[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

I think NF suite had attachable reaction wheels somewhere, but I don't think they would be powerful enough for the job you have in mind.

Other than that... I can't think of anything in 7.5m size. The closest I can think of is SpaceY 3.75m and 5m half-ring reaction wheels that can be surface-attached on cylindrical parts (and can be tweakscaled as you need),

Edited by NHunter

1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

Are there any tweakscale patches for NF Solar Panels? I can't seem to find any...

You can make one yourself:

@PART[nfs-panel-*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FOR[NearFutureSolar] {
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = free
	}
}

Put this into a .cfg and save it anywhere in Gamedata.

39 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

You can make one yourself:

@PART[nfs-panel-*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FOR[NearFutureSolar] {
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = free
	}
}

Put this into a .cfg and save it anywhere in Gamedata.

This way leads to madness - if you continue down this dark path, create a folder with a name you can remember (could just be YOUR name) and dump all your one-off MM patches like this into it. As a side note, (and to stay somewhat on thread topic) these can also be used to do crazy things like modifying Nertea's carefully-crafted part stats to other values if you don't like them, adding resources to support other mods, (or just because you think that station part NEEDS to have a small monopropellant reserve tank) or to remove things you don't want. The details of which can be better served on the Module Manager thread.

1 minute ago, panarchist said:

This way leads to madness - if you continue down this dark path, create a folder with a name you can remember (could just be YOUR name) and dump all your one-off MM patches like this into it. As a side note, (and to stay somewhat on thread topic) these can also be used to do crazy things like modifying Nertea's carefully-crafted part stats to other values if you don't like them, adding resources to support other mods, (or just because you think that station part NEEDS to have a small monopropellant reserve tank) or to remove things you don't want. The details of which can be better served on the Module Manager thread.

Don't worry, I'm pretty familiar with MM patches. Just putting that module in a cfg in gamedata should do it, right?

Just now, alberro+ said:

Don't worry, I'm pretty familiar with MM patches. Just putting that module in a cfg in gamedata should do it, right?

Yep, as @Cheesecakesaid in the post above mine. The comment is more for the benefit of others - I generally presume anybody with several hundred posts or rep knows their way around a patch. :-D

1 minute ago, panarchist said:

Yep, as @Cheesecakesaid in the post above mine. The comment is more for the benefit of others - I generally presume anybody with several hundred posts or rep knows their way around a patch. :-D

Ah no worries! Some people are weirded out by MM patches, It's great to let them know how to get around it. :D

5 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

Me: absolutely no knowledge :(

4 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

:blush: I’ve got no clue. 

4 hours ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

Lol, same.:blush:

Clearly, I am mistaken. :D  Never say "always", "every/everyone/everybody", "none/no one/nobody", "all", "never" or "any/anyone/anybody" without a qualifier.

Let me add this to my prior comment, however. A benefit to putting your own patches into your own folder instead of another app or the game directory root is that it clearly identifies where your changes are, which you need when your own patches break another mod. (also makes it easier for the troubleshooters when they can say "Hey, what's that 'KSP_AWESOME' mod in your GameData?")

And most importantly, if you ever share a patch you made to @Nertea's mods, (or anyone else's) clearly identify and articulate that the patch is YOURS and that support requests for it should go to YOU and not the mod maker whose things you're modifying.

Especially if you're going to be like me, and run 60-85 mods with a total of over 15,000 items patched during load.

11 hours ago, Starseeker said:

Out of curiosity, what's the Cougar engine from NF Launchers based on? Given the looks of the two-chambered version, I want to say RD-191 (and RD-180 for the two-chamber), but I'm not certain.

I do believe those engines were supposed to be used on the MAKC spaceplane, the one that would launch from an antonov 225 mirya

MAKS, a variable geometry, tripropellant spaceplane designed to launch from  the top of an An-225 (More in the comments) : RadRockets

Hello Nertea, Gotta say huge fan! Love the detail you always put into your mods! Huge fan of small details and you always knock it outta the park! Anyway, i use a bunch of the near future tech like the spacecraft one, and i recently downloaded the lauch vehicles and the MK IV mod. but when i loaded KSP only narwald and proteus from space crafts remained. all the others like phoebe and the rest were missing? i'm not sure what else from the mod is gone but i noticed the landing legs are still there. But I just thought i'd ask if you'd ever heard of this issue before. I removed the launch vehicles mod but kepts the MK 4. and they are still gone. Also i can't seem to get rastorprop to work in the mk 4? Im using CKAN for all this, if that helps btw. Thanks for you time!

Hi Nertea, have you considered making any engines for either this mod or ReStock+ to fill these nodes on the community tech tree?

https://i.imgur.com/yixdQr1.png

https://i.imgur.com/kaTpKVd.png

Would be neat to have something providing thrust on the level of the Rocketdyne F-1 or NPO Energomash RD-170 without clustering smaller engines.

12 hours ago, JSlone said:

Hello Nertea, Gotta say huge fan! Love the detail you always put into your mods! Huge fan of small details and you always knock it outta the park! Anyway, i use a bunch of the near future tech like the spacecraft one, and i recently downloaded the lauch vehicles and the MK IV mod. but when i loaded KSP only narwald and proteus from space crafts remained. all the others like phoebe and the rest were missing? i'm not sure what else from the mod is gone but i noticed the landing legs are still there. But I just thought i'd ask if you'd ever heard of this issue before. I removed the launch vehicles mod but kepts the MK 4. and they are still gone. Also i can't seem to get rastorprop to work in the mk 4? Im using CKAN for all this, if that helps btw. Thanks for you time!

1 hour ago, Shoujo Q said:

Hi Nertea, have you considered making any engines for either this mod or ReStock+ to fill these nodes on the community tech tree?

https://i.imgur.com/yixdQr1.png

https://i.imgur.com/kaTpKVd.png

Would be neat to have something providing thrust on the level of the Rocketdyne F-1 or NPO Energomash RD-170 without clustering smaller engines.

Considering the underscaled nature of rockets in KSP, this isn't really required. People seem to be able to create nice Saturns with 5x Mastodons, even, which are ~ 1.5 MN in KSP. 

12 hours ago, JSlone said:

Can't do much without logs and the like, but glad you like the mod(s).