"My first KSP screenshot"

Triop

I apologize for the long post, I got too caught up in nostalgia and did not just my first screenshot, but a lot of the early ones.

My first ever screenshot:

CWpZ8iX.png

Oh, old times! 0.19! When I had a bricklike laptop to play KSP on! Remember when the small SAS was a 1.25m part? Or when the small nose cone looked like that? Or before the thud retexture?

What was I thinking? Thuds as an LES with 20 units of fuel?

While I'm at it, second screenshot:

T43KNBa.png

My first Mun landing! Oh, the quality of the textures I had on that brick laptop! I remember thinking I didn't have enough fuel to get home... but now I know about DV and I probably did!

8nFyDFH.png

Note: The bricklike PC had a rock for a graphics card. Whenever re-entry effects appeared it just said "NOPE, I'M OUTTA HERE!" and turned the entire ship hot pink!

x6ABN3q.png

^^^ Me doing what everyone did when 0.19 came out.

D9xelEO.png

^^^ When I realized that communotrons were hexagons in disguise.

UNT2iLO.png

An... interesting... failure.

kC6rfeV.png

My first anomaly!

Sorry, I went a bit beyond the scope of the thread. But this is soooooooo much fun!

And I'm going to keep going: My next computer was slightly less of a brick.

First Eve probe:

3Vyp6YQ.png

First manned Minmus landing:

r9tGTK0.png

First docking (amazingly before my first Kerballed Mun landing):

5wbm0Tq.png

And my horribly overbuilt, first Kerballed Mun landing:

D5fphCU.png

First Jool mission:

PVCI1wu.png

Also, it landed on Laythe:

tEJR1iq.png

Oh, back when NERVA's used oxidizer!

First Duna probe:

zo3kj33.png

And a lot of trajectory weirdness:

FJ8oRg5.png

I could go on forever looking back through my dozens of screenshot folders, but for the thread's sake, I won't. I think I've derailed it enough already.

Although busy since 0.16 apparently I wasn't very interested in taking screenshots. The first one is from 0.18.1, December 5th 2012.

Fck9Hlw.png

After that I took a total of maybe 10 screenshots until 0.23.5 and I suddenly got the virus. Nowadays I have tens of thousands of screenshots (and my F1 key is still working!)

This one is from April 14th, 2014. The first one even remotely interesting.

4gSiSQ8.png

While these definitely aren't the first Imgur uploads (I'm still rather new to that) I still have some of my old 0.20.2 screenshots.

x3JC7nV.png
My very first craft to make it to orbit (and one of my first craft full stop): a simple (and rather overpowered) orbiter called Ikon.

izOQRFN.png
First docking, again with the Ikon craft. It actually wasn't that hard for me although the interface took a bit of getting used to (ex-orbiter player, not a very good one but I could rendezvous and dock).

iLOWGXc.png
Yet another Ikon mission (the very next one in fact) and my first Munar flyby (a free-return trajectory if I remember correctly), it didn't get much closer however.

iS1noee.png
And finally, the mission I remember the most, my first landing of Kerbals on another world: Minmus. Unfortunately this has the distinction of my first real fatality, I forget the guy's name but he flew to do some surveying and on the way back came in too fast and ... I'm not sure what happened, glitch or just plain hitting the lander, he ragdolled and disintegrated after switching back to him and the lander just, broke, stranding the Kerbals on Minmus.
This was my last 0.20.2 mission, 0.21 came along not long after (come to think of it, I first played rather late into 0.20's run).

Aku

Mkt2mVQ.jpg

This was the first screenshot I uploaded to imgur, back from the demo version. My dad said I could get the full version once I made it to orbit in the demo, and this was the ship that did it.

e3LSh5H.jpg

This was my first replica craft.

NV2s87N.png

My absolute behemoth of a Duna mission. I knew nothing about aesthetics or the Oberth effect. I captured into a 5,000km orbit, then lowered my orbit instead of capturing directly into a 200km orbit.

gwYGbLZ.png

My first SSTO. For some reason, I decided to have it land on only two wheels, requiring a U-2 like landing sequence.

Fl290Sx.png

My second SSTO. I made a U-2 and got the apoapsis to 85km on jets alone. I then swapped the turbojets for rapiers and made orbit.

2 hours ago, Servo said:

My first SSTO. For some reason, I decided to have it land on only two wheels, requiring a U-2 like landing sequence.

I know what I'm doing today!

EDIT: After I launch another model rocket. First non-windy clear day I've had in a long time!

Edited by Ultimate Steve

27 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Do not even type that word. :wink:

(off-topic post)

Well, if it interests you, the onboard camera failed to activate, as well as the onboard altimeter, and the rocket arced right over my head and hit the ground straight downward before the ejection charge even fired. That would have been okay, if any of the cameras had actually caught it hitting the ground...

Second worst failure I've ever had launching rockets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.