[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

10 hours ago, Nertea said:

Er, that would be uh, if I understand it right, redoing the entire mod. So no...

Yeah I figured as much. In that case your idea is still very good for shortening the parts list, and a short textual description would be appreciated. ;)

20 hours ago, Nertea said:

Currently solar panels are balanced based on their cell type, we have

• Basic - looks like stock (well, Restock) and has the same power/unit area and power/unit mass as stock
  • Blanket - gold backs and rounded cells, has lower power/unit area and best power/unit mass
  • Advanced - slightly rounded cell, has higher power/unit area and moderate power/unit mass
  • Concentrator - darker with fresnel lens, highest power/unit area and moderate power/unit mass

I'd always wondered about the actual distinctions between these categories.  This is helpful to know.

NF Propulsion 1.2.0

• KSP 1.8.x
  • Upgraded .NET version to 4.5
  • Updated ModuleManager to 4.1.0
  • Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.12.1
  • Updated CRP to 1.3.0
  • Changed engine throttle animation method for VASIMRs, added new particle effects
  • New particle effects for gridded xenon thrusters
  • Updated EngineLight configs (Zorg)
  • Updated all MM patches to use NFP patch specifier as needed

NF Electrical 1.1.0

• KSP 1.8
  • Rebuild with .NET 4.5
  • Updated DynamicBatteryStorage to 2.1.0
  • Updated CRP to 1.3.0
  • DEPRECATED OLD 3.75m BATTERY
  • Fixed another case where the stock heat catchup system was not being correctly intercepted on load for reactors.
  • Updated all patches to use correct MM patch pass specifier

NF Construction 1.2.0

• KSP 1.8.x
  • Updated MM to 4.1.0
  • Updated MM patch pass specifiers where needed

NF Spacecraft 1.3.0

• KSP 1.8.x
  • Updated NearFutureProps to 0.6.1
  • Updated ModuleManager pass specifiers where necessary

NF Launch Vehicles 1.1.0

• KSP 1.8.x
  • Updated ModuleManger to 4.1.0
  • Updated Russian translation (Sool3)
  • Custom EngineLight configs (Zorg)

NF Solar will come tonight or tomorrow, I'm finishing up some new panels for it. 

Hi all. 1st of all great suit!! & great work!!

Someone are experiencing isuis with the 1.8.1 NFConstruction 1.2.0 ??

I cant load the game, 4 erros with NFConstructfueltank\types. Its strange, i didnt see any fueltanks in the constructions mod.  With previous version all go good.

i can paste the ModuleManager or the MMPatch log if it helps

heavy moded ksp

I confirm an issue with NF Construction 1.2, causing a B9PS tank type to be missing and consequently a B9PS fatal error :

[ERR 21:26:53.408] pass specifier detected on insert node (not a patch): NearFutureConstruction/Patches/NFConstructionFuelTankTypes/B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack&!CryoTanks]:FOR[NearFutureConstruction]
[ERR 21:26:53.408] pass specifier detected on insert node (not a patch): NearFutureConstruction/Patches/NFConstructionFuelTankTypes/B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack&!CryoTanks]:FOR[NearFutureConstruction]
[ERR 21:26:53.408] pass specifier detected on insert node (not a patch): NearFutureConstruction/Patches/NFConstructionFuelTankTypes/B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack]:FOR[NearFutureConstruction]
[ERR 21:26:53.408] pass specifier detected on insert node (not a patch): NearFutureConstruction/Patches/NFConstructionFuelTankTypes/B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack]:FOR[NearFutureConstruction]

Seems to be working now, thanks!

It's kinda funny how I decide to get back into KSP today after a year or more away, and just my luck, it seems that one of my favorite mod sets has just updated! Hooray... aaand it's broken. Check forums for a fix, and it's a brand new issue. Like, Nertea's working on the fix right now. If I had waited until later today, or had downloaded earlier this morning then updated tomorrow, I would never even have known that there was a problem.

4 hours ago, Nertea said:

Yes, my fault, no excuses.

1.2.1 will fix it and will be up in a bit. 

You're only human!  Thanks for the explanation, and for being so bold as to take the blame so quickly though, that's major props to you.  I appreciate your work, VERY much!

30 minutes ago, Platapoes said:

Is this mod on CKAN, and what do I search to find it? "Near Future Aeronautics" has no (or even no similar) results, but all the other Near Future mods seem to be there.

As per its description, Near Future Aeronautics is only supported up to KSP 1.6.1 and CKAN support is not possible.  The FAQ for the mod explains why for both.

Edited by RoboRay

Now with Near Future Solar 1.1.0

• KSP 1.8.x
  • Plugin recompiled against .NET 4.5
  • Updated bundled ModuleManager to 4.1.0
  • REMOVED ALL DEPRECATED OLD SOLAR PANEL PARTS
  • Updated MM patches to have correct pass specifications when needed
  • Added new panel models
    • K3x75-A 1x1 Advanced Photovoltaic Panels: Small Advanced 3.75 kW array based on MESSENGER panels. Not retractable
    • K3-A 3x1 Advanced Photovoltaic Panels: Small Advanced 3 kW array based on Worldview-3 panels. Not retractable
    • K4-AFR 1x2 Advanced Photovoltaic Panels: Small Advanced 4 kW array based on Worldview-4 panels. Does not track sun
    • K10-AFR 3x1 Advanced Photovoltaic Panels: Small Advanced 10 kW array based on Hayabusa-2 panels. Does not track sun
    • K0f7-AFR 1x1 Advanced Photovoltaic Panels: Small Advanced 0.7 kW array based on Ikonos-1 panels. Does not track sun

Hi friends!

I need help! I need your advice because this is the first time I've played with an installed Kerbal Atomics and Near Future mods. Now I need to install some additional patches for the integration of these mods. What do you recommend to install for the first game:

• DecayingRTGs - I think it will make the game harder than stock. And I don't know at what rate RTG efficiency will decrease. For easy play, no need to install, right?
  • XenonHallThrusters - if installed, will it make the game easier (because only Xenon will be needed)?
  • OrbitalLFOEngines - The hardest choice for me with this. I don't know what he's doing. How is it better in terms of balance?

Thank you!!!

9 minutes ago, nickicool said:
  • DecayingRTGs - I think it will make the game harder than stock. And I don't know at what rate RTG efficiency will decrease. For easy play, no need to install, right?

Generally half lives are ~10 Kerbal years, so in 10 years you'll lose 50% power. By default an 'easy mode' is implemented which stops RTGs from dropping below 10% power. 

In general installing this will give you a more differentiated power experience.

10 minutes ago, nickicool said:
  • XenonHallThrusters - if installed, will it make the game easier (because only Xenon will be needed)?

You would lose the advantage/disadvantage trade space between Argon and Xenon, I don't think it makes things harder or easier, it just gives you fewer options. Argon is still used by some engines under this patch, the HETs are the only things that are changed.

In general installing this will get all the engines using blue glowy plumes.

11 minutes ago, nickicool said:
  • OrbitalLFOEngines - The hardest choice for me with this. I don't know what he's doing. How is it better in terms of balance?

This makes the monoprop engines that are added use LFO instead. This was added because a previous (really, really old) version of the mod shipped massively OP LFO engines. When I replaced them with different models, with lower performance and monoprop fuels, some people were angry. I don't think the LFO patch is well balanced.

13 minutes ago, nickicool said:

Hi friends!

I need help! I need your advice because this is the first time I've played with an installed Kerbal Atomics and Near Future mods. Now I need to install some additional patches for the integration of these mods. What do you recommend to install for the first game:

Thank you!!!

My take on these:

DecayingRTG - harder than stock, more realistic.  I skip this one, but yes for easy play no need to install.

XenonHallThrusters - Not really easier/harder here; it's a bit more complex without as you'll have another fuel to think about, but each engine will be more distinct.

OrbitalLFOEngines - As Nertea said, just switches the Monoprop engines to stock.  Personally, I think that would make the game harder as I like the monoprop engines for low-orbit ships that also use monoprop for RCS...

@Barzon Running a release on a version other than for which it is intended is a non-supported configuration. You are free to try it, it might work, or it might not. But if there is a problem, there will not be any efforts made to correct it.

Generally, the 1.7->1.8 transition was surprisingly benign to most mods, considering that it came with a Unity engine upgrade and a .NET upgrade both. So your chances are actually not bad. I'd guesstimate you have a greater than fifty-fifty chance that it runs.