[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

Hi, I updated the mod this morning and all of the parts seem to have disappeared. Ones that had been attached to previous vessels still exist and work, including old ones like Buzzard engine ( thanks for the plume rotate btw), and can be moved  and attached to new craft from merging, but the parts don't show up in the parts list. I've got Restock and Restock + installed but also a bunch of other stable and quasi stable mods. Any ideas on what's gone wrong or is there a kind of mod that might not be playing nice (new resources ground construction etc) ? 
Thanks. 

2 hours ago, WaywardScythe said:

Hi, I updated the mod this morning and all of the parts seem to have disappeared. Ones that had been attached to previous vessels still exist and work, including old ones like Buzzard engine ( thanks for the plume rotate btw), and can be moved  and attached to new craft from merging, but the parts don't show up in the parts list. I've got Restock and Restock + installed but also a bunch of other stable and quasi stable mods. Any ideas on what's gone wrong or is there a kind of mod that might not be playing nice (new resources ground construction etc) ? 
Thanks. 

The author in the new version very strongly reworked engine parts. Therefore, he decided to softly stop supporting old parts - they are available on flying crafts and saved builds, but are not available in the builder list.
They can be returned through the modification of * .cfg files or the installation of an earlier version of the mod.

17 hours ago, Dreinakh said:

The author in the new version very strongly reworked engine parts. Therefore, he decided to softly stop supporting old parts - they are available on flying crafts and saved builds, but are not available in the builder list.
They can be returned through the modification of * .cfg files or the installation of an earlier version of the mod.

Sorry I wasn't clear. The legacy parts are supported as described, but All the New parts are gone too, though they are also supported in previous craft. 

I'll double check my files and see if anythings gone wrong there. 

On 5/4/2020 at 5:43 AM, Virtualgenius said:

@Nertea i was wondering whether you would consider making a part like this  to go into the NFLV Mod to help with seperation 

hgxzHvt.png

Well... not really. You just made it there!

On 5/4/2020 at 7:34 PM, derega16 said:

BDB style engine plate and interstage might be even better, it unrestric engine/tank diameter and look much better than MH one

I'm not planning on BDB-alike things, but there are engine plates and interstages in the mod now, and very good generic ones in Restock now :)

23 hours ago, Souptime said:

Hey near future exploration came with b9 partswitch but now that i have it it wont work: 

Log file minimum please. 

On 5/5/2020 at 11:53 AM, WaywardScythe said:

Sorry I wasn't clear. The legacy parts are supported as described, but All the New parts are gone too, though they are also supported in previous craft. 

I'll double check my files and see if anythings gone wrong there. 

It sounds like you have installed things incorrectly, useful to provide a log, maybe a screenscap of what your GameData looks like...

Bah, page didn't update when I reloaded it so I missed a load of new comments after the one I replied to :rolleyes:

Methalox RCS localisation is still broken as of the most recent release (2.0.1), also the Walrus engine in boattail mode doesn't line up symmetrically on compass points when angle snap is on, minor but a bit annoying nonetheless.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie
Cached page didn't update, missed a load of new comments

@Nertea Looks like today's update of community categories fixed the issue I was having with parts not showing up, they all showed up under the NFLV category. so, Hooray! 
Thanks for the awesome mod by the way, it's one of my faves and the work that you and all the others do is just so mind blowingly awesome 

I think I found a typo in the CTT patch for NFLV 2.0.

@PART[nflv-fueltank-adapater-5-75-1]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]:FOR[NearFutureLaunchVehicles]
{
   @TechRequired = specializedFuelStorage
}
@PART[nflv-fueltank-adapater-5-75-2]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]:FOR[NearFutureLaunchVehicles]
{
   @TechRequired = specializedFuelStorage
}

Those should be "nflv-fueltank-adapter-75-5-1" and "nflv-fueltank-adapter-75-5-2", respectively, correct?

EP-50 engine plate appears to have some broken physics from most recent patch. It somehow fixes the rocket in place, as if it has infinite inertia. It broke my Saturn V design. :(

04Qw0ol.jpg

Edit: Wait, sorry, this isn't one of your parts. Hmm, need to do more digging.

Edited by afafsa

4 hours ago, afafsa said:

EP-50 engine plate appears to have some broken physics from most recent patch. It somehow fixes the rocket in place, as if it has infinite inertia. It broke my Saturn V design. :(

Edit: Wait, sorry, this isn't one of your parts. Hmm, need to do more digging.

It's probably TweakScale.   It doesn't handle anything that uses the stock variant system to change cost or mass. That matches the symptoms. The Structural tubes and engine plates are the primary offenders. TweakScale should be warning you about these on load.

Is the rover antenna AX-4 Pointable Helical Antenna really intended to have a mass of 95kg or is that a typo?

And on the topic of balance, when i compare AX-5 Aerial Micro Antenna with the good old Communotron 16, the former only provides 150k antenna power while the latter provides 500k at the same mass. The AX also has less feed effectiveness (50% vs 90%) and less bandwidth (2.6 vs 3.3). Although one redeeming factor for the AX might be its smaller form factor, which can very well be the intended balance point come to think of it :) Maybe a slightly reduced mass value could convey its intended usage better.

edit: I would also like to point out that the AX-5 has an extended wind resistance of 55 kPa while its siblings can only withstand 5 kPa.

I'll also take this chance to thank for the whole suite of Near Future mods! 

Edited by canisin

22 minutes ago, canisin said:

Is the rover antenna AX-4 Pointable Helical Antenna really intended to have a mass of 95kg or is that a typo?

And on the topic of balance, when i compare AX-5 Aerial Micro Antenna with the good old Communotron 16, the former only provides 150k antenna power while the latter provides 500k at the same mass. The AX also has less feed effectiveness (50% vs 90%) and less bandwidth (2.6 vs 3.3). Although one redeeming factor for the AX might be its smaller form factor, which can very well be the intended balance point come to think of it :) Maybe a slightly reduced mass value could convey its intended usage better.

I'll also take this chance to thank for the whole suite of Near Future mods! 

As far as I could tell the rover Antennas (antennae?) have price & efficiency of transmission as their distinguishing factor. 

@Nertea  I can provide a log if you want, but I think these are self explanatory.

A few NFLV config file errors:

nflv-decoupler-75-1.cfg and nflv-separator-75-1.cfg, missing comma after 0.231

fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, 0.231, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, decouple

nflv-cargo-tube-75-1.cfg, missing comma after 0.2

fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, 0.2, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, decouple

I see dozens of errors from NF Solar compiling one part related to a missing texture property

[LOG 08:37:55.752] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'NearFutureSolar/Parts/SolarPanels/deploying-advanced/nfs-panel-deploying-advanced-2x20-hub-1/nfs-panel-deploying-advanced-2x20-hub-1'
[ERR 08:37:55.762] Material doesn't have a texture property '_SpecMap'
[ERR 08:37:55.762] Material doesn't have a texture property '_SpecMap'