[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

5 hours ago, DStaal said:

I've found that most of the 'plain parts' still work fairly well - and I'm interested mostly in NFE and NFC, so whatever is best for you to get those out, I can wait for the rest.  :wink:

6 hours ago, Nertea said:

Thank you.

Progress notes: 

1.4.2 Update Status Breakdown

NF Propulsion

• Finished the lithium tank redos. Update soon.

NF Electrical

• Seems mostly good now, update soon.

NF Solar

• Testing a few things, but soon.

NF Construction

• Revisions moving towards done for revised parts. New parts are about halfway there, slow going
  • Needs to match whatever rebalance happens for CryoTanks, so depends on that.  

NF Spacecraft

• Almost ready. 
  • Also needs NF Props update, not a huge problem. 

NF Launch Vehicles

• Stock fairings are stupid and buggy now. Needs work to finish, not sure when I'll have time.

I can release the updated mods this weekend/early next week, or I can wait to finish NF Construction. Opinions?

release them as they are ready

7 hours ago, Nertea said:

I can release the updated mods this weekend/early next week, or I can wait to finish NF Construction. Opinions?

Me, I don't use NF Construction, so would naturally prefer an earlier release. Won't hold it against you if you decide otherwise, of course.

Hi,

As I'm a great fan of solar, electrical and propulsion parts, I'm for a progressive relase of what's done on your side. :)

I've to be patient anyway. I'm a great fan of SSTU and this isn't really yet released either :wink:

Regards.

Edited by FrancoisH

21 hours ago, Nertea said:

Honestly, since NF Construction is the key one for me...  Either way works.

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

Ok, looks like I'll try to get the ones I have done out on Monday.

Thank you really much for your hard work, as every other add-on manager do here too. I'll give Construction a look into when you  release the next version :wink:

On 4/2/2018 at 4:55 PM, MarcAlain said:

Would you ever consider making a pod for 5m?

Would you accept any commission work for parts that everyone could enjoy? I'd seriously pay for some custom parts...

The IVAs for a 5m part would be hideously time consuming so at the moment, no. What would it look like, even? I haven't really considered commissions before as a work driver, so I guess it would depend on whether a commissioned part fit nicely into my plans for the mod(s). And whether you could deal with the low production rate of quality parts these days...

As for releasing, I think it depends on whether you're in a flow with something right now. If so, a release will reveal the ever so inevitable bugs, prompting you to do those ten minute fixes that seems to consume days worth of spare time. Personally I am happy whenever I get it, and an upgrade from 1.3.1 will anyway be when I start a new career, pretty far from Near Future tech :wink:

On 08/04/2018 at 3:08 PM, Nertea said:

And whether you could deal with the low production rate of quality parts these days...

Take your time as I am sure all the fans of your mods are here because we appreciate the fantastic quality.
Given the large number of parts and the amount of work which clearly goes into each and every one I would never describe your output as "low production rate" !!!

Ok much work was done, bugs, yadda yadda.

Note that NF Construction and NF Propulsion went to 1.0.0. That for me means no more content additions, they are feature complete. 

NF Propulsion 1.0.0: 'Experiencing a significant witty name shortfall'

•  KSP 1.4.2
  •  Recompiled plugin
  •  Updated ModuleManager to 3.0.6
  •  Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.2.1
  •  Updated MiniAVC to 1.2.0.1
  •  Updated CRP to 0.10.0
  •  Removed xenon tank capacity patch as it is no longer needed
  •  Added more lithium tanks
    •  0.625m set in 3 lengths
    •  New small 1.25m tank
    •  Radial in 1.25mish and 0.625mish sizes
    •  Revised textures of all other lithium tanks
  •  Rearranged Lithium tanks in CTT mode
  •  HeFT RCS thrusters have unique models/textures
  •  Added specular maps to electric RCS blocks that were lacking them
  •  Adjusted unlock cost of most electric fuel tanks
  •  Changed a number of model references to absolute

NF Electrical 0.10.0 :'I almost marked this as done but there's one more thing'

• Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.1.1
  • Updated ModuleManager to 3.0.6
  • Updated MiniAVC to 1.2.0.1
  • Updated CRP to 0.10.0
  • Added Portugese localization (GabrielGABFonesca)
  • Fixes to Russian localization
  • Add reactor nicknames to part search tags (kerbas_ad_astra)
  • Capacitors can be manually discharged on EVA
  • Changed fuel transfer behaviour to ignore the temperature requirement unless the part has a Core
  • Fixed fuel transfer under other localizations again, maybe
  • Misc fixes to thermal behaviour of reactors
  • Improvements to KA/NFE patch
    •  Engine reactors don't suck up radiator power

NF Solar 0.8.9: 'A critical update'

•  KSP 1.4.2 rebuild
  •  Fixed sun distance being hardcoded (jsolson)

NF Construction 1.0.0: 'I finally finished the damn truss tanks'

•  KSP 1.4.2
  •  Final content update
  •  Updated MM to 3.0.6
  •  Reworked crewed octo-trusses to match SSPXr art
  •  Converted all parts with lights to use config-based animations
  •  Revised textures of LH2/LH2O octo-truss variants to match up with CryoTanks update
  •  Revised textures of Lithium octo-truss variants to match up with NFP update
  •  Revisions to specular/normal maps of octo-trusses
  •  New/modified parts:
    •  Replaced Cubic Octagonal Strut with new model, renamed to Cubic-Family Strut
    •  Replaced Not-Rockomax Micronode and Octagonal Strut with new models
    •  Added Cubic-Family struts in 3 sizes, can switch between cubic, triangular and planar
    •  Added adapter from Cubic/Triangular to 0.625m stack
    •  Added LFO, LF, Ox, Xenon, Mono/Ec, Ore storage to the two larger Hexa-Trusses
    •  Added LH2, LH2O, Lithium, Argon storage to the two larger Hexa-Trusses if CRP is installed
    •  Added SM-1 Stack Adapter (1.25 to 0.625m adapter)
    •  Added Grip-O-Tron Linear Docking Connector
    •  Added Grip-O-Tron XL Linear Docking Connector
  •  Corrected configuration of boiloff modules when CryoTanks is installed

NF Spacecraft 0.7.8: 'Even if you don't use KerbalHealth you'll love this patch'

• KSP 1.4.2
  • Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.2.1
  • Updated NF Props to 0.3.2
  • Fixed KerbalHealth patch

NF Launch Vehicles 1.1.5: 'Who wants a 5m fairing base whose scale isn't screwed up anyways?'

•  KSP 1.4.2
  •  Updated MM to 3.0.6
  •  Updated fairing textures to work with new fairing unwrap

14 minutes ago, SpacePilotMax said:

Small-ish quality of life suggestion for NFC: change the amout of oxidizer in the truss tanks so that the ratio of a LF truss tank to oxidizer truss tank is the same as engine consumption. (That might have been a tad late.)

That would be exceptionally volume-incorrect. 

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

Ok much work was done, bugs, yadda yadda.

Note that NF Construction and NF Propulsion went to 1.0.0. That for me means no more content additions, they are feature complete. 

**Snip**

You are awesome!  Thanks for your hard work.

1 hour ago, Nertea said:
  • Capacitors can be manually discharged on EVA

Dare I ask how that's accomplished?  I'm imagining Jeb shorting the terminals with a KIS wrench or something.  :)

Anyway, congrats on the releases.  I've been looking forward to these.

I just looked through all the new stuff and I was glad to see that the hexa-girders can now have integrated fuel tanks.  I like the new "cubic-family strut" parts too.  The new model for the stock docking port looks great, and I'm looking forward to trying out the linear ones.

Two small bugs that I noticed:

• The SM-1 Stack Adapter (adapter-125-0625-1) shows #LOC tags for its name and description.  Its entries in the English localization file have names that end in "-2" instead of "-1" (looks like a copy/paste mistake from the SM-2), and it doesn't seem to have any entries in the Spanish or Russian files.
  • Lithium tanks in the hexa-girders are off-center.  (Cosmetic issue only)
Edited by Wyzard

1 hour ago, Wyzard said:
  • The SM-1 Stack Adapter (adapter-125-0625-1) shows #LOC tags for its name and description.  Its entries in the English localization file have names that end in "-2" instead of "-1" (looks like a copy/paste mistake from the SM-2), and it doesn't seem to have any entries in the Spanish or Russian files.
  • Lithium tanks in the hexa-girders are off-center.  (Cosmetic issue only)

Yeerk I know about those. Thought I'd fixed them, will see when I can get to fix them. Unfortunately though, I don't speak Russian or Spanish.

3 hours ago, KSPNoob said:

I just updated all of the mods, amazing as always however Near Future Solar continues to tell me it's out of date.  I also get a popup about KSP-AVC if that's related.  I'm running the latest edition of Kerbal.

Looks like I made a mistake there.

Edited by Nertea

Hi thread.

The Near Future is awesome as usual.  But is the Near Future Electrical Extras: Decaying RTGs still being used? I can't find info.  It seems to require a dependency called "Dynamic Batter Storage" that doesn't seem to exist anymore.  But I was able to install the Electrical Core from CKAN.

I can't wait to try the centrifuge parts - realistic artificial gravity I was waiting for since the 2001 Odyssey film.  !!