TX-0001 MiniJet

Tex

Presenting the newest* addition to the TexAir fleet- the TX-0001 MiniJet!

JBiCNpc.jpg?1
*Newest, in this instance, refers to many months old.

This little jet packs a full-size punch. Powered by three Juno .625m jet engines, this mini marvel can easily break the sound barrier under its own power at sea level. In fact, with just a bit of a dive, it can do so on just two engines. Doing it on one engine is still in the testing process.

The MiniJet is equipped with state-of-the-art engine controls that allows the shutdown of either the central engine or both outboard engines simultaneously, allowing the MiniJet to operate on one, two, or three engines depending on the flight conditions. In addition, the MiniJet's wings provide enough lift to enable the aircraft to take off at just around 25 m/s. That's less than highway speed! This also gives the MiniJet the ability to land and take off from a body of water with enough skill.

The one disadvantage it does have in comparison to other larger aircraft is sheer fuel space. However, the MiniJet makes up for this with incredible efficiency, especially on single-engine operation. Maybe this little wonder won't get you around the world, but it'll make a darn good attempt at it.

Fast, agile, powerful, and capable of pulling 30g turns without disintegrating. Truly a staple in any TexAir flight catalog.

Download Here!

Other images:

Spoiler

DtI1pNK.jpg

Spoiler

N8oUi8A.jpg

Spoiler

aaDEoog.jpg

48 minutes ago, Kaiser82 said:

Where can i get one???

Why, I'd be delighted to open up the market, one moment!

EDIT: I have put up a link to KerbalX, where you can download the craft. Fly safe, cadet.

13 hours ago, Tex said:

This little jet packs a full-size punch. Powered by three Juno .625m jet engines, this mini marvel can easily break the sound barrier under its own power at sea level. In fact, with just a bit of a dive, it can do so on just two engines.

How about a version that can go 2 times the speed of sound:

oLBZqkW.jpg

Edited by Swervz

1 hour ago, Tex said:

Looks good, did you just jam more engines onto the original MiniJet?

Yep has one under each wing and on the tail fin. Rear engine needs repositioning slightly to make it a bit more stable but it flew well.

30 minutes ago, Tex said:

So I notice you're 5km up. How about 500m or less, can it perform just as well?

After removing those pesky parachutes I can confirm this is possible. Seriously what's in these things? Lead? Back in my day we didn't have these regulations from government busybodies in the same of "safety". BAH!

zsF5dzE.jpg

Edited by Swervz

Yeah, the parachutes were an option I added after discovering that the jet, though it flew fantastically, had the landing stability of a bouncy ball. You can grease it on the runway if you do it right, but if you need to make an emergency landing, you can pretty much forget about the landing. And having a spine.

Just now, Tex said:

Yeah, the parachutes were an option I added after discovering that the jet, though it flew fantastically, had the landing stability of a bouncy ball. You can grease it on the runway if you do it right, but if you need to make an emergency landing, you can pretty much forget about the landing. And having a spine.

But think of the marketing! Who cares about safety when you can reach such speeds! Again, great craft design, I love it.

QVSHclW.jpg

4 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Will this be making an appearance in the Adventures of Tex Kerman?

It might just do so. I've not been the most diligent with that series, but I don't intend to retire it anytime soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.