1.3 And More: Confirmed Features

3 hours ago, Garrett Kerman said:

Really? If you read the KSP weekleys and the thread below, you could easily see that all this information has been reatated multiple times and confirmed in the pre-release announcement thread. I try to keep this speculation free.

GK

I have a feeling that @Hay is talking about the predictions and wishes posted by the people not the OP.

21 hours ago, Veeltch said:

I have a feeling that @Hay is talking about the predictions and wishes posted by the people not the OP.

Oh. Thanks. Yeah, I understand how changing this thread's purpose could really confuse some people. In retrospect, that probably wasn't the smartest decision to make. I'll probably close this (after 1.2.9 comes out) and create a new, less confusing thread.

GK

Edited by Garrett Kerman
Clarification

Was there not talk of "something big" coming for either 1.2.9, or 1.3? Since the DLC is a separate purchase from the update, aren't we still in the dark about some big feature for the base game?

3 minutes ago, r4pt0r said:

Was there not talk of "something big" coming for either 1.2.9, or 1.3? Since the DLC is a separate purchase from the update, aren't we still in the dark about some big feature for the base game?

I do not recall if anybody from Squad ever said the "something big" was actually coming in the update or not. I have been assuming that the Mission Maker thing is the something big they discussed.

10 minutes ago, r4pt0r said:

When in doubt, refer to real texts, as it's quite easy to mis-remember things.

On 11/18/2016 at 3:58 PM, SQUAD said:

In like manner, we have began work on design task for future content that we’re really excited about, we will be giving more details in the upcoming weeks.  

On 11/25/2016 at 6:46 PM, SQUAD said:

In like manner we are continuing to look at the Design for future installments, as well as presenting ideas and thoughts to the team. We’re very excited to see what else we can bring to the mix to bring the game into new horizons.

On 12/9/2016 at 6:37 PM, SQUAD said:

As we’ve mentioned in previous editions of KSP weekly, we have been working on some awesome new things which are still in the design phase. We’re sure you’ll really enjoy it, but we are unable to say much publicly about it, yet… You all just have to be patient. But we think that patience will pay off!

On 12/16/2016 at 7:03 PM, SQUAD said:

In like manner the secret design and art work continues, we’re dying to tell you what it’s cooking in the ovens, but you’ll need to be patient!

On 12/23/2016 at 5:52 PM, SQUAD said:

Moreover, the secret designing, artistic and development stuff continues at an excellent pace and it’s looking pretty awesome, but is still a secret, so you’ll need to be patient… for now.

On 1/13/2017 at 7:19 PM, SQUAD said:

We haven’t said much about the latter yet because development is still in the very early stages and we don’t want to fall short on our promises to the community. We’ll release details as things get further along in the cycle and are closer to their end states. That is the reason why the last few KSP Weeklies have been short, simply because most of us are working on this epic (a set of different features in scrum slang) which is still in the early phases, but it is going at full swing.

(I think that was about when the "secret update" updates went dark.)

Conclusion: No, SQUAD did not tell us, "The Secret will be in 1.3." It all reads quite consistently with the secret being the expansion.

5 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

When in doubt, refer to real texts, as it's quite easy to mis-remember things.

(I think that was about when the "secret update" updates went dark.)

Conclusion: No, SQUAD did not tell us, "The Secret will be in 1.3." It all reads quite consistently with the secret being the expansion.

Shame. Thanks for the leg work, Ive been out of the loop for a half year and only recently started checking in.

On 17/03/2017 at 11:25 PM, Veeltch said:

Wow, this sucks. I'm not paying anything for what can already be done with mods.

Good luck making money on that, @SQUAD. You will need it.

I predicted this situation many years ago when I heard there was uproar on the forums about possible paid DLC and Squad promised that if you bought before a certain date you would never have to pay for any DLC, update or expansion so I bought then knowing it would pay off later down the road.

It would appear we are now further down the road from that point.

Looks like the DLC is basically only contract configurator or your favourite contract editor with historic missions (mission manager 2?) and a few parts, one being a rather nice LEM pod and the rest fleshing out gaps in the tree with 1.875m parts.

Like you say, easily reproduced with mods for free.

On 22/01/2017 at 10:29 AM, Veeltch said:

Something overhyped, that's for sure.

It actually is about near future. I remember reading it in one of HarvesteR's blog entries, but it seems it got deleted after one of the great forum purges. He posted it long time ago. Besides, we have the RAPIER engine. It's near future.

Yeah, i believe the SKYLON space plane will have something simular to the R.A.P.I.E.R.S. (i think:huh:)

On 22 March 2017 at 0:46 AM, John FX said:

I predicted this situation many years ago when I heard there was uproar on the forums about possible paid DLC and Squad promised that if you bought before a certain date you would never have to pay for any DLC, update or expansion so I bought then knowing it would pay off later down the road.

It would appear we are now further down the road from that point.

Looks like the DLC is basically only contract configurator or your favourite contract editor with historic missions (mission manager 2?) and a few parts, one being a rather nice LEM pod and the rest fleshing out gaps in the tree with 1.875m parts.

Like you say, easily reproduced with mods for free.

No it's not contracts configurator or contracts based at all. The rest you will have to wait and see. In my opinion a bit early to make those kind of judgment calls.

11 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

No it's not contracts configurator or contracts based at all. The rest you will have to wait and see. In my opinion a bit early to make those kind of judgement calls.

I wasn`t saying it was actually based on that mod, or that the DLC was contract based, I know they are missions not contracts and as such will not work without the DLC, just that the features sound reproducible with either that mod or a mod that works in a similar way. Is there any real world difference between a mission to go to Mun, orbit, land, return, or a contract with the same goals? A rose by any other name...

All I reckon is that, based on the current released information, the DLC seems reproducible with mods and does not really contain `major game-changing sets of features`. This opinion could change in the future when more information comes out about the DLC of course.

To quote Squad, four years ago (almost exactly). "So this is what we mean when we say Expansion Packs for KSP. We’re not talking about small content bundles, we’re talking about major game-changing sets of features, like Multiplayer, or Colonization."

Naturally if it is much more than the currently available information suggests and no existing mod currently reproduces the `major game-changing sets of features`, or be easily adjusted to do so then I will gladly be wrong, it would be better than being right. I will await the next exciting release of information which will surely elaborate on this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.