Coyote Space Industries - Dboi's Dev Thread

dboi88

Thanks to you @dboi88 i have a real itchy feeling in my fingertips to lay my hands at this sweatheart and misuse her as a colonyseeder. Great Job! 

And dont burn you out, a 'lill break will give you more inspiration (?) maybe:wink:

At the moment you are a maincook in many restaurants :D

God speed

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

@Urses @RoverDude @plausse Thank you for your kind words, they help to keep me motivated.

Ok, so after some discussion with @Nertea and @Angel-125 I've decided to take their advice and redo the rear engine mount/engine and command pod completely.

My skills have come a long way since i modeled them a few months ago and i can do much better.

The engines are going to be more sci-fi orientated, something like this.

f427e711c4b8553eb0f6c79108e58d50.jpg

I'm not sure on the exterior of the command pod yet but i'm going to base the shape around having a IVA command deck with this sort of layout.

oGz92.jpg 

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

I like it - although realistically the windows wouldn't be very useful, except possibly for docking maneuvers.  But Kerbals like windows.  It's a well-known fact.  :wink:

Got to justify those hab multipliers somehow :wink: 

27 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

@Urses @RoverDude @plausse Thank you for your kind words, they help to keep me motivated.

Ok, so after some discussion with @Nertea and @Angel-125 I've decided to take their advice and redo the rear engine mount/engine and command pod completely.

My skills have come a long way since i modeled them a few months ago and i can do much better.

The engines are going to be more sci-fi orientated, something like this.

f427e711c4b8553eb0f6c79108e58d50.jpg

I'm not sure on the exterior of the command pod yet but i'm going to base the shape around having a IVA command deck with this sort of layout.

oGz92.jpg 

This ship needs a bridge. Not a pod. A proper bridge.

Really amazing work, I don't know if I have a capability to make something even close to this quality.

Since your work is close to a finishing stage, I think I should start considering more details.

To make a booster, my 1st question is:Where is the center of mass and center of the thrust?
The unsymmetrical design looks perfect, but different cargo weights different, unless the COM of the ship is align with the COM of cargoes, you will have problem of balancing them.

Edited by flywlyx

The COM of the rear truss and the main freighter body will be adjusted via cfg's to match the COM and center of thrust of the engine. Then the magic of USI-Tools comes in(a dependency). There is a function in there that transfers the weight of enabled 'leaf' parts (parts at the end of a the crafts part tree) into enabled central parts. So all the weight of the Kontainers, the weight of the interchangable modules and anything you put in the hanger bays using Allista's hanger mod will automatically be moved to the COM of the whole vessel. 

TLDR you'll never have to worry about balancing the COM & there will be a corresponding attach node on the end for attaching a booster that will be aligned along the COM :D 

Ok i'm about finished with the main texture for the engine, just getting to work on the bump maps and then i'm going to make my first spec map.

icGuga0.pngwpiKkND.pngJUopsvT.png

And with the bump map

bgb3RMx.png

fMufCug.png

Edited by dboi88

17 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

what's the medbays use? also, will the greenhouses work with USI LS? (I'm assuming they will since this was made for MKS in mind, but just wanted to make sure).

Yeah it's designed to sit squarely in the USI universe. The medbay will have the same function as the medbays in USI-MKS, all the modules are based around the MKS equivalents. :D 

53 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

Ok i'm about finished with the main texture for the engine, just getting to work on the bump maps and then i'm going to make my first spec map.

Are you sleeping sometimes? :)

I wish i has 10% of your skil... they look beautiful.... i lift my hat for you. (And i'm on best Way to need them) 

Oh one more are the engines one block or are we able to switch the Propulsion method? You mentioned one spezial Engine. I think of Massdriver or Alcubiere Drive(tweacksacaled) USI -Constelation Stile?

Godspeed!

Urses

Edited by Urses

8 hours ago, Urses said:

Are you sleeping sometimes? :)

I wish i has 10% of your skil... they look beautiful.... i lift my hat for you. (And i'm on best Way to need them) 

Oh one more are the engines one block or are we able to switch the Propulsion method? You mentioned one spezial Engine. I think of Massdriver or Alcubiere Drive(tweacksacaled) USI -Constelation Stile?

Godspeed!

Urses

Lol yes, I sleep lots, i've been a ill for a few days so not really got as much done as i'd hoped, i wanted to have started the command pod by now.

The engine will be one part to start with. I plan on an initial release based on what I've been doing so far, then once I've had a chance to play with it and have feed back i'll do a second release with a set of adapters and anything else that might be required. SO currently for the second release i have planned.

• Rear truss for round usi tanks
  • Short rear truss (for no tanks/kontainers)
  • Engine mount

Ty and realy Great News. And for a ability to sort your parts a Modelnumber

Like A for Standard and B for Upgrade Version.

Short Truce Sounds pretty. For Automated Harvesters.... slap some on go in Low Orbit and Release a "Steel Rain" :wink:

Great News  <3

20 hours ago, dboi88 said:

Yeah it's designed to sit squarely in the USI universe. The medbay will have the same function as the medbays in USI-MKS, all the modules are based around the MKS equivalents. :D 

If I use just the USI LS mod without MKS, do you know if it will still work? I like USI LS but MKS gets too complicated for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.