[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

41 minutes ago, Nertea said:

(but really, who does that :P)

I usually do that if CKAN is slow on updating :D

PS: the latest patches work so far, unsure if your modded clamp-o-tron (standard) is working now but I'm going to assume that it's fine now!

I would like to thank you for everything you've done. With the amount of mods that you put out, and the exceptional quality of each of them...every time that I play this game using your mods, I am simply baffled. I am not even talking about the fact that you have a full-time job...well, I guess I just did.

Have a magnificent life, is all I can say. Seriously. Sometimes we take you modders for granted.

Now onto playing the game again after a year!

Does anyone else have a problem with fairings? The 7.5m fairing (I think that's it's diameter, it's the larger one) has gaps in the fairing, which I thought was just a visual bug, but it's not letting me close the fairing either. 

Link: https://i.imgur.com/xtjQttr.jpg

The 5m fairing seems to be working fine. I have quite a few different mods installed, which may be the source, so I'll test it against an un-modded install later this evening when I get the time to. Also, I tried searching through the forum and didn't find anything, although it was a brief search so if this issue is already known I apologize!

Edit: It seems that it must be from a different mod, as when looking in the tech tree I see that I have not unlocked the 7.5m fairing from this mod yet. Might even be stock, it has the same texture change qualities. I'm not sure, but I'm just going to avoid it haha

Edited by HoveringKiller

2 minutes ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

I found it quite amusing to notice that the new NearFuture Costruction truss parts, look nearly identical to some truss parts from Vens stock revamp.

You have a fairly generous definition of the term "nearly identical" :wink:

1 hour ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

2NFITNL.png
I found it quite amusing to notice that the new NearFuture Costruction truss parts, look nearly identical to some truss parts from Vens stock revamp.

So beyond a passing similarity, which is totally and completely lost on me, what is it you want to imply?!?

Edited by StarStreak2109
Typo

43 minutes ago, StarStreak2109 said:

So beyond a passing similarity, which is totally and completely lost on me, what is it you want to imply?!?

I may used my words wrong. 

I meant to say/imply that nerteas cubic struts look like stock versions of Vens cubic struts. Very similar size/shape. Especially the strut to 0.675 adapter

Well, both Venn and Nertea presumably aimed for a "stockalike" style, largely inspired by what stock parts already exist. And if you want to make a part that looks like a square beam made out of grey girders, there's only so many possible ways to go about that. Can't very well go and make it round and hot pink instead. :wink: 

11 hours ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

You have a weird idea of identical. In the same way, a cylindrical fuel tank looks nearly identical to any cylindrical fuel tank. 

potentially dumb/obvious question here..

can you clarify the thread title? it says 1.4.2 compatability, does that mean it works ONLY with 1.4.2 or its been tested and declared compliant, and will thus still work with the older ksp 1.3.1? I've had a read through of the last 5 pages and didnt see mention, hence me asking.

Edited by RaiderMan

2 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

can you clarify the thread title? it says 1.4.2 compatability, does that mean it works ONLY with 1.4.2 or its been tested and declared compliant, and will thus still work with the older ksp 1.3.1? I've had a read through of the last 5 pages and didnt see mention, hence me asking.

In the past, Nertea's mods have not been guaranteed to be backwards compatible. I would guess that's still the situation.

7 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

If you follow the download links in the first post to either SpaceDock or CurseForge, you can elect to download 1.3.x compatible versions there. Or even older ones. The archives go quite a ways back. :wink: 

As for whether downloads tagged as one version will work on another version? The answer is "feel free to try". However we do not offer support for any issues encountered along the way.

Similar question, has anyone tried this 1.4.2 version with 1.4.1? The versions on spacedock & curseforge jump from 1.3.1 to 1.4.2 with nothing in between. I'm still running 1.4.1 due to some 1.4.2 bugs so just curious... 

Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

5 hours ago, Tewa said:

Similar question, has anyone tried this 1.4.2 version with 1.4.1? The versions on spacedock & curseforge jump from 1.3.1 to 1.4.2 with nothing in between. I'm still running 1.4.1 due to some 1.4.2 bugs so just curious... 

Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

I'm running 1.4.2 mods on KSP 1.4.1 - I've not noticed any game-breaking bugs, though your mileage may vary.

Does anyone know a seed value that puts Xenon on Kerbal? I've been trying for the last hour without luck. It's impossible to extract Xenon from the atmosphere using the M-2 Cryogenic Gas Separator right now and it won't even start because there is nothing to process.