[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

4 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

lQ0uvER.jpg

Are any of these mods known to conflict with NFE? I can't see any other reason why it wouldn't be working properly.

The Decaying_RTG cfg is supposed to stay in its folder, and that folder goes in game data. Same with the RTG patch. Firespitter isn't supposed to be a raw dll, either, it usually stays in its folder.

4 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

The Decaying_RTG cfg is supposed to stay in its folder, and that folder goes in game data. Same with the RTG patch. Firespitter isn't supposed to be a raw dll, either, it usually stays in its folder.

Decaying_RTGs is ProbesPlus' patch, which doesn't have a folder, and it doesn't seem to make a difference whether NFElectricalRTGPatch.cfg is in it's folder or not.

On 7/14/2018 at 10:13 PM, r1chardj0n3s said:

The only .. problem I've had so far though is that they seem to have ... unlimited energy storage :) I struggled to write "problem" there :)

Need more data. Specific reproduction steps with only NF mods installed please. 

On 7/9/2018 at 7:58 AM, Valyria said:

just tested in English, the problem has disappeared. So it is the translation into French that is problematic.
There is a manipulation that I could do to play in FR without the bug?

Ugh, I fix this every KSP version. Looks like 1.4.4 broke my hack. I'll look into it...

15 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Hmm, so any ideas why the RTGs aren't decaying, and what I can do to troubleshoot this issue?

Can you define the why more closely? Is the module showing up ingame? How are you measuring the output?

As with the other bug, please detail your reproduction steps. 

As an aside, I've been neglecting the forums, my apologies. I'll update things to 1.4.4 as soon as I'm sure squad won't be dropping a hotfix for it instantly. 

2 minutes ago, r1chardj0n3s said:

I'll see if I can do this, yep!

Thanks, it really helps to have these with my limited time if I have a workflow where I can fix something, test and recycle quickly!

It sounds like some kind of problem with Dynamic Battery Storage but who knows really. 

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

Thanks, it really helps to have these with my limited time if I have a workflow where I can fix something, test and recycle quickly!

It sounds like some kind of problem with Dynamic Battery Storage but who knows really. 

Yep! Since it's a low priority (it's not game-breaking) I'll probably not get around to looking into it until the weekend.

10 hours ago, Nertea said:

Can you define the why more closely? Is the module showing up ingame? How are you measuring the output?

As with the other bug, please detail your reproduction steps.

The module is showing up in-game, everything works properly, except the RTGs' efficiency and energy output never decrease (ProbesPlus' RTGs are affected in the same way).

Reproduction steps, I have no idea what's causing the bug, though I'd think it's one of the mods I have installed. I'll try and uninstall a few.

@sslaptnhablhat I just tested on my end.

Screenshot gallery: https://imgur.com/a/J006qBC

1.) Clean 1.4.3 install, plus latest NF Electrical, nothing else save for bundled dependencies.
2.) New sandbox save.
3.) RTG looks like it should in the editor (screenshot 1), with the custom decay module applied. You can see NFE parts present.
4.) Once in space, the decay actually happens (screenshot 2).
5.) Closed the game down, removed the Parts subfolder from NFE completely.
6.) Started game again, deleted savegame, created new savegame.
7.) RTG looks like it should in the editor (screenshot 3), with the custom decay module applied. You can see that the NFE parts are now gone.
8.) Once in space, the decay still happens (screenshot 4).

Verdict: everything is working as intended.

You must be having a cross-mod conflict, or an otherwise busted installation. Try starting with a clean 1.4.3 installation plus NFE yourself, then add in your other mods in small groups until you can reproduce the issue.

33 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

@sslaptnhablhat I just tested on my end.

Screenshot gallery: https://imgur.com/a/J006qBC

1.) Clean 1.4.3 install, plus latest NF Electrical, nothing else save for bundled dependencies.
2.) New sandbox save.
3.) RTG looks like it should in the editor (screenshot 1), with the custom decay module applied. You can see NFE parts present.
4.) Once in space, the decay actually happens (screenshot 2).
5.) Closed the game down, removed the Parts subfolder from NFE completely.
6.) Started game again, deleted savegame, created new savegame.
7.) RTG looks like it should in the editor (screenshot 3), with the custom decay module applied. You can see that the NFE parts are now gone.
8.) Once in space, the decay still happens (screenshot 4).

Verdict: everything is working as intended.

You must be having a cross-mod conflict, or an otherwise busted installation. Try starting with a clean 1.4.3 installation plus NFE yourself, then add in your other mods in small groups until you can reproduce the issue.

Thanks for the info, I'll do just that, but first, I must sleep, for I live in a timezone drenched in moonlight as of present.

On 7/15/2018 at 3:13 PM, r1chardj0n3s said:

Hiya, love this mod! The little MX-0 KerboPower reactors are proving to be so useful :)

The only .. problem I've had so far though is that they seem to have ... unlimited energy storage :) I struggled to write "problem" there :)

I have a bunch of them around the place and they all seem to just keep growing in their Electric Charge stored.

I've also notice the PPD-24 Itinerant Service Container has the same issue.

KSP 1.4.4

FWIW I've noticed the same unbounded energy in parts from other mods now also, so it's most likely nothing to do with this mod. Sorry for the noise!

18 hours ago, Streetwind said:

The question is, does the issue go away if you remove Dynamic Battery Storage?

I noticed Nertea's reference to that up above but I'm actually not sure what it is. It didn't occur to me that it was a separate mod. I'll investigate when I fire up the game tonight.

On 7/25/2018 at 7:02 PM, r1chardj0n3s said:

I noticed Nertea's reference to that up above but I'm actually not sure what it is. It didn't occur to me that it was a separate mod. I'll investigate when I fire up the game tonight.

I couldn't reproduce the issue in 1.4.5 with NFE 0.10.1. Steps taken:

1. Build a vessel with one Mk1-3 pod, one MX-1 reactor, 4xMedium TCS
  2. Teleport to orbit, extend radiators, activate reactor.
  3. Observe battery buffer increasing as timewarp increases, but decreasing correctly on decrease of timewarp
  4. Tested several timewarp/save/load scenarios with correct buffer created and restored. 

Can you provide some specific reproduction steps? You can activate the DBS window with CTRL+SHIFT+K, it will populate above x1000 timewarp and describe how the battery buffer is behaving. If you're seeing an issue, some screenshots of this window will help.

Also, y apologies @Valyria, I appear to have actually removed the localization fix at one point. I don't know how that happened, but it is easy to reintroduce it.

Edited by Nertea

5 hours ago, Nertea said:

I couldn't reproduce the issue in 1.4.5 with NFE 0.10.1. Steps taken:

1.  Build a vessel with one Mk1-3 pod, one MX-1 reactor, 4xMedium TCS
  2.  Teleport to orbit, extend radiators, activate reactor.
  3. Observe battery buffer increasing as timewarp increases, but decreasing correctly on decrease of timewarp
  4.  Tested several timewarp/save/load scenarios with correct buffer created and restored. 

Can you provide some specific reproduction steps? You can activate the DBS window with CTRL+SHIFT+K, it will populate above x1000 timewarp and describe how the battery buffer is behaving. If you're seeing an issue, some screenshots of this window will help.

Sorry, I've been unable to reproduce it with a reduced mod install set (just NFE and its required dependencies). My main game mod install set is over 100 :-(

30 minutes ago, Juba said:

@Nertea  

Lets say I want to use all your mods, What KSP version should i use ?

Never played Making History since i have been waiting for your updated mods but I can't take it any more.

Thank you for these awesome mods.

1.4.5... soon... I hope? 

22 hours ago, Fr8monkey said:

I'm playing 1.4 2, and it works there...

I tried, downloaded every Nertea mod which according to spacedock works for KSP 1.4.2 then I downgraded KSP to 1.4.2

But i get a message for some of the mods that they are not supported and I should use 1.4.3 despite i downloaded the 1.4.2 mods ??!!!

Edited by Juba