[1.2.2] Kerbal Aircraft Expansion (KAX) v2.6.4

keptin

On 9/8/2017 at 1:48 PM, inigma said:

Hey @keptin I'm back re-developing GAP. Are you still around for KAX?

9 hours ago, dundun93 said:

@keptin, will you ever continue KAX?

Hey guys, probably not, honestly. I a lot of my work is basically game developing, so modding feels a bit like work. I want to pass the torch to someone who will run with it.

@keptin Given what you just said, for future reference:

My understanding is that KAX is just a parts pack with a plugin-dependency in the form of FireSpitter. I'm guessing KAX will work for the foreseeable future assuming:

1. The FireSpitter plugin is updated to support future KSP versions (and players actually update it properly...) and
  2. KSP's codebase doesn't change (once again) in how it handles models (like how I think 1.0.5 switched to convex-only colliders or something or 1.1 handled wheels/legs.)

Anything else should be maintainable by the player-base if you ever drop KAX completely, no? (Like config changes.)

If you do actually abandon KAX, have you considered changing the license so another modder or the KSP community can adopt it for at least maintenance and distribution, if not further development?

On 10/8/2017 at 1:11 AM, keptin said:

Hey guys, probably not, honestly. I a lot of my work is basically game developing, so modding feels a bit like work. I want to pass the torch to someone who will run with it.

I understand.

Hi all! SpannerMonkey has offered to take over maintenance & management of KAX and I'm taking him up on it. We've agreed to keep the KAX name, but he has my permission to continue development as he and his team sees fit. KAX will be in good hands, and development will certainly be more active than I've been over the past year. I hope you've enjoyed the mod and will continue to enjoy it under new management.

All the best,

-Kep