[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

20 hours ago, slackitude said:

Possible bug? All three VASIMR engines are showing zero delta-V in Kerbal Engineer, both Argon and Xenon modes. KSP 1.3, NFP 0.9.0. The engines fire up in both modes with no issue. 

I am seeing this on my Mac, but not on my PC, but I think it may be a bug with KER. Removing the VariableIspEngine module does not improve things, and other MultiModeEngines don't seem to show DV, like the KA bimodals and even the stock multimodal atmospheric engines. Can I request you check the Rapier in your system, for example?

22 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@Nertea What I meant was using the Orion/ATV solar panels in my mod.

Indeed, I need to know a bit more about what you intend.

59 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I am seeing this on my Mac, but not on my PC, but I think it may be a bug with KER. Removing the VariableIspEngine module does not improve things, and other MultiModeEngines don't seem to show DV, like the KA bimodals and even the stock multimodal atmospheric engines. Can I request you check the Rapier in your system, for example?

I'm on a Mac as well. Just checked a Rapier, KER is working normally in both modes. 

23 hours ago, slackitude said:

I'm on a Mac as well. Just checked a Rapier, KER is working normally in both modes. 

Much detective work: 

Long story short - Squad bug related to localization, I will provide a band-aid fix (remove the nicer localization names), but it will still be broken in non-english localizations and really Squad has to fix this one.

Various updates fixing some bugs (mainly important for NFP), dependency updates and finally a new language, courtesy of @fitiales!

NF Propulsion 0.9.1

• Updated B9PartSwitch to 1.8.1
  • Worked around a Squad localization bug that causes a bug in KER
  • Added Spanish Translation courtesy of forum user fitiales
  • Fixed all VASIMR engines having bugged Isp/power use/thrust values not representative of those shown in the VAB

NF Electrical 0.9.1

• Added Spanish localization courtesy of forum user fitiales
  • Fixed a small bug in the localization file

NF Solar 0.8.3

NF Construction 0.8.2

• Update B9PartSwitch to 1.8.1

NF Spacecraft 0.7.2

• Reenabled drag cube switches on Mk4-1 pod due to B9PartSwitch update
  • Fixed renamed parts not being handled by CTT/USI/CLS
  • Spanish Translation courtesy of forum user fitiales

Hello @Nertea, I have spotted a tiny typo in Near Future Propulsion, the title for the lithium tank lithium-25-3 is #LOC_NFPropulsion_lithium-25-2_title (LFT-A20 Lithium Tank), where it should have been A10.

Edited by canisin

25 minutes ago, canisin said:

Hello @Nertea, I have spotted a tiny typo in Near Future Propulsion, the title for the lithium tank lithium-25-3 is #LOC_NFPropulsion_lithium-25-2_title (LFT-A20 Lithium Tank), where it should have been A10.

Ah wish you'd posted this an hour ago :(

Found I could not launch something I was using prior to updating. I think I found the issue, but will only use if as a work around for the moment.

In Near_Future_Spacecraft-0.7.0

Spoiler

// Near Future Spacecraft CTT Support
// CTT 2.0+

// Utility cabin
@PART[mk3-9pod]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = heavyCommandModules
}
@PART[inlineCmdPod]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}
@PART[mk4-1pod]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = specializedCommandModules
}

In Near_Future_Spacecraft-0.7.2

Spoiler

// Near Future Spacecraft CTT Support
// CTT 2.0+

// Utility cabin
@PART[command-mk3-9]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}
@PART[command-ppd-1]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}
@PART[command-mk4-1]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = specializedCommandModules
}

Guess who was using a mk3-9 ?

BTW love your work. Thank you for doing it and for still keep on doing it.

Hey, I started getting some exceptions from DynamicBatteryStorage it looks like. I'm not showing any obvious symptoms in-game, although my asteroid ore drills aren't turning on correctly (seems reasonably unrelated). It's a ship saved in 1.2.2 as well, which is probably causing issues. Thought I'd post it here just in case though.

Spoiler

[ERR 00:22:45.873] Exception handling event onVesselGoOnRails in class ModuleDynamicBatteryStorage:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at DynamicBatteryStorage.PowerConsumer..ctor (PowerConsumerType tp, .PartModule mod) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DynamicBatteryStorage.ModuleDynamicBatteryStorage.TrySetupConsumer (.PartModule pm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DynamicBatteryStorage.ModuleDynamicBatteryStorage.RefreshVesselElectricalData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DynamicBatteryStorage.ModuleDynamicBatteryStorage.RefreshVesselElectricalData (.Vessel eventVessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 00:22:45.875] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DynamicBatteryStorage.PowerConsumer..ctor (PowerConsumerType tp, .PartModule mod)
    DynamicBatteryStorage.ModuleDynamicBatteryStorage.TrySetupConsumer (.PartModule pm)
    DynamicBatteryStorage.ModuleDynamicBatteryStorage.RefreshVesselElectricalData ()
    DynamicBatteryStorage.ModuleDynamicBatteryStorage.RefreshVesselElectricalData (.Vessel eventVessel)
    EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
    Vessel:GoOnRails()
    OrbitPhysicsManager:LateUpdate()

[EXC 00:27:11.162] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DynamicBatteryStorage.PowerConsumer..ctor (PowerConsumerType tp, .PartModule mod)
    DynamicBatteryStorage.ModuleDynamicBatteryStorage.TrySetupConsumer (.PartModule pm)
    DynamicBatteryStorage.ModuleDynamicBatteryStorage.RefreshVesselElectricalData ()
    DynamicBatteryStorage.ModuleDynamicBatteryStorage.RefreshVesselElectricalData (.Vessel eventVessel)
    EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
    Vessel:OnDestroy()
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    Part:Couple(Part)
    ModuleDockingNode:DockToVessel(ModuleDockingNode)
    ModuleDockingNode:<SetupFSM>m__2D2()
    KerbalFSM:RunEvent(KFSMEvent)
    KerbalFSM:updateFSM(KFSMUpdateMode)
    KerbalFSM:UpdateFSM()
    ModuleDockingNode:Update()

*** This one repeated many times for a while ***
[LOG 00:27:15.910] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Trying to clear buffer storage
[EXC 00:27:15.911] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DynamicBatteryStorage.ModuleDynamicBatteryStorage.FixedUpdate ()

Full Log

Edit: my drills aren't turning on because the asteroid has been mined out, so ignore that part. mega-derp.

Edited by Wheffle

Hey, that took longer than I thought for the first issue to come up!

Okay so... Hmm... looks like the killer event is an undocking. Can you get me screenshots of the ship and the AsteroidBase you have?

7 hours ago, Nertea said:

Hey, that took longer than I thought for the first issue to come up!

Okay so... Hmm... looks like the killer event is an undocking. Can you get me screenshots of the ship and the AsteroidBase you have?

Snapped a few shots. Hopefully they are helpful. It's an asteroid miner morphed into a permanent base, basically. The issues arose when I docked the hab module (the one with all the hitch hikers and itinerant). I also undocked the claw and re-grabbed in an attempt to make my drills work again before I realized the asteroid had no more ore left. I also undocked and re-docked the hab module once to rotate it. All the parts are either stock, USI Life Support, Near Future, or DMagic's EVA struts.

Spoiler

Also, a list of mods I'm running, in case that is helpful as well:

Spoiler

Community Tech Tree
Community Resource Pack
Community Category Kit
Environmental Visual Enhancements
EVA Struts
EVA Resource Transfer
Flexible Docking Ports
Kerbal Engineer
NavBall Docking Alignment Indicator
Near Future Electrical
Near Future Propulsion
Near Future Solar
Near Future Spacecraft
Orbital Survey Plus
Planetary Bases
Precise Maneuver
Kerbal Alarm Clock
USI Life Support

Edited by Wheffle
clarification

@Wheffle Thanks for the well structured bug report and assistance. I think as a result I found the bug, which looks like it's to do with the parsing of electricity production on resource converters. If you're still having the bug (ie, you can go ingame and easily reproduce it), I'd greatly appreciate if you could test a new dll file out for me to check I've resolved it. 

22 minutes ago, Nertea said:

@Wheffle Thanks for the well structured bug report and assistance. I think as a result I found the bug, which looks like it's to do with the parsing of electricity production on resource converters. If you're still having the bug (ie, you can go ingame and easily reproduce it), I'd greatly appreciate if you could test a new dll file out for me to check I've resolved it. 

Undocking seems to produce an exception every time. I'd be happy to do some testing.

NF Electrical 0.9.2

•  Updated DynamicBatteryStorage to 1.0.1
    •  Reduced logging
    •  Fixed an issue with generator parsing on ModuleResourceConverters

NF Propulsion 0.9.3

• Fixed a localization error on the small lithium tank

NF Solar 0.8.4

• Fixed a rogue debug logging call