[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

56 minutes ago, Spin said:

Can anyone tell me if NF Aeronautics' engines are working well in the latest version of the game?
I'm taking this game and Nertea's incredible work and I'm lost.

NFA is fully functional in 1.9.1. Just make sure you grab the updated versions of the dependencies.

Hi Guys/Gals how many 3.75 mono propellant tanks are we supposed to be able to see  under Near future space craft mod,  I only see 1 with the folding doors, and if some else could confirm what they actually see  that would be awesome playing on 1.9.1 clean install  no other mod  except its dependencies and in sandbox mode in the actual parts folder we are supposed to see 3 unless @Nertea has depreciated them.

Edited by Virtualgenius

I'm pretty sure the 3.75m monoprop tanks were removed in the latest release, but you can still find them if you, say, filtered by resource. If you can't find them / can't be bothered there's a 3.75m tank in restock+

On 4/6/2020 at 1:06 PM, Nertea said:

RD704 and RD701 sustainer engines 

@NerteaWill the NFLV update include tripropellant functionality for the RD-704 and 701, or will it only use RP-1? I read that it was supposed to use LH2 and RP-1 in the lower atmosphere and then use just LH2 in the upper atmosphere/vacuum.

This update look amazing, I am so excited for all of the new stuff in NFLV.

Edited by EStreetRockets

@Nertea I am trying to load an old ship into the game and it keeps saying I am missing a part (solarpanel-deploying-1x4-1) that is part of "Near Future Solar Core"....I have never seen the Near Future Solar mod called that. Can you tell me which current solar panel this one should be so I can make the change in the file to use the probe/ships that have the old part name?

Thanks

On 4/11/2020 at 6:36 AM, Virtualgenius said:

Hi Guys/Gals how many 3.75 mono propellant tanks are we supposed to be able to see  under Near future space craft mod,  I only see 1 with the folding doors, and if some else could confirm what they actually see  that would be awesome playing on 1.9.1 clean install  no other mod  except its dependencies and in sandbox mode in the actual parts folder we are supposed to see 3 unless @Nertea has depreciated them.

On 4/12/2020 at 1:10 AM, Virtualgenius said:

Ok thanks I thought i was going mental  because i was trying to rebuild this lander and couldnt find its main tank

P6zBWzT.png

Hi.

It happends I made some research today for TweakScale purposes on NF mods. Regarding Near Future Spacecraft, yes all the monoprop tanks are now hidden and tagged as Deprecated in the localization files.

#LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-125-1_title = FL-R-A750 Monopropellant Tank
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-125-1_description = DEPRECATED.
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-125-1_tags = deprecated
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-125-2_title = FL-R-A375 Monopropellant Tank
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-125-2_description =DEPRECATED.
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-125-2_tags = deprecated
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-125-3_title = FL-R-A185 Monopropellant Tank
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-125-3_description = DEPRECATED.
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-125-3_tags = deprecated
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-25-1_title = FL-R-B3000 Monopropellant Tank
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-25-1_description = DEPRECATED.
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-25-1_tags = deprecated
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-25-2_title =FL-R-B1500 Monopropellant Tank
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-25-2_description = DEPRECATED.
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-25-2_tags = deprecated
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-25-3_title =FL-R-B750 Monopropellant Tank
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-25-3_description = DEPRECATED.
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-25-3_tags =deprecated
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-375-1_title = FL-R-C6000 Monopropellant Tank
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-375-1_description = DEPRECATED.
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-375-1_tags = deprecated
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-375-2_title = FL-R-C3000 Monopropellant Tank
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-375-2_description = DEPRECATED.
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-375-2_tags = deprecated
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-375-3_title = FL-R-C1500 Monopropellant Tank
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-375-3_description =DEPRECATED.
    #LOC_NFSpacecraft_monoprop-tank-375-3_tags =deprecated

You can still re-enable them if you really want to by editing the cfg files.

Edited by DarkNounours

1 hour ago, EStreetRockets said:

@NerteaWill the NFLV update include tripropellant functionality for the RD-704 and 701, or will it only use RP-1? I read that it was supposed to use LH2 and RP-1 in the lower atmosphere and then use just LH2 in the upper atmosphere/vacuum.

This update look amazing, I am so excited for all of the new stuff in NFLV.

Optional patch, I think, with CryoEngines. 

On 4/10/2020 at 9:36 PM, Virtualgenius said:

Yes there should be zero of them, just the two 'service tanks'

1 hour ago, reschke said:

@Nertea I am trying to load an old ship into the game and it keeps saying I am missing a part (solarpanel-deploying-1x4-1) that is part of "Near Future Solar Core"....I have never seen the Near Future Solar mod called that. Can you tell me which current solar panel this one should be so I can make the change in the file to use the probe/ships that have the old part name?

Thanks

CKAN has a NF Solar Core thing that is only the plugin.

However NF Solar got a non-backwards compatible update some time ago which will probably cause issues with some ships. 

Finished off the 1.875m booster which is based on the TR-107...

Capture.pngCapture.png

Just one more engine left then I'll be done with them!

Hi. I noticed a glitch (more annoying than a real issue). Near Future Spacecraft Landing legs never reach the ground in my games.

0.png

1.png

2.png

Captures were made with KSP 1.9.1 and only NFSC and its dependencies are installed. I have the same behaviour with 1.8.x and 1.7.x. Noticed with TweakScale first but standard sizes behaves like rescaled.

screenshot198.png

HI!

unsure if this is already mentioned or is issued already. the current version of MKS includes the Tundra and Duna PDU's (Power Distribution Unit's). These have an output of additional Xenon which is ok in first place, but then I saw 2 reactor controls in my equivalent parts ingame and checked out the NFE-configs. I saw there has some module name change happened in MKS, it's not called "ModuleResourceConverter_USI" but now I saw "USI_Converter" instead. I'm also not sure if there will be a change, if MKS ever will be compiled for KSP 1.9.1.

EDIT: possibly all other reactors are effected aswell, having other converter module names, just FYI.

NFE is version 1.1.1.0 (built for KSP 1.9.99 max)
MKS is version 1.3.0.0 (built for KSP 1.8.9 max)

I have "manually" removed the modules "USI_Converter" by an own script and hope there will be adjustments for one of the next releases of NFE.

Thank you :)

Edited by LatiMacciato

1 hour ago, LatiMacciato said:

HI!

unsure if this is already mentioned or is issued already. the current version of MKS includes the Tundra and Duna PDU's (Power Distribution Unit's). These have an output of additional Xenon which is ok in first place, but then I saw 2 reactor controls in my equivalent parts ingame and checked out the NFE-configs. I saw there has some module name change happened in MKS, it's not called "ModuleResourceConverter_USI" but now I saw "USI_Converter" instead. I'm also not sure if there will be a change, if MKS ever will be compiled for KSP 1.9.1.

EDIT: possibly all other reactors are effected aswell, having other converter module names, just FYI.

NFE is version 1.1.1.0 (built for KSP 1.9.99 max)
MKS is version 1.3.0.0 (built for KSP 1.8.9 max)

I have "manually" removed the modules "USI_Converter" by an own script and hope there will be adjustments for one of the next releases of NFE.

Thank you :)

So this is purely a name swap? Can you make a git issue? 

1 hour ago, DarkNounours said:

Hi. I noticed a glitch (more annoying than a real issue). Near Future Spacecraft Landing legs never reach the ground in my games.

Captures were made with KSP 1.9.1 and only NFSC and its dependencies are installed. I have the same behaviour with 1.8.x and 1.7.x. Noticed with TweakScale first but standard sizes behaves like rescaled.

Legs suck - I don't have any interest in working on those any further. They more or less function correctly and that's as good as I can get right now. :(

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

So this is purely a name swap? Can you make a git issue? 

so far my script works just fine and was just made to evaluate the issue. I might need to check out the parts USI_Nuke_*, FTT_Service_375_01 and FTT_Reactor_500_01 but I assume they behave line the Duna/Tundra parts.

my small script:

Spoiler

@PART[Tundra_PDU,Duna_PDU,USI_Nuke_*,FTT_Service_375_01,FTT_Reactor_500_01]:HAS[@MODULE[USI_Converter]]:NEEDS[MKS&NearFutureElectrical]:FINAL
{
	!MODULE[USI_Converter]{}
}

I raised Issue #122 for this.

Edited by LatiMacciato

21 hours ago, Nertea said:

So this is purely a name swap?

In this particular case, I think so.  The change from ModuleResourceConverter_USI to USI_Converter was backward-incompatible overall because it changed how "swappable converters" work, but the Duna and Tundra PDU parts don't have any swap functionality and the NFE patch doesn't look like it should need any other changes aside from which module name it deletes.  (I'm not really sure why those two parts use USI_Converter in the first place; the USI ReactorPack parts just use plain ModuleResourceConverter, so the NFE patch for those is still OK.)

Stuff that was actually broken by that USI change has been updated already, for example with this commit in SSPXR.