Coyote Space Industries - Dboi's Dev Thread

dboi88

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

That telescope looks like a cannon...  :wink:

Who said it wasn't a cannon? :wink: 

I've discovered sharp and smooth edges last night, so it looks like this now.

JtJCIQR.png

Instead of this

kwBFraj.png

Edited by dboi88

Just now, flywlyx said:

This freight looks awesome! So is it a SSTO freight or we could get a even more awesome detachable booster?

That made me laugh out loud, truly, i hadn't considered flying it into orbit! You're a crazy :confused:. The pictures in OP were with gravity hack turned on so i could test it. But yeah if you want to fly it into orbit i bet you could!

It's an endgame craft so I always planned on using a construction mod to build it in orbit. I was planning on completely nerfing the engines in atmosphere as a way of balancing how powerful and efficient they need to be to move 3000tons of freight. So you could always just tweak that one setting to turn it into an SSTO

31 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

That made me laugh out loud, truly, i hadn't considered flying it into orbit! You're a crazy :confused:. The pictures in OP were with gravity hack turned on so i could test it. But yeah if you want to fly it into orbit i bet you could!

It's an endgame craft so I always planned on using a construction mod to build it in orbit. I was planning on completely nerfing the engines in atmosphere as a way of balancing how powerful and efficient they need to be to move 3000tons of freight. So you could always just tweak that one setting to turn it into an SSTO

Note that MKS is moving away from EL to Ground Construction - which can't build in orbit, only on a surface.   Now, that doesn't mean you have to build it on *Kerbin* - I'm working on a shipyard on Minmus for building otherwise orbit-only craft - but it does have to be launched from *someplace*.

42 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

So I need to make a booster myself, not a big deal:cool:

9 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Note that MKS is moving away from EL to Ground Construction - which can't build in orbit, only on a surface.   Now, that doesn't mean you have to build it on *Kerbin* - I'm working on a shipyard on Minmus for building otherwise orbit-only craft - but it does have to be launched from *someplace*.

I always have problem using MKS with EL, changing to GC might be a good news to me. But to be honest, I don't want to deliver anything to the colony from KSC, it is too far away in most of the planet pack MOD.

Finished the texturing work on the detail pieces tonight. I've made loads of little bits and some structural stuff that i can use to make all sorts of different things.

gbM7qft.pngQqIfFh5.pnggpgUuUm.pngkwv9dYf.pngVQePFlb.png

We've got stockalike machinery/science/batteries, a KSPB style telescope and and MKS shaped machinery/airlock. It's going to fit along nicely with my career saves.

Here's some examples of the detail pieces in use.

See how i can build up quite complex looking objects with no messing around unwrapping or texturing.

0e3FDrq.png6d5hpir.png

Some of the bigger pieces

Y9tAvg9.pngijoRSRW.png

The hatch.

emeLNGa.png

The orange 'ranger' style back will only be used on the internal space with permission from RD I'll just be using the detail pieces. Just to also clarify where objects look stock/KPBS/USI they are all my original models and textures designed to fit with those mods.

1 hour ago, Kombat engineer said:

How about a probe core.

It'll have a control core in the command pod.

18 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

would the greenhouse work with a LS mod? Also, how many Kerbals would this hold without any extra crew modules? (just the main ship).

Yes it'll work with USI-LS primarily but i can include configs to use them in any LS mod. Crew capacity is going to be 3 in the command pod and 4 in the freighter body (they'll be separate parts).

The base texture for the outer crewed sections is done just need to do the greenhouse/cupola sections which will be much less work as i can copy almost everything, should be pretty smooth sailing from here on in. Just assembling modules from all the parts, doing custom AO bakes for any panel with an object on it and decals for each module. Then to work on the freighter!

3d Model https://skfb.ly/6n6CS

unknown.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.