[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

15 hours ago, _Zee said:

I keep getting an error when MM is applying patches.

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'NearFutureAeronautics/Parts/Nacelle/nfa-intake-largeshock/nfa-intake-largeshock'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'AnimatedIntake'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

I commented out the module in the cfg but I'm not sure what it actually does? Its the only intake with this module.

Don't worry about it, not important. 

On 1/22/2019 at 11:25 AM, SoonerTed said:

@NerteaI love this mod.  I know you say it's feature-complete, but ...

The Making History 1.8m parts lack something key - they don't have a crew compartment.  1.25 has the spaceplane crew compartment and 2.5 has the Hitchhiiker.

Have you considered a full line of 1.8 parts?  1.8 is great for missions around kerbin / mun / minmus, but it's tough to get tourists there with that part set.

I don't have MH so there's that. 

Also the fact that allowing a single 1.875m part into my part sets irrevocably sets a precedent that people will ask for 1.875m reactors, fuel tanks of many types, engines, etc is annoying. 

20 hours ago, Nertea said:

Also the fact that allowing a single 1.875m part into my part sets irrevocably sets a precedent that people will ask for 1.875m reactors, fuel tanks of many types, engines, etc is annoying. 

I understand, and that's fair.  (Though I wouldn't mind seeing an entire line of 1.875m parts from you.)  Your work is high-quality, and appreciated.  I knew it was a long-shot request.

I do love your mods.  They feel more stock than stock does, to be honest.  Keep up the good work, and I respect your right to decline requests.

On 1/18/2019 at 7:22 PM, Nertea said:

Yes this is always helpful! Each mod has a folder like this one that holds all the localization data: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/NearFutureSpacecraft/tree/master/GameData/NearFutureSpacecraft/Localization

You can look at the files in there to see what languages have been done and make a new one as per the Localization.md file's guide there. 

Once done, submit a pull request via GitHub to add it to the mod and hopefully it will make it into the next version. 

Got it! I will try to translate into my language but no promise, it depends on my spare time. My exp is based on server-side env but i think i can handle a simple plain txt format on client-side too ;) As i said, i love this mod and it's a pleasure to give my contribution. Plz keep it updated!

6 minutes ago, Gunslinger1 said:

Just noticed that the stock ion engine has "Cruise Control" which allows for thrust during time acceleration. Any possible way to add this to NFP's engines?

I’ve never heard of this feature, and the KSP wiki page doesn’t mention it. Are you sure a mod’s not adding that?

Has anyone put together a patch to fix NF Spacecraft life support modules for compatibility with the new swappable converters format in USI-LS v1.0.0, distributed in the 20 Nov 2018 Constellation? @Pulsar and/or @Boamere did one for SSPXr (haven't seen a PR yet).  Looking for an existing patch before I jump down the rabbit hole of syntax mimicry, and I may do a first try on a smaller mod that also needs an update.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:23 AM, KSPrynk said:

Has anyone put together a patch to fix NF Spacecraft life support modules for compatibility with the new swappable converters format in USI-LS v1.0.0, distributed in the 20 Nov 2018 Constellation? @Pulsar and/or @Boamere did one for SSPXr (haven't seen a PR yet).  Looking for an existing patch before I jump down the rabbit hole of syntax mimicry, and I may do a first try on a smaller mod that also needs an update.

Haven't seen anything myself!

On 1/29/2019 at 6:23 PM, KSPrynk said:

I made one for myself actually. Probably should have posted it here :o

Here it is: Beans

I'm not too sure how bays work with USI so It may not be 100% 

Edited by Boamere

On 1/23/2019 at 8:44 PM, Nertea said:

The obvious answer to anyone having SoonerTed's  particular problem is Tweakscale. There's a fair number of configs included for various NFT parts, and it works well for things such as fuel tanks.

It includes settings for Squad's Hitchhiker, but the standard doesn't work for the 1.875m size. With that size in Making History making that one of the Tweakscale standard sizes might be a good idea. It's easy enough to include that size.

I added this line to the config for the Hitchhiker, though it might make more sense to enlarge a 1.25m part. It works, but 4 crew places in a part that size looks a bit silly.

scaleFactors   = 1.25, 1.875, 2.5,  3.75

It's a swings and roundabouts thing whether a mod should use Tweakscale. Different-sized parts are more tolerant of version changes, but on a change like this one, for a fuel tank or battery, it would fill a gap.

@Nertea

Recently gave the Hall-Effect RCS thrusters (SPZ-5167) a try only to discover that they were not responsive. I've plenty of Argon fuel and have RCS mode enabled for all three Thrusters. Is it that the Thrusters need a fuel pipe to be effective?

Note: In the picture below, I've the Argon tanks staged to break off three at a time  as the fuel is used up. The all the tanks are set around Cubic-Family-Medium-Struts set to Triangular. The idea here is that the Thrusters are lighter that the "Gyro-1" and thus are ideal for a light, long ranged ship.

Edit: Discovered that I have the Thrusters mounted backwards! :blush:

Cheers!

Redacted

46961237201_4067e0414a_b.jpg

Edited by Redacted

Hello, @Nertea ! Can you help me? I'm install NF Electrical, but i don't see Reactor Control Panel in Toolbars with nuclear reactors . But in Planetary Base mod with nuclear reactor K&K, Reactor Control Panel can see him and it's work! What could be problem? 

This is my file with Logs

(I'm sorry from my English)

Edited by Giraffe

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

Hello, @Nertea ! Can you help me? I'm install NF Electrical, but i don't see Reactor Control Panel in Toolbars with nuclear reactors . But in Planetary Base mod with nuclear reactor K&K, Reactor Control Panel can see him and it's work! What could be problem? 

This is my file with Logs

(I'm sorry from my English)

I don't know if it's related, but:

Your log is full of Kerbalism errors. Thousands of them. They complain about missing resource definitions.

Please make sure that you have installed all your mods correctly, including all their dependencies.

I tried installing Near Future Spacecraft and B9 ( module manager already there from a different mod ). But only the landing legs and crew container were there! How do I install?

Edited by MSA

19 minutes ago, MSA said:

I tried installing Near Future Spacecraft and B9 ( module manager already there from a different mod ). But only the landing legs and crew container were there! How do I install?

You install the mod by opening the downloaded zip file, going into the GameData subfolder, and dragging and dropping all of its contents into your own GameData directory. That is all.

There are three folders included, and Module Manager. All four items are required.