[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

I believe that it's a Unity error, at least that's what a brief google search shows me.  Have you tried reinstalling or, better yet, installing a second, clean version of KSP and seeing if you can repeat the error?  Add your mods in small groups and run the game until you repeat the error or problem behaviour. 

If you've downloaded via Steam you can check the integrity of the game from within the Steam client.

I can't display your log anymore for some reason so I can't pursue this.

22 hours ago, Souptime said:

So i installed the updated versions of these mods and now whenever i load KSP when i click anything on the main menu it wont do anything, just sit there

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1igZ5S83BvMiFscYcvQad8mJqCLOaQ7FD/view?usp=sharing

I see a pile of errors unrelated to my stuff in that log. 

On 12/23/2020 at 8:38 PM, PocketBrotector said:

I'm using KSP 1.10.1 with the newest Near Future mod suite. According to the version files and CKAN, this should be fine, but actually this is Fine. Parts that have had ModuleCargoPart added to them can't be clicked in the VAB and suffer from severe z-fighting if they have multiple variants available. I created and tested a quick and dirty hotfix and it appears to fix the problem:

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCargoPart]]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleCargoPart]{}
}

Could you try this? It should preserve the modules for 1.11 and delete them in 1.1.0.

// Deletes part inventories in KSP < 1.11
@PART[*]:HAS[ModuleInventoryPart]:NEEDS[!Squad/Parts/Engine/Size2LFB_v2]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart] {}
}

// Deletes cargo partmodule in KSP < 1.11
@PART[*]:HAS[ModuleCargoPart]:NEEDS[!Squad/Parts/Engine/Size2LFB_v2]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleCargoPart] {}
}

7 minutes ago, Souptime said:

hmm... it only started to happen when i updated your mods, time for tech support

Strip out everything that's not my mods and try again. In particular there are a ton of TweakScale errors.

13 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

Small bug with the Pandora command pod. There is a constant glow from the light regardless if it is on or off. I believe this comes from waterfall.

bleh.

Added NFA to 1.11 complete list

• KSP 1.11.x
  • Updated bundled KerbalActuators to 1.8.3
  • Updated bundled DeployableEngines to 1.2.3
  • Updated CRP to 1.4.2
  • Made a few parts usable with the inventory system
  • Buffed nuclear jet engine static thrust at low speeds by ~30%
  • Fixed HVR-TWO colliders
  • Fixed endcap separation on most engines

4 hours ago, wisdomsavingthrow said:

Got a couple for ya, one in NF Aero and one in NF Spacecraft. The fan animations still seem to be busted in 1.11, and the Callisto pod from NFS has a slight separation between joins on the top.

Are you sure? I just tested this and the fans spin fine. Check your dependencies, particularly KerbalActuators. If everything seems fine, please provide mod list and logs.

8 hours ago, tonimark said:

i see that on near future aeronautics only the tertiaty download link works , both primary and secondary links works but are unupdated , consider updating both primary and secondary download links for near future aeronautics

Weird, I'll check it out.

I have an issue I think is related to near future. I made a new "mother ship" that carries a lander. I undocked my lander and when I came back to the mothership for docking, I noticed that A) the RCS jets on the callisto heavy command pod were firing, except no rcs was being used and B) I couldn't click UI buttons any more. Something broke, and I get this error in the log:

Bear Future Spacecraft Version 1.4.1 for KSP 1.11.1

[LOG 15:50:14.280] Game Paused!
[LOG 15:50:14.281] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI
[EXC 15:50:15.044] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PartModule.get_HasAdjusters () (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	PartModule.Save (ConfigNode node) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	ProtoPartModuleSnapshot..ctor (PartModule module) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (Part PartRef, ProtoVessel protoVessel, System.Boolean preCreate) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (Part PartRef, ProtoVessel protoVessel) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	ProtoVessel..ctor (Vessel VesselRef, System.Boolean preCreate) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	ProtoVessel..ctor (Vessel VesselRef) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	Vessel.BackupVessel () (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	FlightState..ctor () (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	Game.Updated (GameScenes startSceneOverride) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	Game.Updated () (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c

I had to force-quit the game. Next time I tried undocking and came back, and the same situation happened again.

NPkmi1c.png

Edited by viveleroi

On 12/28/2020 at 3:35 AM, tonimark said:

i see that on near future aeronautics only the tertiaty download link works , both primary and secondary links works but are unupdated , consider updating both primary and secondary download links for near future aeronautics

I thought there was something funny when I downloaded it and then noticed the files said they were from August.

I can confirm that on the tertiary download link (github), the files say they are from after Christmas.

2 hours ago, viveleroi said:

I have an issue I think is related to near future. I made a new "mother ship" that carries a lander. I undocked my lander and when I came back to the mothership for docking, I noticed that A) the RCS jets on the callisto heavy command pod were firing, except no rcs was being used and B) I couldn't click UI buttons any more. Something broke, and I get this error in the log:

Bear Future Spacecraft Version 1.4.1 for KSP 1.11.1

[LOG 15:50:14.280] Game Paused!
[LOG 15:50:14.281] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI
[EXC 15:50:15.044] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PartModule.get_HasAdjusters () (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	PartModule.Save (ConfigNode node) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	ProtoPartModuleSnapshot..ctor (PartModule module) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (Part PartRef, ProtoVessel protoVessel, System.Boolean preCreate) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (Part PartRef, ProtoVessel protoVessel) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	ProtoVessel..ctor (Vessel VesselRef, System.Boolean preCreate) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	ProtoVessel..ctor (Vessel VesselRef) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	Vessel.BackupVessel () (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	FlightState..ctor () (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	Game.Updated (GameScenes startSceneOverride) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
	Game.Updated () (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c

I had to force-quit the game. Next time I tried undocking and came back, and the same situation happened again.

Hmm, don't really know what I could have that does that. Full log please, module manager cache, mod list, hopefully reproduction steps.

4 hours ago, Nertea said:

Hmm, don't really know what I could have that does that. Full log please, module manager cache, mod list, hopefully reproduction steps.

Log: https://botsko.s3.amazonaws.com/KSP.log

Mod List: https://botsko.s3.amazonaws.com/mods.txt

Craft: https://botsko.s3.amazonaws.com/Mothership Nuria.craft

Not sure where a cache is for the module manager, so here's the config cache which seems like it might be what you want: https://botsko.s3.amazonaws.com/ModuleManager.ConfigCache

I've never had this problem until I made this craft. I'm not 100% sure it's NF at fault for the UI problem, but the RCS "effect" playing for that part only means it's at least affected in a way nothing else was.

I launched the ship, went to the Mun, undocked the "lander", landed on the Mun, launched back to Mun orbit and rendezvoused with the ship. At that point I saw it's RCS thrusters firing. I've never seen that happen for ships I wasn't switched to, and I worried it was draining all my monopropellant. It was just a visual thing, but at this point I also noticed the UI buttons were broken too. I couldn't save, go back to the space center, or quit. Every time I tried, I'd get the error in the console I posted above.

I force-quit the game, re-launched, had to rendezvous again, and it worked fine. But, everything broke again after I undocked and repeated the steps above.

I just installed the NF Launch Vehicles mod after some time again, and I realized that the mod's 5m parts replace the respective Making History parts. The models are amazing, but the modded fairings don't have all the variants the stock ones do, like the metallic "silver" look. I tried fiddling around in the .cfg to add the variants but I'm too smooth-brained to set it up properly (The fairing textures work, but the base stays orange when selecting the "Silver" variant)

Is there a way to switch to stock MH parts for certain modded parts?  Just deleting the parts doesn't work (i have no idea what im doing)

15 hours ago, Kevus said:

I just installed the NF Launch Vehicles mod after some time again, and I realized that the mod's 5m parts replace the respective Making History parts. The models are amazing, but the modded fairings don't have all the variants the stock ones do, like the metallic "silver" look. I tried fiddling around in the .cfg to add the variants but I'm too smooth-brained to set it up properly (The fairing textures work, but the base stays orange when selecting the "Silver" variant)

Is there a way to switch to stock MH parts for certain modded parts?  Just deleting the parts doesn't work (i have no idea what im doing)

Delete or modify this patch: https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/NearFutureLaunchVehicles/blob/master/GameData/NearFutureLaunchVehicles/Patches/NFLaunchVehiclesOverlappingParts.cfg

On 12/29/2020 at 11:40 PM, viveleroi said:

Log: https://botsko.s3.amazonaws.com/KSP.log

Mod List: https://botsko.s3.amazonaws.com/mods.txt

Craft: https://botsko.s3.amazonaws.com/Mothership Nuria.craft

Not sure where a cache is for the module manager, so here's the config cache which seems like it might be what you want: https://botsko.s3.amazonaws.com/ModuleManager.ConfigCache

I've never had this problem until I made this craft. I'm not 100% sure it's NF at fault for the UI problem, but the RCS "effect" playing for that part only means it's at least affected in a way nothing else was.

I launched the ship, went to the Mun, undocked the "lander", landed on the Mun, launched back to Mun orbit and rendezvoused with the ship. At that point I saw it's RCS thrusters firing. I've never seen that happen for ships I wasn't switched to, and I worried it was draining all my monopropellant. It was just a visual thing, but at this point I also noticed the UI buttons were broken too. I couldn't save, go back to the space center, or quit. Every time I tried, I'd get the error in the console I posted above.

I force-quit the game, re-launched, had to rendezvous again, and it worked fine. But, everything broke again after I undocked and repeated the steps above.

This error doesn't seem to show up in the log so it's difficult to investigate further.

All I can say is that the error you posted before is something breaking the save pipeline, which tends to destroy the game. None of these mods affects the save pipeline in any way, which is why I'm a bit doubtful. If you can get me a log with the actual event occurring, or if you can isolate the problem to an install with only my mods, I might be able to do more investigation. 

From your mod list, the things that are 'dangerous' (in a sense that they have deep hooks into my parts) are TweakScale and KSPI.

20 minutes ago, Nertea said:

This error doesn't seem to show up in the log so it's difficult to investigate further.

All I can say is that the error you posted before is something breaking the save pipeline, which tends to destroy the game. None of these mods affects the save pipeline in any way, which is why I'm a bit doubtful. If you can get me a log with the actual event occurring, or if you can isolate the problem to an install with only my mods, I might be able to do more investigation. 

From your mod list, the things that are 'dangerous' (in a sense that they have deep hooks into my parts) are TweakScale and KSPI.

I must have grabbed the log post-reboot. My bad.

Next time it happens I'll grab it immediately. I tried the same flight process again last night but before the moment things broke the past two times, I quit to the tracking station and re-loaded my lander. When I docked with the mothership this time, it was not broken.