Jump to content

[1.11.x] Near Future Technologies (All1.11.x)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, KSPrynk said:

after recycling the game, with new caches/databases built, MM seems satisfied with its own "fix".  It doesn't show the warning while loading

@Nertea, UPDATE to above: The MM "fix" doesn't always take.  I added all the rest of my mods, including most of the NFT, Cryo, and KA updates, and the warning still persists on the loading screen, even after a recycle.  The logs show it's the same warning though.

I haven't installed Waterfall yet.  I'll try to download that and try it out later today.

EDIT: FYI, Nertea found the problem - duplicate FOR [NearFuturePropulsion] statements on that part.

Edited by KSPrynk
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KSPrynk said:

One minor bug to report: In NF Propulsion, MM throws a single warning.    This only appears in the loading screen when MM caches/databases have been cleared and, after recycling the game, with new caches/databases built, MM seems satisfied with its own "fix".  It doesn't show the warning while loading, but it does still appear in the log.  Below are excerpts, with WRN lines highlighted, when starting with cleared cache/databases. 

 

Eh that's harmless, I'll fix it later. Basically I wrote:

@PART[ionArgon-0625]:NEEDS[Waterfall]:FOR[NearFuturePropulsion]:FOR[NearFuturePropulsion].

See the issue? :P If you are bothered you can go into that file and remove the duplication.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nertea said:

Eh that's harmless, I'll fix it later. Basically I wrote:

@PART[ionArgon-0625]:NEEDS[Waterfall]:FOR[NearFuturePropulsion]:FOR[NearFuturePropulsion].

See the issue? :P If you are bothered you can go into that file and remove the duplication.

Ah.  I think I get it - NEEDS.  Let me try out Waterfall and get back to you.  Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KSPrynk said:

Ah.  I think I get it - NEEDS.  Let me try out Waterfall and get back to you.  Thanks.

Uh, just to be clear there are two instances of FOR[NearFuturePropulsion] when there should only be one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nertea said:

Uh, just to be clear there are two instances of FOR[NearFuturePropulsion] when there should only be one. 

Yeah, thanks.  I figured that out just now, after I added Waterfall and it didn't solve the problem :lol:.  Pfft.  Sorry for the drama.  At least it made me download Waterfall....

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the latest NF Spacefcraft I see you added the stock inventory... but it not sure the sizes are making sense to me... the larger capsules look good but for example the smaller 2 person Rhea has 4 slots at 200L,  while the larger Tethys 3 person capsule has 3 slots and 180L. The 1 person Phoebe has 3 slots and 60L, while the 2 person Proteus has 2 sots and 50L. 

I agree that KIS 110L per person was overly generous, but 50L for 2 people seems downright stingy :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using KSP 1.10.1 with the newest Near Future mod suite. According to the version files and CKAN, this should be fine, but actually this is Fine. Parts that have had ModuleCargoPart added to them can't be clicked in the VAB and suffer from severe z-fighting if they have multiple variants available. I created and tested a quick and dirty hotfix and it appears to fix the problem:

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCargoPart]]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleCargoPart]{}
}

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason Near Future Exploration is bugged for me. (KSP 1.10.1). I don't know what the issue is because it was working fine for me the other day and I haven't added anything to my install.

I've attached photos of my issue below. The right click menu does not even pop up and all the parts instantly go to the gold texture and are very buggy.

Spoiler

aaaL7rQ.pngvlqbUhi.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj1p3a169hm61lo/Player - Copy.log?dl=0

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

I'm using KSP 1.10.1 with the newest Near Future mod suite. According to the version files and CKAN, this should be fine, but actually this is Fine. Parts that have had ModuleCargoPart added to them can't be clicked in the VAB and suffer from severe z-fighting if they have multiple variants available. I created and tested a quick and dirty hotfix and it appears to fix the problem:

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCargoPart]]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleCargoPart]{}
}

 

Ah, this is going to be a pain. I hadn't realized that cargo still existed previous to this, it was just limited to Breaking Ground, assumed the modules would just not work instead of conflicting with a previous implementation. 

Trying to think up a way to fix this. 

7 hours ago, Atlas Gaming said:

In the latest NF Spacefcraft I see you added the stock inventory... but it not sure the sizes are making sense to me... the larger capsules look good but for example the smaller 2 person Rhea has 4 slots at 200L,  while the larger Tethys 3 person capsule has 3 slots and 180L. The 1 person Phoebe has 3 slots and 60L, while the 2 person Proteus has 2 sots and 50L. 

I agree that KIS 110L per person was overly generous, but 50L for 2 people seems downright stingy :)

 

Uh so it is a first pass, but the smaller capsules have volumes that are more related to their space. The 1 person Phoebe has only one crewman and alot of space for cargo, where the Proteus is really cramped with 2 people and not a lot of room for extra. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A dumb interim solution would be to get the cargo patches to NEED something that is only present in 1.11... like needing the SQUAD folder with a part named Twin Boar V2 (can't remember the exact name of it)

Edited by Poodmund
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure... But if I can suggest just a bit more space would go a long way.

I set up my mod to default to enough space to store both parachute and EVA pack for all kerbals in pod and preferably a bit more room for fix-it kits .

I know kerbals in stock are less than 1m tall... but as reference Souz capsule has 7500 liters for crew,  30 days of life support, and other cargo :) While SpaceX Dragon Capsule is 10,000 liters of pressurized space for same.

Edited by Atlas Gaming
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Atlas Gaming said:

Sure... But if I can suggest just a bit more space would go a long way.

I set up my mod to default to enough space to store both parachute and EVA pack for all kerbals in pod and preferably a bit more room for fix-it kits .

I know kerbals in stock are less than 1m tall... but as reference Souz capsule has 7500 liters for crew,  30 days of life support, and other cargo :) While SpaceX Dragon Capsule is 10,000 liters of pressurized space for same.

I'll think about it, but I'm basing this on the stock mk1 capsule having 50L of space. Jam another person and built-in RCS in there (the Proteus) without really increasing the outer volume and you're not making more cargo space, you're making less.

Personally, I think that the pod having enough space to store almost everything isn't great. Having limited cargo space encourages use of cargo storage parts or hard decisions about what to bring along. It also gives me another balance lever to differentiate between the small pods, when I really only had crew capacity before.

Comparisons to real life also should be tertiary concerns when looking at balance.

Edited by Nertea
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hemeac said:

Based off of Nertea's comments, I think this will break the breaking ground inventory parts, so just a heads up. 

My version (basically identical) does not, as pre-1.11 deployed science uses ModuleDeployedScience, not ModuleCargoPart. It may still use ModuleDeployedScience in 1.11+.  Solutions of this kind work just fine with no unintended consequences.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Souptime said:

So i installed the updated versions of these mods and now whenever i load KSP when i click anything on the main menu it wont do anything, just sit there

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1igZ5S83BvMiFscYcvQad8mJqCLOaQ7FD/view?usp=sharing

I think your log link is private.  You may want to make it public so others can offer their advice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Souptime said:

So i installed the updated versions of these mods and now whenever i load KSP when i click anything on the main menu it wont do anything, just sit there

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1igZ5S83BvMiFscYcvQad8mJqCLOaQ7FD/view?usp=sharing

Before anything else, you've got log spam "You cannot show two modal windows at once".  Suggest you find the solution to that first.  I don't think it's a NF problem, but I could be wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brigadier said:

Before anything else, you've got log spam "You cannot show two modal windows at once".  Suggest you find the solution to that first.  I don't think it's a NF problem, but I could be wrong.

i have no idea what that means or how to fix it because i am smoothbrained

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...