[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

2 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Just a heads up that any issues that are ckans fault need to be reported to the ckan thread as they're the ones who maintain the netkans for all of nerteas mods. 

@Streetwind, @Nergal8617 I un-installed all NFT mods using CKAN and KSP runs just fine. I installed just Near Future Propulsion version: 0.8.7 from Spacedock and manually installed into my gamedata folder. I tried to load KSP and the game crashed while trying to start.

Output: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvUWxjgM4SuQhc5xdR3DYGahlxF00A

Error.log  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvUWxjgM4SuQhcECAEi_ZfJ1cKJW1g

...Weird. I can't see any reason why it would crash, except that there was an error reading from memory.

Is your system overclocked? Does this crash repeatedly happen on the exact same spot in the load order (while compiling ionArgon-0625-2)?

1 hour ago, Voodoo8648 said:

@Streetwind, @Nergal8617 I un-installed all NFT mods using CKAN and KSP runs just fine. I installed just Near Future Propulsion version: 0.8.7 from Spacedock and manually installed into my gamedata folder. I tried to load KSP and the game crashed while trying to start.

Output: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvUWxjgM4SuQhc5xdR3DYGahlxF00A

Error.log  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvUWxjgM4SuQhcECAEi_ZfJ1cKJW1g

Does the problem persist if you install just NFP on a fresh install? If not, just keep adding mods one by one until you find the offending combination. Using CKAN and an "unclean" install makes this all the harder to debug both for us and for you.

22 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

...Weird. I can't see any reason why it would crash, except that there was an error reading from memory.

Is your system overclocked? Does this crash repeatedly happen on the exact same spot in the load order (while compiling ionArgon-0625-2)?

No, my system is not overclocked. Running 32GB of DDR4 and 12GB of vram. 

Yes, the crash always happens at the exact same spot when It's trying to load near future prop assets

19 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

No, my system is not overclocked. Running 32GB of DDR4 and 12GB of vram. 

Yes, the crash always happens at the exact same spot when It's trying to load near future prop assets

The first thing i see from your log is that B9PartSwitch v1.9.0.0 is installed, which is only for KSP 1.3.

@Nertea just noticed that B9Partswitch is in the wrong file location in NF Construction: it's outside of GameData.  Not a huge deal since running almost any of your other mods will add it in the right place, but just in case.

Edit: Also found a real bug, the LF-1 and LF-2 MPDTs appear dark orange in the VAB, as if the whole thing were heated red hot. Heat emissive stuck on high? The LF-2's fairing is also dark blue.  

L8we9V7.png?1

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

1 minute ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Should I delete that folder?

You need B9PartSwitch for the mod to work, however you need the version that is compatible with 1.2.2.  There should be one bundled in the Near Future Propulsion file you downloaded from Spacedock.  Delete the one that is in your Gamedata folder and replace it with the one from the Near Future Propulsion.

I have a bit of a problem with reactors whose vessels haven't been loaded for a long time, the moment I switch to those vessels, the cores instantly overheat and shut down, taking some damage. Yes, they've got enough radiators to runn at full capacity, they're running at 1-10% (depending on the vessel), and some of them were out near Jool (so no issues with heating from Kerbol).

It really only seems to happen to vessels that haven't been loaded for a long time (like a year or so or longer), and it's pretty consistent. Anyone got an idea? :/

2 hours ago, Phelan said:

I have a bit of a problem with reactors whose vessels haven't been loaded for a long time, the moment I switch to those vessels, the cores instantly overheat and shut down, taking some damage. Yes, they've got enough radiators to runn at full capacity, they're running at 1-10% (depending on the vessel), and some of them were out near Jool (so no issues with heating from Kerbol).

It really only seems to happen to vessels that haven't been loaded for a long time (like a year or so or longer), and it's pretty consistent. Anyone got an idea? :/

It's apparently a known issue and is being looked into right now, I guess:

On 2017-7-27 at 7:27 PM, Nertea said:

This is hideous. I spent some hours (3 in fact) attempting to track down the exact origin of this. 

It certainly has nothing to do with my code, so I'm going to be forced to create some kind of ugly, ugly hack to stop this. All updates delayed x days, where x >= 3 .

Edited by Three_Pounds

Alright, let's try to hammer down some of this technical debt:

NF Propulsion 0.9.4

• Fixed corrupted export for two models
  • Fixed incorrect MM version
  • Chinese translation courtesy of Q654517651

NF Solar 0.8.6

• Improved chinese translation
  • Fixed wrong version of MM

NF Electrical 0.9.5

•  Added Chinese translation courtesy of DYZBX from the Black Domain Studio(BDS)
  •  Added Russian translation courtesy of Dr. Jet
  •  Fixed normal map channels
  •  Fixed a localization error on fuel transfer messages
  •  Fixed a localization error on destroyed reactor cores
  •  Fixed a few missing units in UI fields
  •  Modified units in UI fields and panels to be localized
  •  Fixed an issue where reactors would overheat after restart after timewarp (I think...)
  •  Fixed FissionEngine not caring about core damage
  •  Updated DynamicBatteryStorage to 1.1.0
    •  Refactored plugin for many improvements
    •  Proper support for RealBattery

NFLV coming along tomorrow, then I'll start working on the NFC/NFSpacecraft fixes. 

On 7/30/2017 at 1:55 PM, Streetwind said:

Try DMagic Orbital Science, it fills that niche with very little more to desire :wink:

On 7/30/2017 at 5:08 PM, Drew Kerman said:

I have both but @Nertea is very skilled. I want stuff like Hadron Kolliders, Remote Sample Kollectors, etc. Stuff with funny names/discriptions and a 1.3 MK4 spaceplane...

Edited by KerBlitz Kerman

9 minutes ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

I have both but @Nertea is very skilled. I want stuff like Hadron Kolliders, Remote Sample Kollectors, etc. Stuff with funny names/discriptions and a 1.3 MK4 spaceplane...

Down, boy. If you sit quiet for a bit, maybe Nertea will throw you a treat. :wink:

11 minutes ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

I just want to point out that science experiments - good ones, at least - are a different kind of work than parts.  Yes, there's a part - but that's really the least of the work.  Most of it is in writing those descriptions and results for every biome and planet.

Nertea obviously likes to model.  I'm not so sure he likes to do that type of writing.  :wink:  I'm guessing the only way something like that would come from him would be in partnership with someone else who did the writing.