[WIP] [1.3] SpeedUnitDisplay 0.2

ThirdOfSeven

Presenting my first mod for Kerbal Space Program.

Well, almost my, because it is too much inspired by SpeedUnitChanger by @lttito

What it does: noting complicated. No configuration, no buttons, it just changes your Surface speed indicator to this one:

SpeedUnitDisplay.png

Why? IAS is what I'm missing so much in all mods. But no mod show it together with true speed, even FAR. And it is very interesting to know IAS when you play with planes very often. Also I added km/h display to somehow rely on IRL performances without doing simple arithmetics all the time. It is quite small display, probably, so I'm open to any suggestions how to improve it while keeping all information visible to player.

Currently it is unknown if it is working with Ferram Aerospace Research properly (in terms of IAS value).

GitHub: https://github.com/stasikos/SpeedUnitDisplay

Releases page (GitHub): https://github.com/stasikos/SpeedUnitDisplay/releases

License: GPLv3 (derived)

Edited by ThirdOfSeven

2 hours ago, HardCosmosOrg. said:

MOLODEC!

You maked compile on old releses KSP? (1.1.x or 1.0.x) I do not know much English :( Translator to help!

Unfortunately I don't have 1.1.x or 1.0.x version to check. But it doesn't use any complex/new APIs, so, it is probably will compile against.

• 4 months later...

Fixed and recompiled for 1.3. Planning to change way it works by moving speeds out of navball, cause it is quite small place to show so much information. Or make it configurable, probably.

Also, it is obvious, FAR will require another change to get correct values to display.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.