Coyote Space Industries - Dboi's Dev Thread

dboi88

@dboi88 watching the renders made my brain hurt again with ideas about how I can use it as an abusement framework of how it was not intended to be used, but I have a silly question as I know Roverdude some times does it to his parts and the standard KIS container:
Will there be any sort of collision detection between parts that could generate phantom torque or just parts start to wiggling out of control and explode?
I know the obvious answer would be "no", but if I may please ask to keep an eye out for clipping weirdness while bringing the parts to life in KSP that would be really appriciated :D

The idea popped into my head to use 4 frames (5 would look cool, but symmetry... :)) as a frame that would give heaps of realestate to use as a massive interplanetary freighter, carrier, knowing myself a large spare parts hauler and even as a colony ship turning it basically into a massive HAB center as I've started a 10x GPP with everything decades away :D

Spoiler

Ignore my masterwork drawing, just the basic idea :)
0OP68aX.png

edit; I agree with the idea to release the parts first and then work on the IVA, obviously :cool: 

Edited by Kamuchi

1 hour ago, Kamuchi said:

@dboi88 watching the renders made my brain hurt again with ideas about how I can use it as an abusement framework of how it was not intended to be used, but I have a silly question as I know Roverdude some times does it to his parts and the standard KIS container:
Will there be any sort of collision detection between parts that could generate phantom torque or just parts start to wiggling out of control and explode?
I know the obvious answer would be "no", but if I may please ask to keep an eye out for clipping weirdness while bringing the parts to life in KSP that would be really appriciated :D

The idea popped into my head to use 4 frames (5 would look cool, but symmetry... :)) as a frame that would give heaps of realestate to use as a massive interplanetary freighter, carrier, knowing myself a large spare parts hauler and even as a colony ship turning it basically into a massive HAB center as I've started a 10x GPP with everything decades away :D

Reveal hidden contents

Ignore my masterwork drawing, just the basic idea :)
0OP68aX.png

edit; I agree with the idea to release the parts first and then work on the IVA, obviously :cool: 

There shouldn't be any issues, as there shouldn't be any need for colliders that overlap. I'll certainly keep my eye on it as i go.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean in regards to your diagrams but i'm looking forward to seeing what people do with these parts :D a big fighter carrier is something i'm excited about seeing.

15 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

There shouldn't be any issues, as there shouldn't be any need for colliders that overlap. I'll certainly keep my eye on it as i go.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean in regards to your diagrams but i'm looking forward to seeing what people do with these parts :D a big fighter carrier is something i'm excited about seeing.

Idea was to use multiple hulls in radial around a central core, you would get something like this with container&modules on both exis:

Spoiler

f885794dfdeff7260191cd0894cfeba3.jpg
LAdAgXV.png

and looking at all the scifi pics, using 2 hulls next to eachother and build custom cargo pods or tweakscale kontainers to massive sizes, this would be looking pretty sweet aswel :D

Spoiler

q_ship_by_mikedoscher-d8lwui4.jpg

Got a few more ideas with MKS/PBS/modded part designs already :P

Edited by Kamuchi

5 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Wow!.... Nice...

And I'm going to have to talk to you about that interior lighting, Soon™... :P

:thumbsup:

Yeah i don't know what i'm doing with lights, they behave strangely there is some dark magic behind them i'm sure.

21 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

Yeah i don't know what i'm doing with lights, they behave strangely there is some dark magic behind them i'm sure.

Hmm if i am not wrong you have to look at Nills tread he has some light problems too but he get a work around. 

Maybe you find a Trail there?

Urses

PS: i dont know Why but i though of a Helicopter without backfan on your Engine testing. I hope you had enough Buckets for Jeb and company:D

Just now, Stone Blue said:

heh... no... I mean that looks GOOD... I will want to know if you did anything "special", to get the localized and glossy/shiny look... :P

Ohh, fair enough lol, it bothers me that the ceiling isn't lit up i think i'm going to add some dimmer spots shining back up to try and fix that, and some of the lights don't always show properly, the shiny look comes from the spec map on the glass and some point lights along the ceiling. This is still missing it's normal map though, so it all looks very flat at minute.

@dboi88 - this is really top notch work!  Been enjoying watching your progress on this, and also glad to see you got to fire up KSP again :)

When it is ready for a spin (even a dev-test one) let me know, and I will add it to my career save and take it for a ride!

@dboi88 i Think it is Great with lights as it is. We are not on a Passenger Liner more on a workhorse. The Ambiente is more dimmed there i Think. If you decide sometimes to make modules for Kerbal Transport there the lights have to be brighter, here is a more efficient atmosphere. Don't you think so?

Urses

I've worked out lights a little better, here's the animation

koSdpA4.gif

19 hours ago, RoverDude said:

@dboi88 - this is really top notch work!  Been enjoying watching your progress on this, and also glad to see you got to fire up KSP again :)

When it is ready for a spin (even a dev-test one) let me know, and I will add it to my career save and take it for a ride!

cheers, i'm not too far off having the first dev build ready, i'll pm you a link when ready.

Testers Wanted

Pre Release is up if anyone wants to do some testing. . . 

CSICargoFreighterv0.1 - Beta

grnPX4S.png

NJEos6a.jpg

RXSMrLT.jpg

Just the main freighter. Still some missing textures in places but let me know what you think.

To put it together you'll need to move the main hull up and down the VAB to get at each end. The EVAPrep Space and the Hanger Bay are separate parts. If you are going to get it into space without cheats or mods.

Warning: future releases will likely break craft files

Edited by dboi88

9 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Giggitty, Giggitty!!!.....

And pretty sure Hangar Extender still works for 1.2.2... Its just a simple plugin, so low overhead for peeps who dont like to play heavily modded...

Near the end of the thread there's some recompiles to allow it to work with 1.2+ - but Snjo hasn't been around to officially hand over development.

7 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Hmm.  I'm having a minor issue:

screenshot_2017-04-10--09-44-14.png

This is without the EVA prep space attached - but I'm not sure that should matter.

It's upside down:rolleyes:

Me and @Sassenach have come up with a solution to stop it being put on the wrong way. Will add that tonight.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.