[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

@enewmen Dynamic Battery Storage is included in the downloadable archive, just like all other dependencies and extras. I just checked and verified that it is indeed present in 0.10.0.

CKAN support is not maintained by Nertea or myself, and is not officially supported or recommended for any of Nertea's mods. If something fails to install correctly via CKAN, you'll have to find the person who voluntarily maintains the CKAN entries. Or, if you know how to, contribute a fix of your own.

2 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

@enewmen Dynamic Battery Storage is included in the downloadable archive, just like all other dependencies and extras. I just checked and verified that it is indeed present in 0.10.0.

CKAN support is not maintained by Nertea or myself, and is not officially supported or recommended for any of Nertea's mods. If something fails to install correctly via CKAN, you'll have to find the person who voluntarily maintains the CKAN entries. Or, if you know how to, contribute a fix of your own.

Thanks for the help.  I understand there's no CKAN support, but I got confused on finding the Dynamic Battery Storage since CKAN worked before.

EDIT: I found it inside the 10.0 zip file Extras folder like you said.

Nah, I got nothing to ask or contribute Nert...  Just returned from a short stint, working on fixing Rovers MKS system so it uses, oh I don't know, resources that are named, FOOD....WATER....OXYGEN, cause this supplies BS drives me nuts.

Now that my rant is over, thanks for sticking around and continuing to make incredible, well thought out and designed Mods for KSP.  Wont be long till all I have  in my GameData file will be "Made by Nertea". Watch for it next month cause I'm buying you a case of beer or dinner.  Sorry I cant be their to take you out on the town bud.  Fly safe and keep the shinny side up and rubber side down.  

Dren

@Nertea Thank you for the wonderful updates!
While playing around with NFE i noticed that the german localizations from the PRs from @Three_Pounds have not yet been added to the NF mods. Are there any problems with the PRs that prevent them from being used? If yes i would gladly help to bring them up to date and provide the necessary fixes/additions if you like.

Edited by Nils277

34 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

@Nertea Thank you for the wonderful updates!
While playing around with NFE i noticed that the german localizations from the PRs from @Three_Pounds have not yet been added to the NF mods. Are there any problems with the PRs that prevent them from being used? If yes i would gladly help to bring them up to date and provide the necessary fixes/additions if you like.

He notified me that he was waiting for the official release of a stock German localization, then he would go over and revise them. He hasn't responded to my pings on GitHub though so I've left them alone. If you want to pick them up, that's probably fine.

Linear ports are great!

Even greater with DockRotate mod's auto-straighting feature. Here is a patch to relax capture restrictions up to 5 degrees in this case:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]:HAS[#nodeType[linear1]],*
	{
		%captureMinRollDot:NEEDS[DockRotate] = 0.99904822
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]:HAS[#nodeType[linear2]],*
	{
		%captureMinRollDot:NEEDS[DockRotate] = 0.99904822
	}
}

Cubic family struts seem to have misaligned  nodes or models. There are gaps between them. Most noticeably on one end of Cubic-Family Large Strut:

SIxq8K6.png

Edited by Psycho_zs

Two quick updates, while I'm busy being sleep-deprived by testing SSPXr.

NF Solar 0.8.10

• Fixed .version file issue

NF Construction 1.0.1

• Fixed localization issue with SM-1 Stack Adapter
  • Fixed hex-truss lithium tank model offset
  • Fixed a missing normal map
  •  Fixed top attach node position for long cubic-family strut

@Nertea thanks for the info. In the "Addon Localization Home" thread it sounded like the translation was ready to release. Will try to contact him and see what happens (he has not been online since mid January). Will take care of the translations if he does not respond within a week. 

45 minutes ago, Catatau_27 said:

Please, the Spacedock is out of service "500 internal ERROR" i suggest another way to share the mod! All your mods have the same problem!

Can you read the OP please? I think you will find that there is a clear solution to your problem. 

Thanks for the solar update, however I'm still getting a KSP-AVC is outdated notification and the only reference in my mod folder to it is the KSP-AVC.version file in my NearFutureSolar>Versioning folder.  Not a big deal just wanted to give a heads up if its related.  If not then Anyone know whats causing it?

43 minutes ago, KSPNoob said:

Thanks for the solar update, however I'm still getting a KSP-AVC is outdated notification and the only reference in my mod folder to it is the KSP-AVC.version file in my NearFutureSolar>Versioning folder.  Not a big deal just wanted to give a heads up if its related.  If not then Anyone know whats causing it?

Get the latest version I released last night, it fixes this. 

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

Get the latest version I released last night, it fixes this. 

I did, but ended up having to manually delete the  KSP-AVC.version to stop it from appearing.  Again appreciate the mods, easily the best around.

26 minutes ago, KSPNoob said:

I did, but ended up having to manually delete the  KSP-AVC.version to stop it from appearing.  Again appreciate the mods, easily the best around.

Yes unfortunately I can't remotely delete the old file in your directory ;). The new version does not include this file - the canonical way to install is therefore to delete the directory first (but really, who does that :P)

============
INSTALLATION
============

I recommend removing any previous versions of ModName
before installing an update.