[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

KSP 1.12.x

Near Future Propulsion [1.3.5] 
Last Updated August 26, 2021

screenshot762.png

This pack contains advanced electric engines for deep space travel. Generally engines split into the following categories:

• Gridded Ion Engines: like the stock Dawn, they have low TWR and great Isp. They run on Xenon fuel.
  • Hall Effect Thrusters: similar to Gridded thrusters, but with better TWR at the cost of some Isp. They run on Argon fuel and are pretty cheap!
  • Magnetoplasmadynamic Thrusters: with the best TWR of all electric engines, these engines are very power-hungry. They run on Lithium fuel.
  • Pulsed Inductive Thrusters: similar to Hall thrusters, they run on Argon fuel and have the unique ability to dump extra electricity into the engine, increasing Isp but generating more heat. 
  • VASIMR Engines: high tech and fancy, these engines run on either Xenon or Argon fuel. They can be tuned for high-thrust, low Isp operation, or low-thrust, high-Isp operation

These engines are all very power hungry - use nuclear reactors or high intensity solar to get the power you need. Their balance has been finely tuned to work with stock mechanics and to extend the KSP experience, particularly in combination with the Community Tech Tree. 

Full Screenshot Gallery

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Will you add a part I want?
A: I have defined this mod as feature complete, and bugfixes are all I plan to add.

Q: The mod album shows parts that look old/don't exist. What's up with that?
A: Keeping the gallery up to date is not super easy. I have it as an action item in the future but this takes time away from real modding.

Q: Does this work well with KSPI-E?
A: Talk to FreeThinker about this, he manages KSPI-E and its compatibility with NFT

Dependencies (Required and Bundled)

• Module Manager 
  • B9 Part Switch
  • Community Resource Pack

Licensing

• All code and cfgs are distributed under the MIT License
  • All art assets (textures, models, animations) are distributed under an All Rights Reserved License.
  • All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses.

Download
Mirrors

Primary (SpaceDock)
Secondary (CurseForge)

Tertiary (Github)

Issue Tracking and Source

KSP 1.12.x 

Near Future Electrical [1.2.3] 
Last Updated July 21, 2021

kz0PlHa.png

Ever wanted some futuristic energy generation that wasn't too... futuristic? I have you covered here. This pack contains:

• Nuclear Reactors: Turn Uranium into power! Attach nuclear reactors to your vessel and generate large amount of electricity. Ensure that you have enough cooling capacity with radiators for your reactors to work properly.  
  • Refuelling Parts: store extra uranium, reprocess it and extract it from Ore with containers and reprocessors.
  • Capacitors: discharge for a burst of power! These parts can be charge up with normal generating capacity, and once activated will deliver a large amount of power to your ship's electricity banks. Very mass efficient!

Full Screenshot Gallery

Q: Does this work well with KSPI-E?
A: Talk to FreeThinker about this, he manages KSPI-E and its compatibility with NFT.

A: Keeping the gallery up to date is not super easy. I have it as an action item in the future but this takes time away from real modding.

A: I have defined this mod as feature complete, and bugfixes are all I plan to add.

• Module Manager 
  • B9 Part Switch
  • Dynamic Battery Storage

Licensing

• All art assets (textures, models, animations) are distributed under an All Rights Reserved License.

Download
Mirrors

Primary (SpaceDock)
Secondary (CurseForge)

Tertiary (GitHub)

KSP 1.12.x

Near Future Solar [1.3.2] 

1qeyP4m.png

This pack contains many concept solar panels to use on your ships and stations. There are many sizes ranging from small form-factor panels up to gigantic solar arrays. Additionally, some wraparaound solar panels are provided, for coolness. 

Full Screenshot Gallery

• Module Manager 

Licensing

Download
Mirrors

Primary (SpaceDock)
Secondary (CurseForge)
Tertiary (GitHub)

KSP 1.11.x

Near Future Construction [1.3.1] 
Last Updated December 26, 2020

Pox4Cnv.png

This pack contains a good number of skeletal trusses and construction type parts for building those near-futurish ships you see in concept art. You'll enjoy:

• A 1.25m size class triangular truss set
  • A 2.5m size class octagonal truss set
  • A 3.75m size class square truss set
  • A 5m size class annular truss set
  • Adapters and connectors galore!

Full Screenshot Gallery

• Module Manager 
  • B9 Part Switch

Licensing

Download
Mirrors

Primary (SpaceDock)
Secondary (CurseForge)

Tertiary (GitHub)

KSP 1.12.x

Near Future Spacecraft [1.4.3] 
Last Updated August 26, 2021

6P1Wiyj.png

This pack contains a variety of parts for making crewed spacecraft. This means command pods. Pretty much just command pods, but also monopropellant engines in many sizes!

Full Screenshot Gallery

Q: What is up with the RPM IVAs?

A: Some exist but now require the ASET props pack to work. They only function for the older (Mk4-1, Mk3-9, PPD-1) pods.

• Module Manager 
  • B9 Part Switch
  • Near Future Props

Licensing

Download
Mirrors

Primary (SpaceDock)
Secondary (CurseForge)

Tertiary (GitHub)

KSP 1.12.x 

Near Future Launch Vehicles [2.2.0] 
Last Updated July 21, 2021

FuJAnku.jpg

The latest and greatest (for size, perhaps) in launch vehicle components. This pack includes

• 5.0m Parts: a balanced and extensive part set that provides a new size of rocket parts. Comes with tanks, adapters, utility parts and specialized components for engine clustering.
  • 7.5m Parts: an extra-large set of rocket parts for those huge constructions. Includes adapters, clustering, cargo and utility parts.
  • Advanced Engines: several new rocket engines based on a whole set of concepts in the 0.625 to 3.75m sizes.
  • Support Parts: new supporting parts that help enhance the large rocket experience, like heavy RCS thrusters.

Full Screenshot Gallery

• Module Manager 
  • B9 Part Switch
  • DeployableEngines

Licensing

Download
Mirrors

Primary (SpaceDock)
Secondary (CurseForge)

Tertiary (GitHub)

KSP 1.12.x

Near Future eXploration [1.1.2] 

wpJiT43.png

This pack contains a set of parts to help enhance and improve the KSP probe experience, particularly in the later game with larger probes. You will find:

• More Probe Cores: A set of eight new probe cores in medium (1.25m) and larger (1.875m) sizes. 
  • Probe Bus Parts:  Cargo bay-like parts that match the footprints of most probe cores (stock and NFX). Useful for storing batteries, fuel and the like
  • Probe Fuel Tanks: New multi-fuel probe tanks in stack and radial sizes that are in the vein of the stock Dumpling and Baguette
  • More Direct and Relay Antennae: More antennae that seamlessly fit into the KSP CommNet system to fill in missing ranges and add more interesting options.
  • Reflector Antennae: A new type of antenna that does nothing on its own, but instead bounces signal from another antenna to amplify its range. Point antenna at a deployed reflector to recieve the bonus. Available in many sizes. 
  • Small Probe Parts: A few small probe parts (battery, reaction wheel) to fill out the probe range

Full Screenshot Gallery

Q: I'm using Remote Tech and something doesn't work!
A: This mod is not compatible with RemoteTech. Some aspects may work but the reflector/feeder system would need to be reimplemented by the RT devs. 

• Module Manager 
  • B9 Part Switch

Licensing

Download
Mirrors

Primary (SpaceDock)
Secondary (CurseForge)

Tertiary (Github)

KSP 1.12.x 

Near Future Aeronautics [2.1.1] 

MskjDXE.png

This pack contains large and powerful aerospace parts, such as jet engines, intakes, and nacelles. It was preciously part of the MkIV Spaceplane system but has been split off. 

• Large Multimode Engines: Big (2.5m), powerful RAPIER-like engines for your wildest spaceplane needs.
  • Large Jet Engines: Hefty 2.5m engines - turbofans and turbojets for big aircraft.
  • Advanced Propeller Engines: Super-efficient low speed propfans and turboprops.
  • Lift Fans: Designed specifically for efficient VTOL and available in many sizes, these engines can run on LiquidFuel and air, or be driven electrically for flight in oxygenless atmospheres.
  • Nuclear Jet Engines: Massive, rewarding engines that let you fly almost forever!
  • Large Nacelles and Intakes: Of course, 2.5m nacelles, engine pods, precoolers and advanced intakes to help out.

Full Screenshot Gallery

Q: CKAN Support Questions?
A: Talk to CKAN folks, CKAN is not supported. This is because KerbalActuators, a dependency of this mod, is specifically NOT listed on CKAN

Q: I don't like the balance of *thisPart*
A: I appreciate suggestions from experience aeronauts for engine balance, it's not really my specialty (Sith lords are).

• Module Manager 
  • B9 Part Switch
  • KerbalActuators
  • DeployableEngines

Licensing

Download
Mirrors

Primary (SpaceDock)
Secondary (CurseForge)

Tertiary (GitHub)

Special Thanks 

A big hand to @Streetwind , who basically designed the balance for the whole NFT suite.

If you appreciate this project, please consider contributing to my caffeine addiction! I really appreciate it, and also helps justify this time sink to my wife :wink:, which results directly in more models.  btn_donate_SM.gif

Edited by Nertea

This took a while because motivation was low, but I think I'm back on the wagon now. 

Near Future Propulsion 0.8.3

• Marked for KSP 1.2.2
  • Updated bundled MM to 2.7.5
  • Updated bundled B9PartSwitch to 1.5.3
  • Updated bundled CRP to 0.6.4
  • Fixed 1.25m PIT offset top node
  • Converted costs of some fuel tanks to integers

Near Future Electrical 0.8.3

• Marked for KSP 1.2.2
  • Updated bundled CRP to 0.6.4
  • Fixed capacitor discharge rate not being correct
  • Fixed nuclear reactors not properly adjusting their fuel use
  • Spelling/comprehension fixes
  • Significant improvements, fixes to USI integrations from Wyzard256

Near Future Solar 0.7.2

• Marked for KSP 1.2.2
  • Updated MM to 2.7.5
  • Standardized manufacturer names

Near Future Construction 0.7.3

• Marked for KSP 1.2.2

Near Future Spacecraft 

• Coming next week

Additionally, please note the license change for all mods going forward.

Edited by Nertea

IT'S ALIIIIIVE!!

Still a shame the forums ate the entire old thread - how many hundred pages was that? - but oh well. Let's just consider it a record to break :P

*goes to fix the signature banner link*

Edited by Streetwind

6 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

IT'S ALIIIIIVE!!

Still a shame the forums ate the entire old thread - how many hundred pages was that? - but oh well. Let's just consider it a record t break :P

*goes to fix the signature banner link*

It's a shame indeed! This was a headache to put back together. 

57 minutes ago, DerekL1963 said:

Yay!  I'm gearing up for a new campaign and NF parts are a must.  Can't wait for Spacecraft and Station Parts!

SSPX is updated now. Spacecraft will work just fine, there are some known issues though that will be resolved in the upcoming version. 

4 minutes ago, Zhetaan said:

Sorry to make more work for you.  I do enjoy the pack and thanks for all the effort you've put into it. :)

Eh, no worries. Would have completely forgot about it if you hadn't noted it. But be warned, i probably will not make a release only to fix that :wink: