Jump to content

[1.11.x] Near Future Technologies (All1.11.x)


Recommended Posts

On 1/23/2021 at 3:47 AM, derega16 said:

How can I delete deprecated parts? I just noticed that somehow my NFE nuclear reprocessor show with the old model instead of new one. The new one show in research screen but don't show in VAB.

Use the mod Janitors Closet. Its a must  have. You click the part and it will remove it from the list. It has two options, one just hides it, the other renames it so it doesn't load. Will save load times too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

apologies if this was mentioned... but I am seeing the electrical output from any of the reactors drop under warp (down to zero for fast enough warp)... Anyone else has seen this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, pp3d said:

apologies if this was mentioned... but I am seeing the electrical output from any of the reactors drop under warp (down to zero for fast enough warp)... Anyone else has seen this?

Just ran a little test and didn't see anything like this (1.25m reactor + sufficient cooling). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nertea said:

Just ran a little test and didn't see anything like this (1.25m reactor + sufficient cooling). 

alright, thanks... i'll check it as a standalone. I might have interference from another mod

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys I just got into playing ksp again and i noticed that the near future mods wich i used to ejoy are only compatible with an older version of the game. How are you guys playing with these mods? I installed them with curse and the parts arent showing up ingame so i have to assume its because the mods are optimised for 1.11.0. right? Is there a way to reset my game to an older version or do the mods work in the newest version for you guys?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JackSevenlost said:

Hey guys I just got into playing ksp again and i noticed that the near future mods wich i used to ejoy are only compatible with an older version of the game. How are you guys playing with these mods? I installed them with curse and the parts arent showing up ingame so i have to assume its because the mods are optimised for 1.11.0. right? Is there a way to reset my game to an older version or do the mods work in the newest version for you guys?

Don't install with Curse. The client puts files in the wrong place which will break the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm having some trouble running Near Future Propulsion on KSP 1.11.1, and I think the problem is that it depends on B9 Part Switch which isn't compatible with 1.11. But it looks like people in this thread are using 1.11 without problems, so how are you managing that?

 

Edit: Nevermind, mere moments after posting this I had the idea to simply delete my B9 Part Switch folder and it seems to be running fine. I guess the functionality was bundled or something.

Edited by Migratory_Coconut
Link to post
Share on other sites

All the Near Future Technologies mods aren't working for 1.11.1, at least not properly. None of the parts show up except for the 5m and 7.5m farings, which have no models or textures. However, I can build farings with them that go as wide as the listed maximum, so it's not like KSP doesn't see them. The only other mod besides the Near Future Technologies modpack is Mechjeb2, which shouldn't have anything to do with what Near Future Technologies is doing.

I have already re-installed KSP, and validated the files, but the result is the same. I downloaded my copies from Spaceport, and they have already been unzipped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, intelliCom said:

All the Near Future Technologies mods aren't working for 1.11.1, at least not properly. None of the parts show up except for the 5m and 7.5m farings, which have no models or textures. However, I can build farings with them that go as wide as the listed maximum, so it's not like KSP doesn't see them. The only other mod besides the Near Future Technologies modpack is Mechjeb2, which shouldn't have anything to do with what Near Future Technologies is doing.

I have already re-installed KSP, and validated the files, but the result is the same. I downloaded my copies from Spaceport, and they have already been unzipped.

Hi. Welcome to the boards. To get help, usually you need logs. Please read this:

Remember, as stated in the post I just linked, do not try to post your log into the forum and don't just post a snippet of your log. Follow the instructions and you will likely find there are a lot of people here who are happy to help you figure out your problem. :)

(Also: make sure you have the dependencies for the mod downloaded and installed as well!)

Edited by eightiesboi
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

Hi. Welcome to the boards. To get help, usually you need logs. Please read this:

Remember, as stated in the post I just linked, do not try to post your log into the forum and don't just post a snippet of your log. Follow the instructions and you will likely find there are a lot of people here who are happy to help you figure out your problem. :)

(Also: make sure you have the dependencies for the mod downloaded and installed as well!)

Thank you very much, but while looking for more solutions, I managed to sidestep my problem by using CKAN as a dedicated installer.

However, I did run into a few new problems after looking at the mod.
I'm not certain if posting a log for this would help, but it should be re-producible by installing the whole "near futures" collection through CKAN.

- the presence of Z-fighting
- stock parts missing (example: only one heat shield, and no parachutes)
- what I believe to be multiple variants of certain parts all appearing at the same time (example: large engine mounts with 3-engine to 7-engine variants at the same time with all the mounting points)

I later installed a bunch of other different mods instead, but these problems didn't appear.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2/3/2021 at 7:42 AM, mxi_steel said:

hi! is the be 4 style engine still in the nf lv pack? if so what is its name? 

No, it's gone.

15 hours ago, Migratory_Coconut said:

Hi, I'm having some trouble running Near Future Propulsion on KSP 1.11.1, and I think the problem is that it depends on B9 Part Switch which isn't compatible with 1.11. But it looks like people in this thread are using 1.11 without problems, so how are you managing that?

 

Edit: Nevermind, mere moments after posting this I had the idea to simply delete my B9 Part Switch folder and it seems to be running fine. I guess the functionality was bundled or something.

Don't delete b9PS. B9PS is a required dependency (as enumerated in the OP and readme) and is fine in 1.11. 

2 hours ago, intelliCom said:

Thank you very much, but while looking for more solutions, I managed to sidestep my problem by using CKAN as a dedicated installer.

However, I did run into a few new problems after looking at the mod.
I'm not certain if posting a log for this would help, but it should be re-producible by installing the whole "near futures" collection through CKAN.

- the presence of Z-fighting
- stock parts missing (example: only one heat shield, and no parachutes)
- what I believe to be multiple variants of certain parts all appearing at the same time (example: large engine mounts with 3-engine to 7-engine variants at the same time with all the mounting points)

I later installed a bunch of other different mods instead, but these problems didn't appear.

Missing parts are symptomatic of a bad install. KSP paths below GameData MUST be preserved as the author wishes. e.g. GameData/NearFutureSolar/Parts...., not GameData/GameData/NearFutureSolar, or GameData/NearFutureModContainerFolderIMade/NearFutureSolar. If you did install via CKAN, all this should be fine. Make sure there is no junk left over from your manual attempt, and it's worth looking in the GameData folder to make sure CKAN installed all the needed dependencies. 

Z-fighting and variants are symptoms of a missing B9PartSwitch install, a required mod. Again, make sure CKAN installed this. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nertea said:

 

No, it's gone.

Don't delete b9PS. B9PS is a required dependency (as enumerated in the OP and readme) and is fine in 1.11. 

Missing parts are symptomatic of a bad install. KSP paths below GameData MUST be preserved as the author wishes. e.g. GameData/NearFutureSolar/Parts...., not GameData/GameData/NearFutureSolar, or GameData/NearFutureModContainerFolderIMade/NearFutureSolar. If you did install via CKAN, all this should be fine. Make sure there is no junk left over from your manual attempt, and it's worth looking in the GameData folder to make sure CKAN installed all the needed dependencies. 

Z-fighting and variants are symptoms of a missing B9PartSwitch install, a required mod. Again, make sure CKAN installed this. 

 

I suppose a reinstallation of KSP should help clean up any previous manual attempts I made? I'm also pretty sure CKAN did detect B9PartSwitch as a necessary mod, but perhaps that could have also been interfered with by the remnants of my manual attempts. I supposed reinstalling KSP is my best option, then validate files, then use CKAN exclusively, and it should work?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, intelliCom said:

I suppose a reinstallation of KSP should help clean up any previous manual attempts I made? I'm also pretty sure CKAN did detect B9PartSwitch as a necessary mod, but perhaps that could have also been interfered with by the remnants of my manual attempts. I supposed reinstalling KSP is my best option, then validate files, then use CKAN exclusively, and it should work?

As an extension of this, I can no longer reinstall the near future mods through CKAN, except for following: Electrical Core, Solar Core, and IVA Props, despite having installed all of them before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, intelliCom said:

As an extension of this, I can no longer reinstall the near future mods through CKAN, except for following: Electrical Core, Solar Core, and IVA Props, despite having installed all of them before.

I don't think B9PS is marked as compatible with 1.11, so you may need to force showing older versions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I don't think B9PS is marked as compatible with 1.11, so you may need to force showing older versions. 

I'll see if I can try that as soon as I figure out why I can no longer install the other 'Near Future' mods from CKAN. The max KSP versions are still listed as versions which should be compatable. Is this an issue I should follow up with the developers of CKAN?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, intelliCom said:

I'll see if I can try that as soon as I figure out why I can no longer install the other 'Near Future' mods from CKAN. The max KSP versions are still listed as versions which should be compatable. Is this an issue I should follow up with the developers of CKAN?

Well, I am thinking CKAN says B9PS is incompatible with 1.11. The way CKAN works, all hard dependencies must be marked compatible with the current version before it allows installation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Well, I am thinking CKAN says B9PS is incompatible with 1.11. The way CKAN works, all hard dependencies must be marked compatible with the current version before it allows installation. 

Except that I already successfully installed it once before, albeit with the problems I described earlier. What stops CKAN from doing it this time?

9 minutes ago, intelliCom said:

Except that I already successfully installed it once before, albeit with the problems I described earlier. What stops CKAN from doing it this time?

ok, lesson learned: I should actually try what the professional says before I pretend being a professional. lmao

To update, I installed the B9 part switch, and now it's allowing the near future parts. Despite how I was able to install it before without B9. Confusing, but I guess it's to be ignored. 

Now that the problem is solved, I don't know if it's out of place or allowed for me to suggest new parts?

Edited by intelliCom
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, intelliCom said:

Except that I already successfully installed it once before, albeit with the problems I described earlier. What stops CKAN from doing it this time?

CKAN is weird, I personally install stuff manually so I at least know what I did.

14 minutes ago, intelliCom said:

Now that the problem is solved, I don't know if it's out of place or allowed for me to suggest new parts?

You can always suggest but the suggested: implemented ratio is probably around 1000:1 ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nertea said:

CKAN is weird, I personally install stuff manually so I at least know what I did.

You can always suggest but the suggested: implemented ratio is probably around 1000:1 ;)

That ratio is to be expected for any large developer I guess. Only thing in general is daring to go to even larger parts. I absolutely loved the ambition of this mod collection to bring new parts that absolutely dwarf what used to be the best parts from stock, namely, solar panels and struts/girders. 

Solar Array Comparison:
https://imgur.com/a/RpCufaf

The only thing I found was missing was a communication dish to truly be in awe of.

There's a CommNet antenna extension by flart, but the largest antenna feels too thin. I've always wondered what it would look like in KSP if there were massive dishes attached to orbital stations comparable to the "very large array" in New Mexico. Way too impractical for use as an actual CommNet antenna, with a possible rating of 50,000T or something like that, but perhaps it could be a type of telescope along the lines of the Sentinel?
https://asd.gsfc.nasa.gov/blueshift/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/PICT3750.jpg

Colossal satellite dishes have always been a major part of space exploration back on Earth. Seems reasonable that they might take this stuff into space, right? At the very least, set up massive ones similar to the New Mexico array on other moons and planets? It also looks cool. And hey, if it doesn't fit in the "near future" collection, I think you have a far future pack as well, right?

In summary, my whole argument is that I want a giant satellite dish to make giant ships look better.

Edited by intelliCom
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, intelliCom said:

That ratio is to be expected for any large developer I guess. Only thing in general is daring to go to even larger parts. I absolutely loved the ambition of this mod collection to bring new parts that absolutely dwarf what used to be the best parts from stock, namely, solar panels and struts/girders. 

Solar Array Comparison:
https://imgur.com/a/RpCufaf

The only thing I found was missing was a communication dish to truly be in awe of.

There's a CommNet antenna extension by flart, but the largest antenna feels too thin. I've always wondered what it would look like in KSP if there were massive dishes attached to orbital stations comparable to the "very large array" in New Mexico. Way too impractical for use as an actual CommNet antenna, with a possible rating of 50,000T or something like that, but perhaps it could be a type of telescope along the lines of the Sentinel?
https://asd.gsfc.nasa.gov/blueshift/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/PICT3750.jpg

Colossal satellite dishes have always been a major part of space exploration back on Earth. Seems reasonable that they might take this stuff into space, right? At the very least, set up massive ones similar to the New Mexico array on other moons and planets? It also looks cool. And hey, if it doesn't fit in the "near future" collection, I think you have a far future pack as well, right?

In summary, my whole argument is that I want a giant satellite dish to make giant ships look better.

Also I'm trying to figure out what engines could possible fit onto the 7.5 meter range. While exploring parts, I thought the 5.0 metre range was the largest, since all the multi-engine mounts are in that range. Who would use the 7.5 meter range for anything unless you used an adapter to take it down to a 5 meter width for a mount?

My bad the parts are hard to go through. I guess a new question could be if there's a comprehensive list of every new part that this provides?

Edited by intelliCom
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, intelliCom said:

That ratio is to be expected for any large developer I guess. Only thing in general is daring to go to even larger parts. I absolutely loved the ambition of this mod collection to bring new parts that absolutely dwarf what used to be the best parts from stock, namely, solar panels and struts/girders. 

Solar Array Comparison:
https://imgur.com/a/RpCufaf

The only thing I found was missing was a communication dish to truly be in awe of.

There's a CommNet antenna extension by flart, but the largest antenna feels too thin. I've always wondered what it would look like in KSP if there were massive dishes attached to orbital stations comparable to the "very large array" in New Mexico. Way too impractical for use as an actual CommNet antenna, with a possible rating of 50,000T or something like that, but perhaps it could be a type of telescope along the lines of the Sentinel?
https://asd.gsfc.nasa.gov/blueshift/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/PICT3750.jpg

Colossal satellite dishes have always been a major part of space exploration back on Earth. Seems reasonable that they might take this stuff into space, right? At the very least, set up massive ones similar to the New Mexico array on other moons and planets? It also looks cool. And hey, if it doesn't fit in the "near future" collection, I think you have a far future pack as well, right?

In summary, my whole argument is that I want a giant satellite dish to make giant ships look better.

Have you checked out Near Future Exploration? It has some pretty massive antenna reflectors that can boost your antena strength to insane levels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, intelliCom said:

My bad the parts are hard to go through. I guess a new question could be if there's a comprehensive list of every new part that this provides?

Usually this is the gallery in the OP. These are fairly up to date for NFLV, NFAero, NFSolar and NFeX. However the other mods, well, I think they have a FAQ entry about that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CDSlice said:

Have you checked out Near Future Exploration? It has some pretty massive antenna reflectors that can boost your antena strength to insane levels.

I've got the whole collection installed, but as I've said, they're usually the foldable paper-thin types. I was thinking of a dish that would be the Kerbal analogue to New Mexico's Very Large Array. Also, an impact tolerance comparable to girders and struts.

7 hours ago, Nertea said:

Usually this is the gallery in the OP. These are fairly up to date for NFLV, NFAero, NFSolar and NFeX. However the other mods, well, I think they have a FAQ entry about that. 

I was thinking of more of a list that also contains all the ISPs and thrust values, a sort of "NFWiki" if you will. If the galleries are up to date and contain every thruster though, I can use that to mark off each one, then post a PDF back into this thread as a complete documentation for other players.

Speaking of those galleries, what's the mod you use for KSP's graphics?

Edited by intelliCom
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...