[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

The current supported version is 1.4.3. There is a good chance that the mods also run just fine on other 1.4.x versions. However, if you report a bug, be sure you can reproduce it on 1.4.3. Otherwise it will likely just get filed under "incompatible version".

NF Propulsion 1.0.2

•  KSP 1.4.5
  • Updated ModuleManager to 3.0.7
  • Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.3.3
  • Rebuild for 1.4.5

NF Electrical 0.10.2

•  KSP 1.4.5
  •  Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.3.3
  •  Updated ModuleManager to 3.0.7
  •  Updated DynamicBatteryStorage to 1.3.2
  •  Fixed regression for fuel transfer localization

NF Solar 0.8.12

•  KSP 1.4.5
  •  Updated bundled MM version
  •  Rebuilt project for new version
  •  Widened KSP min/max specification

NF Construction 1.0.3

•  KSP 1.4.5
  •  Updated MM to 3.0.7
  •  Widened KSP version specification to 1.4.99
  •  Fixed a localization typo in switchable planar struts
  •  Fixed a mesh offset on some hex truss variants

NF Spacecraft 0.7.10

•  KSP 1.4.5
  •  Updated B9Partswitch to 2.3.3
  •  Updated ModuleManager to 3.0.7

NF Launch Vehicles 1.1.6

•  KSP 1.4.5
  •  Widened versioning specification up to KSP 1.4.99
  •  Updated MM to 3.0.7
  •  Added CLS patch
  •  Fixed diameter of 7.5 to 5m adapter being slightly too large 

4 minutes ago, Messernacht said:

Many thanks @Nertea for the updates across the board.

Just to check, I'm clicking the links for the Spacedock downloads, and they're all showing up as 1.4.4. In the immortal words of Charles 'Charlie' Fodderite, 'Is that a typo?'

Spacedock doesn't seem to have a meta tag for 1.4.5 yet, so I picked the highest one. 

ran into an issue. with the trusses I select the structural truss and it should be just a metal rectangular cage but it shows a tank inside. selecting a sub type where I usually use a hollow to fill as I need in most cases still shows the tank inside and there is a weird fuzzing like when more then one part is occupying the same space. I have all the near mods except launch installed and am running ksp 1.4.4 wit the making history add on. is there any issues regarding this and a fix?

Sounds like you're missing B9PartSwitch.

36 minutes ago, Apollo Outamon said:

ran into an issue. with the trusses I select the structural truss and it should be just a metal rectangular cage but it shows a tank inside. selecting a sub type where I usually use a hollow to fill as I need in most cases still shows the tank inside and there is a weird fuzzing like when more then one part is occupying the same space. I have all the near mods except launch installed and am running ksp 1.4.4 wit the making history add on. is there any issues regarding this and a fix?

On 8/24/2017 at 9:30 PM, Nertea said:

@Lyneira This is a somewhat known issue. You may be interested in this discussion here:

It's basically what you just went through. The person who defined the cfg values in CRP just went and threw "real" numbers in there. The changes just haven't gone through yet.

It seems nothing came of this discussion and Xenon/Argon are still impossible to harvest from the atmosphere on any planet?

Most recent CRP Xenon config:

GLOBAL_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = XenonGas
	ResourceType = 2

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 50
		MinAbundance = 0.00000005
		MaxAbundance = 0.0000005
		Variance = 5
	}
}
GLOBAL_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = XenonGas
	ResourceType = 1

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 50
		MinAbundance = .0001
		MaxAbundance = 0.01
		Variance = 50
	}
}
PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = XenonGas
	ResourceType = 2
	PlanetName = Kerbin

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 100
		MinAbundance = 0.00000009
		MaxAbundance = 0.0000002
		Variance = 5
	}
}

So, only oceans have a harvestable amount and I don't think there's a tool to do that in NF. Is there any reason not to just change the MinAbundance to 0.001? That's still very tiny and takes forever to harvest a usable amount. Or have I missed something?

6 hours ago, Mutex said:

It seems nothing came of this discussion and Xenon/Argon are still impossible to harvest from the atmosphere on any planet?

Most recent CRP Xenon config:

GLOBAL_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = XenonGas
	ResourceType = 2

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 50
		MinAbundance = 0.00000005
		MaxAbundance = 0.0000005
		Variance = 5
	}
}
GLOBAL_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = XenonGas
	ResourceType = 1

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 50
		MinAbundance = .0001
		MaxAbundance = 0.01
		Variance = 50
	}
}
PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = XenonGas
	ResourceType = 2
	PlanetName = Kerbin

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 100
		MinAbundance = 0.00000009
		MaxAbundance = 0.0000002
		Variance = 5
	}
}

So, only oceans have a harvestable amount and I don't think there's a tool to do that in NF. Is there any reason not to just change the MinAbundance to 0.001? That's still very tiny and takes forever to harvest a usable amount. Or have I missed something?

I did a PR against that some time ago, then there was a regression. I'll do it again.

Recently wanted to download the NF Electrical on CKAN.

But it would not allow because two of its Dependencies (NF Electrical Core And NF Electrical Extras) as still listed as 1.4.4

Edited by BlackHat

1 hour ago, BlackHat said:

Recently wanted to download the NF Electrical on CKAN.

But it would not allow because two of its Dependencies (NF Electrical Core And NF Electrical Extras) as still listed as 1.4.4

As a workaround you can you can enable further compatible KSP versions in CKAN. For this, go to "Settings", then select "Compatible KSP versions".

unknown.png

Just enable the relevant KSP version and then click "Save".

DISCLAIMER: The warnings displayed in the screenshot above are to be observed at all times. Just remember, pure part packs are probably fine amongst 1.4.x patch versions, as long as any dependencies (part modules) are compatible with the version you are running. Part modules from recent versions may not work as intended (or at all).

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to new Near Future pack time!

Introducing Near Future Aeronautics!

MskjDXE.png

Full Screenshot Gallery

Well, it's not that new. It basically scoops up all the non-fuselage parts from the MkIV Spaceplane system and makes them available without downloading that rather heavy mod. Also, as a bonus, I retextured everything , made new effects and added some new stuff. In summary, you get:

• Large Multimode Engines: Big (2.5m), powerful RAPIER-like engines for your wildest spaceplane needs.
  • Large Jet Engines: Hefty atmospheric 2.5m engines - turbofans and turbojets for big aircraft.
  • Advanced Propeller Engines: Super-efficient low speed propfans and turboprops.
  • Lift Fans: Designed specifically for efficient VTOL and available in many sizes, these engines can run on LiquidFuel and air, or be driven electrically for flight in oxygenless atmospheres. You might need a nuclear reactor for that though, can't think were you might find a mod giving those though...
  • Nuclear Jet Engines: Massive, rewarding engines that let you fly almost forever as long as you're in their performance envelope. 
  • VTOL Jet Engines: A pair of fast response pretty engine ports that are thrust optimized for VTOLling. 
  • Large Nacelles and Intakes: Of course, 2.5m nacelles, aviation fuel tanks, engine pods, precoolers and advanced intakes are available to help out.

Let's also give a shoutout to @JadeOfMaar and @Maffif for last-minute testing and screenshot taking.