[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

Latest KSP? I have that in my earlier (1.6.1) install. However, I do not know what exactly is causing this, because there's no real reason a version jump would. Several ReStock antennae are also affected. I should mention that the 1.6.1 install in question is a bit of a mess.

I am currently rebuilding my primary install and the problem doesn't occur in that one (1.7.2). I have already installed a few visual mods. If I come across it again when adding mods, I'll let you know.

On 7/1/2019 at 11:51 AM, NiL said:

Well, for example OKEB-75 panel was flat and fitted good to many rockets, now it's shroud is very extruded and OKEB-500 looked so nice being like a giant monolithic field of solar panels (but now it's much more flat while folded, which is nice), but it's just a matter of habit for me, i guess. And i just cannot express how i miss the old very short curved panel (which name i cannot remember, ironic) and Tweakscale support for curved panels in general. Of course they were very thick and kinda ugly for that matter, but i used them for all my spaceplanes back in the days and the very short one was really useful for powering literally everything that needs a medium amount of EC. Other than that all the new panels looks amazing - now i am just addicted to using the Orion one for every single vacuum craft.

Yeah the -75 was really really ugly before. Even ignoring the difficulty of fitting it in the tiny shroud, it suffered from poor animation and texture resolution. There would be no way it's coming back.

Just three parts which must be having a different animation mechanic or so: OKEB-150R, OKEB-25R, OKEB-75R. The OKEB-150R behaved like that in the old versions of NFS too, but i thought it maybe meant to be like that (and with other two solar panels glitched up like that after the update i am now sure thet it isn't intended to). For taking screenshots i used a fresh KSP install without DLCs and with only NFS installed from CKAN, but that glitch is still there both with manual installing in an empty Gamedata or full modded install with both DLCs (so it's not a mod conflict clearly).

This looks like vertex weighting is malfunctioning. The vertices that are in the wrong place are all partially weighted ones. Since you have a self-described potato computer, I would suspect this may be due to the hardware capabilities, but it's also possible you might have set Unity's quality settings to Single Bone weighting somehow. You can't do this in the ingame settings as far as I remember though. I don't suppose you've fiddled at all with settings.cfg in the main directory? You could try deleting this file and restarting the game. 

On 7/3/2019 at 6:06 PM, Tabris said:

@Nertea, i know that NF Solar is "feature complete" but a humble request,

could we get Half-sized version of the OKEB-150R "Halo"

You're out of luck - generally I will do new things for feature complete mods on a simple 'if you pay me' type of model. 

Will this be updated to work in CKAN, or does it work with manual install with current release as of 7/5/19 with breaking ground dlc? Keep getting "NearFuturePropulsion-XenonHETs 1.1.1 depends on NearFuturePropulsion, which is not compatible with the currently installed version of KSP" on CKAN. Not sure if I am doing something wrong.   Anyways, hands down my favorite mod of all time for ksp. Thanks!!! 

50 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy330 said:

Will this be updated to work in CKAN, or does it work with manual install with current release as of 7/5/19 with breaking ground dlc? Keep getting "NearFuturePropulsion-XenonHETs 1.1.1 depends on NearFuturePropulsion, which is not compatible with the currently installed version of KSP" on CKAN. Not sure if I am doing something wrong.   Anyways, hands down my favorite mod of all time for ksp. Thanks!!! 

I know the manual installs work.  Typically that warning just means the version file hasn't been updated - you can often use mods from recent versions in the current version.  (Not always - but often enough that's it's usually worth a try.  Especially on parts mods.)

1 hour ago, SpaceCowboy330 said:

After some help from CKAN people, I determined that it's marked incompatible as the Community Resource Pack is a dependency, which has not yet been marked compatible for 1.7.x. You'll have to add 1.6 as a compatible version for it to work. CRP is totally fine in 1.7.x.

Edited by Nertea

4 hours ago, Nertea said:

After some help from CKAN people, I determined that it's marked incompatible as the Community Resource Pack is a dependency, which has not yet been marked compatible for 1.7.x. You'll have to add 1.6 as a compatible version for it to work. CRP is totally fine in 1.7.x.

Thank you so much Nertea!!! This is the greatest mod ever created. I have 253 hours using Near Future so far.  Thank you!  

23 hours ago, Nertea said:

Im running in the same problem, but i dont understand your solution. How do i add compatible versions??

Near Future Electrical 1.0.3

• Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.8.0
  • Updated DynamicBatteryStorage to 2.0.0
    • Complete rebuild
    • Mod now acts as a general power and thermal design tool as well as its previous functions
    • Added toolbar icon to open a Vessel Systems Management window
    • Vessel Systems Management Window
      • Allows player to view relevant Thermal and Electrical summary of the current vessel in VAB or flight
      • Electrical summary:
        • Shows whole-vessel power flows, separated into consumption and generation
        • VAB panel has a tool to simulate distance effects on solar panel efficiency
        • Estimates time to drain or time to charge batteries
        • Can drill down to part categories (eg. Solar Panels, Harvesters, etc)
        • Can drill down to individual parts
        • Handles these module types
          • Stock: ModuleDeployableSolarPanel, ModuleGenerator, ModuleResourceConverter, ModuleActiveRadiator, ModuleResourceHarvester, ModuleCommand, ModuleLight, ModuleDataTransmitter, ModuleEnginesFX, ModuleAlternator
          • NF Suite: ModuleCurvedSolarPanel, FissionGenerator, ModuleRadioisotopeGenerator, ModuleCryoTank, ModuleAntimatterTank, ModuleChargeableEngine, ModuleDeployableCentrifuge, DischargeCapacitor (partial)
          • RealBattery: RealBattery
          • Other: KopernicusSolarPanel
      • Thermal mode:
        • Shows whole-vessel core heat flows, separated into draw and generation
        • Can drill down to part categories (eg. Solar Panels, Harvesters, etc)
        • Can drill down to individual parts
        • NOTE: does not handle non-core heat(eg re-entry, engines, solar)
        • NOTE: does not make a distinction between adjacent-only radiators and full-vessel radiators
        • Handles relevant module types
          • Stock: ModuleCoreHeat (Passive heat only eg RTG), ModuleResourceConverter, ModuleActiveRadiator, ModuleResourceHarvester
          • NF Suite: FissionReactor, ModuleFusionCore
    • Customize settings with DynamicBatteryStorageSettings.cfg
  • Fixed an older dll being shipped with the mod
  • Capacitor recharge can now be enabled or disabled in the VAB

Note the new thread for Dynamic Battery Storage, it is now a more visible part of the mod suite so it gets its own bug reports. If you see problems with the new UI or the timewarp compensation, head there. 

Also released a few minor updates:

Near Future Construction 1.1.2

• Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.8.0
  • Fixed octagonal docking port collider

Near Future Solar 1.0.3

• Fixed CTT location of small truss solar array
  • Moved truss solar arrays to Advanced Solar Tech node in CTT mode

On 7/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, Nertea said:

Mod now acts as a general power and thermal design tool as well as its previous functions

I haven't had a chance to check this out yet, and unfortunately probably won't for a minute, but if this means what I think it means I think I love you.

No, neither in VAB or in flight. 

Well, for example OKEB-75 panel was flat and fitted good to many rockets, now it's shroud is very extruded and OKEB-500 looked so nice being like a giant monolithic field of solar panels (but now it's much more flat while folded, which is nice), but it's just a matter of habit for me, i guess. And i just cannot express how i miss the old very short curved panel (which name i cannot remember, ironic) and Tweakscale support for curved panels in general. Of course they were very thick and kinda ugly for that matter, but i used them for all my spaceplanes back in the days and the very short one was really useful for powering literally everything that needs a medium amount of EC. Other than that all the new panels looks amazing - now i am just addicted to using the Orion one for every single vacuum craft.

Just three parts which must be having a different animation mechanic or so: OKEB-150R, OKEB-25R, OKEB-75R. The OKEB-150R behaved like that in the old versions of NFS too, but i thought it maybe meant to be like that (and with other two solar panels glitched up like that after the update i am now sure thet it isn't intended to). For taking screenshots i used a fresh KSP install without DLCs and with only NFS installed from CKAN, but that glitch is still there both with manual installing in an empty Gamedata or full modded install with both DLCs (so it's not a mod conflict clearly).

I use no -forceDX11 or -forceopengl stuff, but in case - when i tried -DX11 (some time ago, reinstalled KSP a couple times since then, so unrelated directly), there were a texture glitches (some turned pitch black), maybe it matters. Specs - Win8.1, 4 gb of RAM (potato computer, yeah), Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT, drivers and DirectX is up-to-date (idk maybe it matters). 

PS. When folded, that leaning parts are blinking like clipped parts, idk khow to say it more clear.

FYI, I think we confirmed elsewhere that this is due to quality settings being set to Fastest. Try turning them up.

3 hours ago, Vadym said:

Engines in this mode do not work. Megajouuli are necessary for their work, but where to take them is not understandable !!!

most likely a Mod conflict with KSPI-E

On 7/5/2019 at 3:59 PM, Nertea said:

@Nertea, in the past there's been .. well, issues with CKAN in general, and many authors don't like supporting it. I recently noticed that now Twitch is supporting KSP mods, and your mods are up there. Is this something you've intentionally done, and is it a good/preferred method of mod installation? I've had my share of issues with CKAN, and Twitch has several features I like (such as saving/syncing mods).

Hi @Nertea, first of all I want to say that I really like your mods, both the NF and other ones.

Personally I really enjoy making spaceplanes, therefore I would like to know if you are currently working on NF Aeronautics? I know there are some other good space plane mods out there but I have gone through the images of the mod a few times and for me it has basically everything I need :0.0:.

I have read that you lost the main files, and  I don’t know if there is an audience outside of me for the mod, so if you’re not working on it (or will be) I understand. I’m just asking so I know if I can look forward to installing it in the future.

Thanks

15 hours ago, AmpCat said:

@Nertea, in the past there's been .. well, issues with CKAN in general, and many authors don't like supporting it. I recently noticed that now Twitch is supporting KSP mods, and your mods are up there. Is this something you've intentionally done, and is it a good/preferred method of mod installation? I've had my share of issues with CKAN, and Twitch has several features I like (such as saving/syncing mods).

The Twitch launcher simply indexes mods found on Curse, since Curse is part of Twitch these days. Nertea uses Curse as a mirror next to Spacedock.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:35 AM, Streetwind said:

The Twitch launcher simply indexes mods found on Curse, since Curse is part of Twitch these days. Nertea uses Curse as a mirror next to Spacedock.

Forgot about that. Well, since they had some contract with Curse for mods, that mean we can finally have a good, official mod manager now? But, way off topic.

On 7/19/2019 at 4:43 PM, ISOREX_ said:

Hi @Nertea, first of all I want to say that I really like your mods, both the NF and other ones.

Personally I really enjoy making spaceplanes, therefore I would like to know if you are currently working on NF Aeronautics? I know there are some other good space plane mods out there but I have gone through the images of the mod a few times and for me it has basically everything I need :0.0:.

I have read that you lost the main files, and  I don’t know if there is an audience outside of me for the mod, so if you’re not working on it (or will be) I understand. I’m just asking so I know if I can look forward to installing it in the future.

Thanks

It still works in the current release version.

I currently have no plans to fix it anytime soon. Next window is probably September area, sorry.