[1.6.X] Surface Experiment Pack - Deployable science for KIS/KAS! (v2.7 - 13/Jan/19)

CobaltWolf

@DMagic good to see this is fixed! I'd like to try and get my Fallen Kerbonaut statue in game before we make a new release. The thing consumes basically no RAM, but I'd like it to just be a little boondoggle you can take out and drop on the surface. Hopefully without exploding...

WdD6W8y.pngFallen_Astronautsm.jpg

19 minutes ago, DMagic said:

Can someone confirm the fix for Module Manager changes for experiment definitions is:

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[id]

to

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[id]

Hey DMagic. Change your syntax to:

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#id[yourexperiment]]

@DMagic Sarbian also said that you should use FOOBAR, * to select all nodes. So it might depend on what you are trying to achieve. 

On 12/7/2017 at 10:07 AM, sarbian said:

No plan to change it since the manual always was perfectly clear :

"This means that FOOBAR[*] will not select all nodes of type FOOBAR, but all nodes of type FOOBAR which have a defined "name" field. (If you want to select all FOOBAR nodes, use FOOBAR,*.)"

It was a bug in versions before 3.0. I guess it was added at some point with a new feature

I've tried multiple times and whenever I attach a plug to the Interior Heat Probe it explodes.   Anyone else having this problem?

pg0XMHG.png

Hk8KquK.png

[LOG 09:50:43.450] 2/3/2018 9:50:43 AM,AmpYear,AYController onVesselDestroy:SEP.IHP (21122b98-bca8-4641-a172-314fb3c7e6a6)
[LOG 09:50:43.451] IR: [ServoController] OnVesselUnloaded, v=SEP-T03 Interior Heat Probe
[LOG 09:50:43.491] 1 explosions created.
[EXC 09:50:43.515] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KIS.KIS_Shared+<WaitAndCouple>d__2.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[LOG 09:50:44.168] SCREENSHOT!!

KSP log  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_CHU-gf12FStFj-NMSsxo5ykRWMk_U7X

outlut log https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DZZ5eTc3c8590Q_eipRgxuCeTZxEMTp-

Edited by eberkain

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - has the RemoteTech issue been solved at all? I have a station set up on the Mun to automatically transmit with four experiments. RemoteTech has LoS to it and says that it is connected but the SEP UI indicates no bars for that particular science module. Is there any workaroudn?

https://imgur.com/QWNg0xD

https://imgur.com/vWupEkf

EDIT: Okay - looking back through the science archives, it does seem that I received some science for the seismic experiment - 48 to be exact. But it looks like I haven't gotten anything for the Laser Rangefinder and I've gotten no active notifications that science was transmitted. Both of those experiments just read as "complete". 

EDIT 2: Set up a base on Minmus. This time I saw transmission reports for several experiments but once again it seems I only received data from one or two of them. 

Edited by SylvesterVT

On 2/3/2018 at 10:35 AM, eberkain said:

I've tried multiple times and whenever I attach a plug to the Interior Heat Probe it explodes.   Anyone else having this problem?

The same thing happened to me twice before I realized that I was using the KIS electric screwdriver to attach the plug.  When I used the SEP Port Attachment Tool the issue was fixed.  I've successfully set up four Interior Heat Probes on the Mun and Minmus.  Hope this helps!  :)

1 hour ago, Korbit said:

The same thing happened to me twice before I realized that I was using the KIS electric screwdriver to attach the plug.  When I used the SEP Port Attachment Tool the issue was fixed.  I've successfully set up four Interior Heat Probes on the Mun and Minmus.  Hope this helps!  :)

I was trying to do it on Kerbin, when I do a mun landing I will take one but I was never able to get it to work, all the rest of the experiments work fine. 

On 2/3/2018 at 10:35 AM, eberkain said:

I haven't see this recently, but there were problems like this for a while.  First off, make sure you have the most recent version of the mod.  Secondly, can you try putting the Heat Probe on top of a KIS ground-attachment base?  (Back when I was having similar problems, it was typically due to interactions between the colliders of the part, the plug, and the ground.)

Whenever I try to install this mod it crashes my game. I know it's this mod because when I load the game with it, it crashes. When without the mod, it's just fine. I can't figure it out. I'm really bummed because I really really like this mod and want to use it for my Minmus supply drop. Are there certain mods that are not compatible with this?

I can provide a screenshot of my GameData folder or crash report if needed.

10 hours ago, Ather said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but can I attach a power cord directly to my ship? or am I stuck using the SEP solar panels?

as far as I know, nothing will stop you. You might need to make sure your ship has an attach node (cubic octogonal strut?) though, but apart from that... :)

Easier than that - Feline Utility Rovers and Planetary Base Systems both have parts that substitute for the central station (the KPBS one can even mount in a rack that fits a 2.5m profile), and Pathfinder offers many parts with built-in plug receptacles (IIRC), as it uses the same size for electrical cables.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.