[Mod] T-942! Working tank with stationary rotation!

First of all, I'd like to thank @ghostbuzzer7 very much for giving me an idea with his tank drive. The wheels and their mechanism are entirely based on his works, and he should get credit for that amazing idea.

After seeing his Strv 103 tank on this thread, I had the idea to upscale the mechanism for an actual modded tank with more armor, for @HatBat's military series. It took me quite a while to get it right, but I found that, by removing friction on all but the three center wheels, the tank could spin easier than if all wheels were used. Below is a video demonstrating the rotation capability. Sorry for the low FPS, I'm literally running on a computer weaker than some of the newer smart phones.

Of course, this vehicle requires BDArmory continued. I've used KER in my game, but it's not required.

Also note that, like in the ghostbuzzer's Strv, the W and S key do not move the vehicle forwards. W turns the tank left, and S right. You can still use A and D for steering at higher speeds. As seen in the video, the turning mechanism sometimes bugs out and makes the vehicle stop. You can fix that by turning in the other direction, and then back into the desired one.

Armament is composed of a single M1 turret coupled with a twin 12.7mm machine gun mounted ontop. Since the wheels can only be used for rotation, forward and reverse are controlled by the throttle and by reversing thrust from the engine. Maximum speed is around 30-35 m/s.

Bindings:

1. Fire weapon
  2. Next weapon
  3. Toggle engine reverse speed
  4. Nothing
  5. Toggle solar panels

And yes, the almighty Download

Edited by NotAnAimbot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.