On 3/2/2019 at 10:02 AM, Nils277 said:

Thanks for the info ;)
I think there has been a little misunderstanding regarding the config. I did not incorporate your new configs for TU because i thought you wanted to first finish the configs for the missing parts you listed when you posted the config. I think i send you a list of how the separated meshes are now named ;) 

Okay, I updated the download with a couple changes. Let me know if I missed anything. I'll keep working on the 1.6.1 version that adds TU variants (but this will take quite a while, so stick with the basic recolor for now).

[Addendum]

As an aside, someone mentioned to me that KSP 1.7 should contain a quasi-PBR shader that supports emissions.

Edited by Electrocutor

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @Nils277, thanks for this awesome mod! I have it installed for a long time now, but just now I found out how awesome the hover engines are. Unfortunately, they don't work on Duna for me, it complains about missing air. On your screenshot, however, I can see it zip around on Duna. Has that been changed or is there some conflicting mod on my side?

Update to 1.2.10 ~Extraterrestrial Life~

Changelog

Mod Support:

• Update to support the lastest USI-LS version

Download:

oYvtZpW.pngUVVt0OP.pnglMOxt2k.png

@Electrocutor Sounds promising that 1.7 will support emissive version of the shader :)  No time to hurry for the configs

@infinite_monkey I have not changed anything regarding that aspect. Do you have some mods installed that change the atmosphere or flight model (e.g. FAR?)  The hover engines have two modes, on like the jet engines and one with electricity. Have you tried the electric mode of the engines?

@FeersumEndjinn I'm really sorry to tell that but i was unable to fix your problem in the save file in a persistent way. It worked in one case for the first load but any subsequent load had the problem again. :( I'm totally out of ideas and explanations for that... :/ 

On 3/28/2019 at 8:43 AM, Nils277 said:

@infinite_monkey I have not changed anything regarding that aspect. Do you have some mods installed that change the atmosphere or flight model (e.g. FAR?)  The hover engines have two modes, on like the jet engines and one with electricity. Have you tried the electric mode of the engines?

Yes this was using electric mode. I think the problem is with Pathfinder, which introduces Atmosphere and CompressedAir as a resource. Maybe Duna's atmosphere isn't considered as "air". I'll try without Pathfinder, as I don't really use it anyway.

Another question: I can change freight tank contents only inside the SPH, but not in-game. Is this intended behavior or did I mess this up with other mods as well? Yup, was a mod conflict as well, works since I uninstalled Pathfinder.

Edited by infinite_monkey

• 2 weeks later...

Is the drill working for anyone with MKS? I can't use it, and also the rear lights don't work anymore. The only thing I can do is deploying and retractring the drill. I think the reason is the ModuleResourceHarvester_USI module, I'm not sure it's still supported. MKS drills use USI_Harvester and a lot of USI_HarvesterSwapOption

On 4/6/2019 at 10:14 PM, infinite_monkey said:

Is the drill working for anyone with MKS? I can't use it, and also the rear lights don't work anymore. The only thing I can do is deploying and retractring the drill. I think the reason is the ModuleResourceHarvester_USI module, I'm not sure it's still supported. MKS drills use USI_Harvester and a lot of USI_HarvesterSwapOption

Will be fixed in the next version. Forgot that part when i updated the support for the latest MKS.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.