[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

CKAN Support Questions?
A: Talk to CKAN folks, CKAN is not supported. This is because KerbalActuators, a dependency of this mod, is specifically NOT listed on CKAN.

Am I missing something? I think it's on ckan for a long time, but I think kerbalactuators was version bonded(now set to any version) so it doesn't show up on 1.10 installation etc.

Edited by ssd21345

6 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

Am I missing something? I think it's on ckan for a long time, but I think kerbalactuators was version bonded(now set to any version) so it doesn't show up on 1.10 installation etc.

KA wasn't on CKAN until fairly recently, I haven't removed that thing yet because lazy.

Any tips on how to get the camera views working for the main MFD in IVA? This is using the standard JSI external radial mount camera. As you can see it works fine on the other MFDs, just not the big one. I have ASET props and RPM installed, just not sure why it won't work for that one type of display. 

4HukiJz.png

When I used Near Future Spacecraft parts, the dragon 2 inspired command pod had a capacity for 3 kerbals, however, I have seen a few crafts using it and stating it has a capacity of 4. Any explanation? Is that some patch?

Here's an example of such craft from NationStates' Aurora program. (Aurora Program | Kerbal States | Kerbin Space Exploration Administration)

1.1-mk10-aurora-crew-vehicle.png?w=1024

1 hour ago, DiscountSpaceNerd said:

When I used Near Future Spacecraft parts, the dragon 2 inspired command pod had a capacity for 3 kerbals, however, I have seen a few crafts using it and stating it has a capacity of 4. Any explanation? Is that some patch?

Here's an example of such craft from NationStates' Aurora program. (Aurora Program | Kerbal States | Kerbin Space Exploration Administration)

Very Nice. Kerbal States of Kamerika

3 hours ago, DiscountSpaceNerd said:

Are you sure you haven't confused it with one of the other Dragon mods? This one certainly has 3 seats. 

On 12/10/2020 at 9:04 PM, Nertea said:

Are you sure you haven't confused it with one of the other Dragon mods? This one certainly has 3 seats. 

I am pretty sure that's the one. I thought of modifying the part file and using the IVA of the federatsia based one, because I think it looks kind of similar, which might be what the linked craft creator did. but it Is this part. 

Thanks!

On 12/10/2020 at 10:39 AM, DiscountSpaceNerd said:

Kerbals are 2/3 the size of human?  That would explain it away so it must be true

On 12/9/2020 at 2:49 PM, Lunar Sea said:

Any tips on how to get the camera views working for the main MFD in IVA? This is using the standard JSI external radial mount camera. As you can see it works fine on the other MFDs, just not the big one. I have ASET props and RPM installed, just not sure why it won't work for that one type of display. 

4HukiJz.png

Any takers?

On 12/10/2020 at 11:39 PM, DiscountSpaceNerd said:

Hey, I have seen pictures like this before, how did they make it? I know Kronal Vessel Viewer can do something similar.

2 hours ago, RandomKerbal said:

Hey, I have seen pictures like this before, how did they make it? I know Kronal Vessel Viewer can do something similar.

In their mod list (in the site), there are three mods they made for making the blueprints, patches and decals. 

That's the link for blueprint one.

Edited by DiscountSpaceNerd
I checked what I initially said I thought, and added a link

On 11/26/2020 at 4:39 PM, KawaiiLucy said:

The HVR-Two heavy lift fan isn't interactible with after placing, highlighting does not occur either when hovering over it with the mouse.

https://imgur.com/9vvKNIq

I am getting the same issue with the newest version of NF Aeronautics.

Also getting errors in the log with NFA parts. FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value'

Other than the HVR-Two everything seems to work.

Installing the old version with the latest dependencies fixed both issues.

Edited by Ocid

48 minutes ago, Ocid said:

I am getting the same issue with the newest version of NF Aeronautics.

Also getting errors in the log with NFA parts. FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value'

Other than the HVR-Two everything seems to work.

Installing the old version with the latest dependencies fixed both issues.

Yeah aware just haven't got around to fixing it.

3 hours ago, Frag2000 said:

anyone has those marvelous component tested out with 1.11 yet?

NF Solar and Propulsion haven't crashed anything yet; I've been going through mods in small batches to help isolate any with issues.  I'd be surprised if anything that wasn't ReStock didn't work.

NF Propulsion 1.3.0

• Marked for KSP 1.11
  • Updated CRP to 1.4.2
  • Set many parts as usable in inventories roughly following stock model: most 0.625m parts, smaller 1.25m parts, all RCS
  • Added Waterfall support to all engines and RCS
  • Soft-deprecated atmospheric resource mining equipment
  • Small fixes to lit RCS controllers

NF Electrical 1.20

• KSP 1.11
  • Updated DynamicBatteryStorage to 2.2.1
  • Updated CRP to 1.4.2
  • Set many parts as usable in inventories roughly following stock model: most 0.625m parts, smaller 1.25m parts

NF Solar

• KSP 1.11
  • Set many panels as useable in inventories in various ways

NF Construction

• KSP 1.11.x
  • Fix crewed truss angled adapter attach node.
  • Set many parts as useable in inventories/construction mode

NF Spacecraft 1.4.0

• KSP 1.11
  • Updated NearFutureProps to 0.6.4
  • Added inventories to all command parts
  • Set up appropriate parts for cargo, etc
  • Upgraded Pandora docking light to new light system
  • Added Waterfall support to Pandora light
  • Added Waterfall support to engines

NF Launch Vehicles

• KSP 1.11
  • Updated DeployableEngines to 1.2.3
  • Hidden parts now have zero tech cost (Wyzard256)
  • Updated Russian localization (r4nd0m)
  • Made some parts (but not many) storeable in inventories
  • Added Waterfall support to most if not all engines
  • Adjusted thrust of all large monopropellant RCS to 10 kN per jet
  • Adjusted thrust of all large bipropellant RCS to 8 kN per jet

NF Exploration 1.10

• Marked compatible for KSP 1.11
  • Applied storeablity/EVA construction parameters to many parts

@Nertea, congrats on the updates!  I'm looking forward to trying everything out, especially the Waterfall effects.

One minor bug to report: In NF Propulsion, MM throws a single warning.    This (EDIT:  sometimes) only appears in the loading screen when MM caches/databases have been cleared and, after recycling the game, with new caches/databases built, MM (EDIT: sometimesseems satisfied with its own "fix".  It doesn't (EDIT: always) show the warning while loading, but it does still appear in the log.  Below are excerpts, with WRN lines highlighted, when starting with cleared cache/databases. 

Spoiler

[LOG 11:32:49.675] Deleting root node in file NearFuturePropulsion/Patches/NFPropulsionLH2RCS node: +PART[rcsblock-mpdt-triple-01]:NEEDS[CryoTanks]:FOR[NearFuturePropulsion] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS
[LOG 11:32:49.675] Deleting root node in file NearFuturePropulsion/Patches/NFPropulsionLH2RCS node: +PART[rcsblock-mpdt-single-01]:NEEDS[CryoTanks]:FOR[NearFuturePropulsion] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS
[WRN 11:32:49.676] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: NearFuturePropulsion/Patches/Waterfall/NearFuturePropulsionWaterfallHallEffect/@PART[ionArgon-0625]:NEEDS[Waterfall]:FOR[NearFuturePropulsion]:FOR[NearFuturePropulsion]
[LOG 11:32:49.676] Deleting root node in file NearFuturePropulsion/Patches/Waterfall/NearFuturePropulsionWaterfallHallEffect node: @PART[ionArgon-0625]:NEEDS[Waterfall]:FOR[NearFuturePropulsion]:FOR[NearFuturePropulsion] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS
[LOG 11:32:49.676] Deleting root node in file NearFuturePropulsion/Patches/Waterfall/NearFuturePropulsionWaterfallHallEffect node: @PART[ionArgon-0625-2]:NEEDS[Waterfall]:FOR[NearFuturePropulsion] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS
[LOG 11:32:49.676] Deleting root node in file NearFuturePropulsion/Patches/Waterfall/NearFuturePropulsionWaterfallHallEffect node: @PART[ionArgon-0625-3]:NEEDS[Waterfall]:FOR[NearFuturePropulsion] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS

and then again here:

[LOG 11:32:49.923] :AFTER[ZZZZZZ-B9PARTSWITCH] pass
[LOG 11:32:49.924] :FINAL pass
[LOG 11:32:49.925] Done patching
[WRN 11:32:49.925] 1 warning related to GameData/NearFuturePropulsion/Patches/Waterfall/NearFuturePropulsionWaterfallHallEffect.cfg
[LOG 11:32:49.925] Saving Cache
[LOG 11:32:50.050] Saving cache
[LOG 11:32:50.537] ModuleManager: 40 patches applied, found <color=yellow>1 warning</color>

[LOG 11:32:50.537] Ran in 1.569s
[LOG 11:32:50.567] Done!

I can provide full logs if needed, before and after MM does its "fix", but this should be easy to replicate.  I did this is KSP 1.11 running Win10Pro 20H2, with no Expansions or other mods installed.  I don't know if this causes a tangible problem, other than popping up as a red herring when diagnosing errors on other mods.

EDIT 2: FYI, Nertea found the problem - duplicate FOR [NearFuturePropulsion] statements on that part.

Edited by KSPrynk