[1.2.2] Kerbal Aircraft Expansion (KAX) v2.6.4

keptin

Is there any way to add toggle VTOL to Jump Jet engine through config changing / MM? I want to do a Harrier replica and this model is perfect for the Pegasus engine nozzles, but the engine itself cannot be toggled to change from horizontal to vertical :(

Edited by lttito

27 minutes ago, lttito said:

Is there any way to add toggle VTOL to Jump Jet engine through config changing / MM? I want to do a Harrier replica and this model is perfect for the Pegasus engine nozzles, but the engine itself cannot be toggled to change from horizontal to vertical :(

You just need to attach them to a rotatron. They don't rotate on their own. I assume adding that function would require a total rework of the model.

27 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

You just need to attach them to a rotatron. They don't rotate on their own. I assume adding that function would require a total rework of the model.

Didnt think about the rotatrons. Thanks for the idea.

5 minutes ago, lttito said:

Didnt think about the rotatrons. Thanks for the idea.

Just make sure you are using the correct IR and KJR if you have them both, and make sure you don't autostrut the rotatrons or the engines or nothing will move.

I can verify its working for 1.3, with manually installed current versions of the dependencies... EXCEPT the electric prop is not loading for me... (I didnt take much time to investigate it, as this is in a dev install, where I only installed KAX to check compatability with another mod... So I just removed the electric prop folder... :P )

Edited by Stone Blue

7 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

I can verify its working for 1.3, with manually installed current versions of the dependencies... EXCEPT the electric prop is not loading for me... (I didnt take much time to investigate it, as this is in a dev install, where I only installed KAX to check compatability with another mod... So I just removed the electric prop folder... :P )

Loaded fine for me be sure you got a resource folder in your firespitter folder so you have the resource FSCoolant

Edited by Mecripp2

• 2 weeks later...

It's been quite awhile and no word from Keptin, nor any word of anyone else taking up this mod's torch. I dearly hope this won't be consigned to the Isle of Forgotten Mods as I still consider it the best propeller engine mod around; all respect to Blackheart and the Airplane Plus set, but I just cannot for the life of me design a plane that actually flies using those engines, whereas most any design I've tried with a KAX prop on the nose takes off like a dream.

All we need is for someone to fix the sound bug. Most of this mod is still solid and probably doesn't need altering at all. Please, won't someone take up the call?

On 8/1/2017 at 5:07 PM, MeCripp said:

Loaded fine for me be sure you got a resource folder in your firespitter folder so you have the resource FSCoolant

58 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

Now it's this. 

Check out your Firespitter folder to make sure there's a /resource in it -- if you're using CKAN, there was a separate "Firespitter Resources" item you could install for just this purpose.

1 minute ago, Beetlecat said:

Check out your Firespitter folder to make sure there's a /resource in it -- if you're using CKAN, there was a separate "Firespitter Resources" item you could install for just this purpose.

I don't use Chan because I have a Mac and it does not crash, It just stops there :(

6 hours ago, Trekkie148 said:

I don't use Chan because I have a Mac and it does not crash, It just stops there :(

That part it'd stopping on needs the Resources file that's in Firespitter folder if you just downloaded the new Firespitter plugin your missing the folder just download the whole new Firespitter and you can delete all the parts

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would really like to get some good electric aircraft parts together. Various size electric motors and props. Maybe a folding prop? Maybe a retractable motor pod for gliders? This should be combined with realistic (kerbalistic?) power, weight, and efficiencies. Including possibly some new battery parts or re-working the electric systems so flight times are realistic. I would like to use with RSS, RO, FAR, etc... I have lots of real world data on electric systems if someone wants to help craft/modify some parts to suit...

Edited by g00bd0g

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/09/2017 at 5:48 PM, inigma said:

Hey @keptin I'm back re-developing GAP. Are you still around for KAX?

GAP is essential! Please do keep developing it!

Now, for something completelly different...

I've been using KAX for some 2 years now. And the HORIZON cockpit IVA always had an issue, regardless of what version or game build I was using. The problem is that in IVA, you can't look through the window. There is a sort of a big oval shape thing there, where the instrument pannel should be, messing everything. Is this a known issue? is there a workaround it?

Edited by Daniel Prates