[TextureReplacer] USI Kolonization Class Suits

fast_de_la_speed

akwaM8b.png

Kolonization Suits

An extension to Scart91's Class Suits

While playing KSP with USI's Kolonization installed, I noticed that the extra classes it adds were registered in TextureReplacer. Because I did not want every kerbal to go unidentified, I created an extension to Scart91's Class Suits mod that has customized suits for the 9 extra classes that Kolonization introduces (it also has a tourist suit).

By using Scart91's suits as a base, a simple hue shift in Photoshop, and some custom icons, 9 beautiful suits were added to the Kerbal wardrobe. Take a look below.

From left to right, Quartermaster, Medic, Farmer, Geologist, Biologist, Mechanic, Technician, Miner, Kolonist, Engineer, Scientist, and two pilots wearing the tourist suits (it's IVA only, though, because tourists aren't allowed to leave the ship), plus the new Scout suit (added in v1.1).

Spoiler

ONrRlwb.png

y41sHj1.png

PpELy0o.png

vXXdVNe.png

Update 1.1 now includes custom icon for Portrait Stats!

Spoiler

rJCgI3j.png

OYCCQuQ.png

aUPaJad.png

gVXI5cl.png

Download

The download includes the new suits, as well as the originals from Scart91. Extract into Gamedata, and launch the game.

YOU MUST HAVE USI KOLONIZATION AND TEXTURE REPLACER REPLACED INSTALLED. If not, this is a pretty way to waste 27mb.

Then, at the space center scene, click the TextureReplacer button in the toolbar, and assign each suit to the respective class.

Click "reset defaults" in the suits configuration window in game to see the changes after upgrading to the latest update, 1.1b

Spacedock

License

Do what you like, but please give credit to Scart91 (for the original class suits) and I (for the added ones).

If there are any issues don't hesitate to message me here on the forums.

Edited by fast_de_la_speed

Thanks for this mod, it looks very nice.

I have a couple of question though :

• In the download, for each suit type, you have a EVAhelmet.jpg that look identical to kerbalHelmetGrey.jpg, same thing for EVAtexture.jpg and kerbalMainGrey.jpg. May I ask what it is for ? The other suit pack I've downloaded only has 2 textures (plus normal map)
  • I play with the mod Portrait Stats which add a icon for kerbal profession on the kerbal's portrait, it recently get updated to support the new profession of MKS but its icon don't match yours. Hopefully they can be changed via MM, would you consider adding yours icon, along with the MM patch to this mod ? I can write the MM patch for you if needed. (I think the icon must be in .dds, 28px*28px and in black and white (the color is added with the patch)

3 hours ago, Li0n said:

Thanks for this mod, it looks very nice.

I have a couple of question though :

• In the download, for each suit type, you have a EVAhelmet.jpg that look identical to kerbalHelmetGrey.jpg, same thing for EVAtexture.jpg and kerbalMainGrey.jpg. May I ask what it is for ? The other suit pack I've downloaded only has 2 textures (plus normal map)
  • I play with the mod Portrait Stats which add a icon for kerbal profession on the kerbal's portrait, it recently get updated to support the new profession of MKS but its icon don't match yours. Hopefully they can be changed via MM, would you consider adding yours icon, along with the MM patch to this mod ? I can write the MM patch for you if needed. (I think the icon must be in .dds, 28px*28px and in black and white (the color is added with the patch)

1) kerbalHelmetGrey/kerbalMainGrey is for internal views and when you enable texture replacer to switch the suits in a breathable atmosphere

2) when I get the chance sure, shouldn't take too long

27 minutes ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

Sure, I can't write module manager for dirt    

Will do, tomorrow. Just a thing, where will you put the icon and with which name ? An "icon.dds" in each suits's folder ?

The MM patch is here.

It assume the path to the icons are like : "GameData/TextureReplacer/Suits/#skill#/icon.dds".

The icon from PortraitStats looks upside down (when viewed in explorer with Win10), I imagine you need to turn yours too. It will be better if you could download PortraitStats and look how its icon are set.

Last, you don't have a suit for scout so I used the pilot icon from PortraitStats for them, if you do one I'll update the patch.

Edit : you use a red cross as symbol for the medic class, do you feel like a war criminal ?

Edited by Li0n
Geneva Conventions

1 hour ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

@Li0n

The Scout doesn't appear in texturereplacer. I can probably mess around and try and get it to work but I don't know.

Strange as I assume it's, basically, the same as the others. Maybe you should report it to TextureReplacer 's dev ?

2 minutes ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

@Li0n

I could probably set it as the deafult suit so any kerbal without a custom suit (the Scout) would be default, which would be the Scout suit

Not sure I understand, can you load the scout's texture in TextureReplacer ? If not how can you make it the default suit ?

1 minute ago, Li0n said:

Not sure I understand, can you load the scout's texture in TextureReplacer ? If not how can you make it the default suit ?

kerbals in KSP are all supposed to have 1 suit: the default suit. Textureplacer adds the option to customize suits for kerbals, but if you don't have a suit for a kerbal, they get the default suit. So, since every kerbal except the Scout will have a suit, the only suit left (the default suit) will be used by the Scout. So therefore, the default suit can be the Scout suit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks for the suits.

I've done a Texture Replacer cfg for them to avoid to add it by hand. Here it is (GDrive) if you want it.

For a new game : just put the file in the Texture Replacer folder.

For existing save : backup your save, open the persistent.sfs and look for ClassSuits, paste the lines from ClassSuits block in the KolonisationClassSuitsSettings.cfg to the ClassSuits block of the sfs, save, play.

See you,

Vive_moi

Edited by Vive_moi

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

I'm not sure you posted this in the right topic but no I don't experience this. maybe your resolution/display is not wide enough? mine is 16:10 1680*1050 and I don't have this problem

I might be in the wrong spot, so I'm looking through my mods for the one that introduced the class system and I think it's either this one or the USI MKS Kolonizaiton mod and I didn't see anything about the classes in the "added features" section. So, i'm assuming it's this mod that did so.

P.S. - This overlap just popped up, because I have perused the class system before and it's looked fine.

Edited by ItsSeanBroleson
Postscript

1 minute ago, ItsSeanBroleson said:

I might be in the wrong spot, so I'm looking through my mods for the one that introduced the class system and I think it's either this one or the USI MKS Kolonizaiton mod and I didn't see anything about the classes in the "added features" section. So, i'm assuming it's this mod that did so.

no, the MKS mod does indeed add the extra classes, all this does is give them some fancy threads so you can tell them apart and give them some original looks. MKS thread here

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.