[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Not too many mods. Only ProbesPlus / Coatl Aerospace adds RTGs. 

4Gm7lAD.jpg

Well, I don't see anything special (the only thing is both "Firespitter.dll" AND "Firespitter" folder, but I don't think it is related).

You can try to install Near Future Electrical mod (whole mod, with "DecayingRTG" patch) and check, if your RTGs are now have "Radioisotope  Generator" module. By the way, Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus has it's own patch for decaying RTGs.

If it works, you can just remove "NearFutureElectrical/Parts" folder then.

On 6/15/2018 at 10:43 PM, sslaptnhablhat said:

EDIT: I think you misunderstand, this issue affects all my saves, and I'm definitely not going to just erase a few months of work

Indeed, we seem to somehow be misunderstanding each other. What issue are you having, exactly? The screenshot of the RTG you showed is perfectly normal. That's how RTGs always look. Has been that way since at least 1.3.x, possibly even 1.2.x. The ModuleCoreHeat is there to make the RTG get warm on its own, like a real one would. (I've not found any gameplay impact worth mentioning though.)

Are the linear docking ports in Near Future Construction meant to be available in career mode?  They're available in sandbox, but their tech node is set to "Unresearchable" so they don't show up in career.  I'm curious whether that's a bug, or by design.

7 hours ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

Having a wee issue with the new fueltanks. When I deploy a fairing the NFT fuel parts the fairing is in contact with explode once the fairing is deployed. No idea why that's the case - is it an issue for other players too?

It sounds like clipping.  I tried really hard not to have fairings contact any parts when I'm in the VAB.  Are you referring to stock fairings or a fairings mod?  Does it happen with stock fuel tanks, i.e. are you sure it's NFT tanks only?

Hello :)

I love the near future mods so much! Amazing work!

And I would like to ask you, when do you update the near future electricial core plugin? Because I can not install the near future electricial mod via CKAN, because the core plugin is only non-updated. (in KSP version 1.4.3 and 1.4.4).

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Brigadier said:

It sounds like clipping.  I tried really hard not to have fairings contact any parts when I'm in the VAB.  Are you referring to stock fairings or a fairings mod?  Does it happen with stock fuel tanks, i.e. are you sure it's NFT tanks only?

Thanks for the reply. Stock fairings, and it only appears to affect NFT tanks. Even if other parts so much as brush against them they explode (i.e. a craft detached from a part gently touches against it in orbit at minimal velocity).

Hello,
I just discovered a bug a little embarrassing on my backup.
I can not transfer uranium between my tanks and reactor / engine. The game tells me that I need a level 1 engineer in my ship, and I have a level 4 engineer on board.
I have all Near Future and Kerbal Atomics (among other mod).
I think the problem comes from the fact that I play in French (KSP - FR) and that there is a problem of translation.
I've just ? And if so, how to fix it?

Apart from that, great mods and great design! Thank you very much !

Hello @Valyria - we had a bug a good while ago where the localization broke the reactor fuel transfer. We thought that was squashed. What version are you playing on (KSP and mods)?

Also, could you switch to default English and see if the problem goes away?

Ho! I did not think to test like that!
So, I'm on KSP 1.4.4 and the mods are the last one (reinstalling clean about 3 weeks ago).

I just tested in English, the problem has disappeared. So it is the translation into French that is problematic.
There is a manipulation that I could do to play in FR without the bug?

(sorry for my English, I help a tranducer, but like the majority of French, I'm bad in a foreign language ...)

Edit :

And I discovered the same problem with the minerals.

Edited by Valyria

On 7/9/2018 at 4:58 PM, Valyria said:

There is a manipulation that I could do to play in FR without the bug?

I don't know. :/  I don't even understand the root of the problem, to be honest. Nertea makes the mod, I just help out with some part balancing and answering questions here on the forum.

Unfortunately, your game version is not supported by Near Future. There has not been a 1.4.4 update yet. So it's possible that the bug happens for you because of the version mismatch.

Nertea has very little free time these days, and he's winding down his involvement in KSP modding. I can't tell you when Near Future will update next. Perhaps the mod will transition to a maintainer with KSP 1.5, perhaps not. Time will tell.

Hiya, love this mod! The little MX-0 KerboPower reactors are proving to be so useful :)

The only .. problem I've had so far though is that they seem to have ... unlimited energy storage :) I struggled to write "problem" there :)

I have a bunch of them around the place and they all seem to just keep growing in their Electric Charge stored.

I've also notice the PPD-24 Itinerant Service Container has the same issue.

KSP 1.4.4

Edited by r1chardj0n3s

2 hours ago, tonimark said:

plz update for ksp 1.4.4

@tonimarkyou do know it works ok in 1.4.4 as most mods do when its only a point release, plus it's rude to just post asking for an update they do this for free not your convenience.  

Edited by Kwarazi

On 7/11/2018 at 1:57 PM, Streetwind said:

I don't know. :/  I don't even understand the root of the problem, to be honest. Nertea makes the mod, I just help out with some part balancing and answering questions here on the forum.

Unfortunately, your game version is not supported by Near Future. There has not been a 1.4.4 update yet. So it's possible that the bug happens for you because of the version mismatch.

Nertea has very little free time these days, and he's winding down his involvement in KSP modding. I can't tell you when Near Future will update next. Perhaps the mod will transition to a maintainer with KSP 1.5, perhaps not. Time will tell.

No luck for me !
So I'll just play the game in English when I need to transfer uranium, by releasing a new version.

Anyway, thank you for the quick response and I agree for the lack of free time Nertea.

Any chance we could get a 1.875 m reactor? It could fill a niche between the GARNET and Prometheus (possibly somewhere between 900-1200 ec/s), and would be more aesthetically pleasing in 1.875 m rockets. I know that having a 1.875 m reactor with no engines or tanks to fit on it would be a weird part to have, but since 1.875 is now a more official size, I think people would use it if it were made.

On 6/18/2018 at 10:50 AM, Judicator81 said:

Well, I don't see anything special (the only thing is both "Firespitter.dll" AND "Firespitter" folder, but I don't think it is related).

You can try to install Near Future Electrical mod (whole mod, with "DecayingRTG" patch) and check, if your RTGs are now have "Radioisotope  Generator" module. By the way, Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus has it's own patch for decaying RTGs.

If it works, you can just remove "NearFutureElectrical/Parts" folder then.

Kinda late, but thanks for the info,  I tried the method exactly as you mentioned, but now the RTGs don't seem to decay, they're fixed at 100% efficiency. Basically same mods as before, at least nothing that would conflict with NFE.

On a side-note, I'm unsure if the DecayingRTGs folder or it's contents goes in gamedata or NFE's folder (I put it in gamedata), and I'm unsure as to how this would affect anything. I recall using the mod before, with it's folder in gamedata, and the RTGs functioned fine.

Edited by golkaidakhaana

Ah yes. The old question. Care to write explicitly where the extras go. With an example would be super. Like...if you want to use the addons, copy them to /GameData for example GameData/DecayingRTGs. I know it might seem like it is already spelt out. But language can be a tricky thing at times. Ta.

9 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Ah yes. The old question. Care to write explicitly where the extras go. With an example would be super. Like...if you want to use the addons, copy them to /GameData for example GameData/DecayingRTGs. I know it might seem like it is already spelt out. But language can be a tricky thing at times. Ta.

Uhm, I don't really understand what you mean.

15 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

On a side-note, I'm unsure if the DecayingRTGs folder or it's contents goes in gamedata or NFE's folder (I put it in gamedata), and I'm unsure as to how this would affect anything. I recall using the mod before, with it's folder in gamedata, and the RTGs functioned fine.

For anything packaged under Extras, it doesn't matter where you put them. All they need is the presence of the "parent" plug-in (i.e. nearfutureelectrical.dll for the decaying RTG patch) somewhere in GameData.

1 hour ago, Streetwind said:

For anything packaged under Extras, it doesn't matter where you put them. All they need is the presence of the "parent" plug-in (i.e. nearfutureelectrical.dll for the decaying RTG patch) somewhere in GameData.

Hmm, so any ideas why the RTGs aren't decaying, and what I can do to troubleshoot this issue?