[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

1 hour ago, Asmosdeus said:

Has anyone else encountered a problem with Reactors not being cooling by radiators?

They cool everything else but the reactors just immediately overheat and the temperature load of the radiators doesn't change.

Nobody seems to have issues. Have you activated your radiators? Do you have enough radiators? If you're using stock fixed radiators, are they within 1 part of the reactors? A screenshot of your craft would probably help. 

Ah yeah that is way too little capacity. Match the Required Cooling for the reactor in the VAB to the total Core Heat XFer on the radiators. I think those rads are 1000 kW each, that reactor requires something like  9000 kW.

Yeah I tried it with Far Future graphene radiators and with the smallest reactor but still no joy. I'm doing a completely clean install to see if that helps any.

So a completely clean reinstall of the whole game worked even after I reinstalled my old saves and mods, so no idea what caused that issue to crop up.

Edited by Asmosdeus

On 11/10/2018 at 5:04 PM, KnightmareX13 said:

Having a similar issue, the reactor isn't overheating but when I shut it down for refueling it will hang about 14 degrees above the maximum waste transfer temperature.

Even with time warping?

On 11/10/2018 at 6:06 PM, jlcarneiro said:

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like you just removed Mini-AVC dll, right?

Yes, just gives players more of a choice.

I just uploaded the new release of NF Spacecraft. This is the last targeted content update for this mod, we'll be moving into maintenence/minor renos now.

rjRGhtQ.png

Full update album

Changelog

•  KSP 1.5.1
  •  Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.4.5
  •  Updated ModuleManager to 3.1.0
  •  Updated NF Props to 0.3.5
  •  Removed MiniAVC distribution
  •  Added 0.625m docking nosecone
  •  Added 0.625m blunt shaped nosecone
  •  Added Mk1-X 'Phoebe' Orbital Command Pod: orbitally focused 1 seater 1.25m command pod
  •  Added Mk1-TMA 'Proteus' Advanced Command Pod: advanced 2 seater 1.25m command pod
  •  Added Mk1-L 'Nereid' Command Pod: specialized 1.25m command pod for landing 2 kerbals (Dragon 2 style)
  •  Added Mk3B 'Pandora' Advanced Command Pod: advanced 4 seater 2.5m command pod
  •  Added Mk3 'Tethys' Advanced Command Pod: specialized 2.5m command pod for landing 3 kerbals (Dragon 2 style)
  •  Added Mk4-B 'Elara' Biconic Command Module: high tech multipurpose 3.75m command pod
  •  Added 64-8S 'Chickadee' Landing Engine: high thrust small radial monoprop engine for Nereid, Tethys
  •  Added 96-8S 'Mockingbird' Landing Engine: higher thrust larger radial monoprop engine for Almathea
  •  Added new variant to Mk4-1 pod: shroud option to enable landing pod nodes in lower skirt with extra integrated fuel
  •  Added heat shield module to Mk4-1 pod: Ablator is added when using the either of the lower skirt modes that terminate at 3.75m
  •  Rebalanced Mk4-1 pod to fit the "landing pod" paradigm for 3.75m
  •  Added nicknames to all old command pods (Mk4-1 Almathea, PPD-1 Callisto, Mk 3-9 Rhea)
  •  Added integrated RCS to Mk3-9, PPD-1 and Mk4-1 pods
  •  Reduced mass of Mk3-9 pod to 1.85 from 2.1
  •  Redid external textures of Mk3-9, PPD-1 and Mk4-1 to match new standards (consistent colours, etc)
  •  Retextured Itinerant pod to match standards and fixed its orientation
  •  New RCS FX for improved RCS parts
  •  Rearranged CTT nodes somewhat

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

Even with time warping?

Yes, just gives players more of a choice.

I just uploaded the new release of NF Spacecraft. This is the last targeted content update for this mod, we'll be moving into maintenence/minor renos now.

(snip)

Full update album

I really like your picture album. It nicely shows the parts and was quite funny to read as well. Thank you very much for this mod!

@Nertea You make a ton of brilliant part mods and Near Future is just one of them. My favourite has to be NF Spacecraft...downloaded. There's some command pods in there I never knew I needed :cool:

10 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

Question, what are the nose protrusions supposed to be on the nose of the Mk1-X 'Phoebe' and the Mk3B 'Pandora'?

Yeah, I was wondering that too. What exactly are they?

Beautiful new pods, very well done. RasterPropMonitor screens have vanished from all pods, however. Bug or intended removal like last time?

Read the FAQ, same as last time; more renovations. Looking forward to having them back, the intereriors look just as beautiful without them though

Edited by Hoddd9000

KSP 1.5.1 - Near Future Construction 1.0.4

The Grip-O-Tron Linear Docking Connection seems do not dock and parts are bouncing each other forever. The XL version seems to work (even I had to nudge it a bit).

DU7Ld2q.jpg

Thanks for all the mods tho! Should be added to the official base game.

EDIT: .....er..... now I can't dock even in the XL version....

Edited by YourOldNerd