[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

Just now, Nertea said:

Yes, sorry, just a little frustrated as I've been bombarded with 'bug reports' from people who can't download things from spacedock for the last 2 hours.

Not a problem at all! I hope the Spacedock issues clear up soon so you don't have to deal with them! :)

Spacedock's back up.

Some small hotfixes that have come to light:

NF Spacecraft 1.3.3

• Fixed IVA portraits on Mk3-9 pod

NF Exploration 1.0.10

• Fixed an issue where broken antennas would cause NREs

28 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

Horray, now I just gotta wait for Restock to come out (hopefully) soon then KSP is playable for me.

I'm still waiting for 1.10.1 to be *available* to me...  (Bought through GOG, they haven't updated yet.)

I'm amazed at how fast Nertea has updated.  Congrats, and thanks.

I really want to use NF's reflector antenna with feed(like a F-RA) combination, but it never work. 

I saw this post. 

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/47223-wip-nerts-dev-thread-current-guess-im-working-on-fast-fourier-transforms-again/page/106/

So I know how to combination setting reflector and feed or element thing. And I try to change angle of feed or element for align with a reflector antenna. for find a green line. but all try was failed.

what's wrong? 

My ksp version is 1.9.1.

At first I was 1.10.x, but restock, restock+ MOD was crash(didn't make a fairing) so I did downgrade.

1 hour ago, zerojin2 said:

I really want to use NF's reflector antenna with feed(like a F-RA) combination, but it never work. 

I saw this post. 

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/47223-wip-nerts-dev-thread-current-guess-im-working-on-fast-fourier-transforms-again/page/106/

So I know how to combination setting reflector and feed or element thing. And I try to change angle of feed or element for align with a reflector antenna. for find a green line. but all try was failed.

what's wrong? 

My ksp version is 1.9.1.

At first I was 1.10.x, but restock, restock+ MOD was crash(didn't make a fairing) so I did downgrade.

Something some people miss is that the reflector needs to be deployed for it to work. If you can't get the line to turn green, check that the reflector is deployed. 

In other news, redoing the NFE reactor panel. Interested in thoughts

concept.png

5 hours ago, Nertea said:

Something some people miss is that the reflector needs to be deployed for it to work. If you can't get the line to turn green, check that the reflector is deployed. 

concept.png

Looks good. Though I have these two thoughts:

• How will a user be able to tell whether the Temperature is good/bad/perfect? ('Temperature: Optimal (2000k)'?)
  • How will a user be able to diagnose the cause of temperature problems? ('Cooler capacity' or 'Cooling available' entry?)

Is there anything else that could go wrong with them? (I haven't yet used them, excuse the ignorance)

Edited by Jognt

5 hours ago, Nertea said:

I used a RFL-1 with F-DA feed, exactly same as that posting. but my antenna path color is 'WHITE'. not a RED or GREEN. 

and of course I did deployed or extend antenna. I did everything what I can.

what am I missing?

Edited by zerojin2

On 7/30/2020 at 12:18 PM, Streetwind said:

Instead of having a fixed data transmission rate, have a formula that scales transmission speed with signal quality. If you're at 10% quality, you have to transmit ten times as long as when you're at 100% quality.

It's been a couple of months since I used it, but I'm pretty sure this is similar to how Kerbalism handles data transmission - the quality is 100% within an optimum range, but gets steadily worse with distance, with multiple antennas or a better antenna needed to make up for it. I *think* it has passive electric drain too, but don't quote me on that.

Edited by GluttonyReaper

2 hours ago, zerojin2 said:

I used a RFL-1 with F-DA feed, exactly same as that posting. but my antenna path color is 'WHITE'. not a RED or GREEN. 

and of course I did deployed or extend antenna. I did everything what I can.

what am I missing?

*sigh* Logs, pictures, modlist, etc. 

3 hours ago, Jognt said:

Looks good. Though I have these two thoughts:

• How will a user be able to tell whether the Temperature is good/bad/perfect? ('Temperature: Optimal (2000k)'?)
  • How will a user be able to diagnose the cause of temperature problems? ('Cooler capacity' or 'Cooling available' entry?)

Is there anything else that could go wrong with them? (I haven't yet used them, excuse the ignorance)

• Temperature will be green/orange/red when in the appropriate bounds, and that little warning icon will appear
  • I'm uncertain what you mean by the second one. Usually the cause of too much heat is always not enough radiators :P

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

*sigh* Logs, pictures, modlist, etc. 

thanks a lot!  

11.jpg?width=821&height=462

Airplane Plus (AirplanePlus 26.5)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.17.0)
Background Resources (BackgroundResources 1:V0.15.0.0)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.11)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 5.1.0.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.3.0.0)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.28.2)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.2.2)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.1.7.0)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.1)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.15)
Firespitter Resources config (FirespitterResourcesConfig v7.15)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.13.0.0)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.7)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.26)
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems (KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems v1.6.12)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.10.0.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.4)
Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 1.2.3)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 1.1.3)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.1.3)
Near Future Exploration (NearFutureExploration 1.0.10)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.6.3)
Near Future Launch Vehicles (NearFutureLaunchVehicles 2.0.3)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.2.2)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.2.3)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.2.3)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.3.3)
ReStock (ReStock 1.1.2)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.1.2)
SCANsat (SCANsat v20.2)
TAC Life Support (TACLS) (TACLS 1:V0.15.0.0)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.5)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)

and...

how can i give u the log file?

Just downloaded NF Electrical, and I was going thru the files as I usually do to make sure everything is in order before I actually install it.

I noticed one minor problem, the included version of Module Manager is not the most recent one. Included is 4.1.3, current is 4.1.4. EDIT: I got the addon from SpaceDock as I usually do.

Edited by SciMan

On 8/5/2020 at 12:13 AM, Nertea said:

Looks good. I'd still like the slider to control reactor throttle in the panel. I know it's controllable from right clicking, but sometimes it's hard to get to because it's surrounded by other parts (cargo or structural), so I use the NFE control panel a lot.

Edit: Never mind. I see you're changing stuff up with System Heat, so I probably won't need to do so much micromanaging.

Edited by danfarnsy
System Heat

Thanks @Nertea for these awesome mods! I got the entire Near Future suite.

One thing I would like to suggest is having some optional patches for the Near Future Launch Vehicle engines that use methalox IRL to use methalox, as opposed to LF/O. I can make methane with the TACLS and Rational Resources Sabiter process converters, but I don't have anything that can use it. Or are there already said patches somewhere or I haven't found them?

39 minutes ago, Qubyte said:

One thing I would like to suggest is having some optional patches for the Near Future Launch Vehicle engines that use methalox IRL to use methalox, as opposed to LF/O. I can make methane with the TACLS and Rational Resources Sabiter process converters, but I don't have anything that can use it. Or are there already said patches somewhere or I haven't found them?

There are some optional patches within the current download for the deprecated engines in NF Launch Vehicles that may be helpful in crafting patches for the current batch of engines.

45 minutes ago, hemeac said:

There are some optional patches within the current download for the deprecated engines in NF Launch Vehicles that may be helpful in crafting patches for the current batch of engines.

And right as you say this, I find a file called "NFLVMethaloxEngines". *facepalm* I guess I'll do a bit of tinkering around with that to try and fix some of the current engines as you said.

1 hour ago, Qubyte said:

As mentioned, the old deprecated engines have configs. The new engines are all Kerolox and don't have a need for this.

On 8/5/2020 at 2:13 AM, Nertea said:

concept.png

My first thought is: How do I change how much power it's putting out?  That's my most typical use for the current panel - adjusting reactors between 'perform burn' and 'coast' modes.

34 minutes ago, DStaal said:

My first thought is: How do I change how much power it's putting out?  That's my most typical use for the current panel - adjusting reactors between 'perform burn' and 'coast' modes.

No longer required, is automated!

I thought there was something wrong with my install when I couldn't find those swanky NFE batteries I was used to seeing but after manually downloading it (opposed to relying on CKAN) I guess i missed the art pass! it might be worth putting a disclaimer on  the IMGUR links in that they might not match the parts currently in the packs.

Edited by SilentWindOfDoom

20 hours ago, Nertea said:

No longer required, is automated!

If I underatand that correctly, reactors will dynamically reduce power to meet demand. That sounds great, with less micromanaging of xenon/argon/lithium ships.

Will radiators be activated/deactivated automatically to match the reactor's changing demands?

Will that automation work during a timewarp? Full reactor power at the start of timewarp to fill batteries, then scale back to run whatever laboratories and SCANsat sensors are turned on.